Thrift-Store Viking Cue

SlateMate

Banned
does anyone know the model of this Viking cue? i found it at a thrift-store for $14.00 with a soft case. the only thing that i hate about it is the funky red wrap but it's probably the way they made it. i will need to refinish because the clear-coat is coming off and it's got numerous small dents.

Attachments

• DSCF2346.JPG
    DSCF2346.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 430
  • DSCF2347.JPG
    DSCF2347.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 420
  • DSCF2348.JPG
    DSCF2348.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 419

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
does anyone know the model of this Viking cue? i found it at a thrift-store for $14.00 with a soft case. the only thing that i hate about it is the funky red wrap but it's probably the way they made it. i will need to refinish because the clear-coat is coming off and it's got numerous small dents.

Hi Slate
Unless someone like chopdoc chimes in here, you might want to put your thread in the gallery section.

cue fix

Will "MONSOON" & SEARING!
Silver Member
Please add a photo showing the full forearm if there are any inlays in it. Due to the Viking logo being in an oval ring I think it is from the mid to late 90's

L I F D 1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yup.

1992 catalog.

FYI the model number was the MSRP IIRC.

Considering the value I would just play the heck out of it, skip the refinish. Just polish it up. :thumbup:

Had same idea.

Could refinish and would have exactly same selling value, $150.00.

Clean it up, ferrule and tip, put better string on there, do all of that and you'll have a very good cue.
Viking had been especially known for Choice Wood.

M.G.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please don't start upselling this.

The cue has the beauty of an east european truck and the LD properties of a freighter.
So in short, it had its time long long time ago.

If YOU feel a connection to it, sure, have it re-finished and play it. But don't expect a value of more than 20$ or so.

150$ ? You must have powerful dreams. It's nowhere near in value to a HXT or Cuetec.

L I F D 1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please don't start upselling this.

The cue has the beauty of an east european truck and the LD properties of a freighter.
So in short, it had its time long long time ago.

If YOU feel a connection to it, sure, have it re-finished and play it. But don't expect a value of more than 20$ or so.

150$ ? You must have powerful dreams. It's nowhere near in value to a HXT or Cuetec.

I meant to say : Refinished, cue will have same value as the Refinish itself.

About $150.00, so... a quick clean-up as recommended. (Viola!)

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That was my first cue I got when I was 15 in 1992, though mine was birdseye. I wish I never sold it. It was $120 IIRC, bought at Buffalo Billiards in Cotati. Play an accordion, go to Cotati!