Jacoby BlaCk Carbon Fiber Shaft

norest

Registered
Has anyone spent any time with one of these? Lots of us would love any available feedback. I'm hearing that initial shipments will be in Radial joints and the tip will be 12.3 mm.

Last edited:

jtip

Jtip
I love mine. I've only had it 24 hours now, but 5 of those shooting with it. I went through Elliott Sanderson out of the UK. Great guy to deal with. Yes, 12.3mm. I've spent most of my pool playing life with 12.75. And because this cue has such low deflection, it is amazingly accurate. Feel and feedback are great. 19" taper is gorgeous. Mine came in at .846 at the joint. My Samsara is .840. But with the black joint the size difference is barely noticeable. I havent tried the becue or cuetec carbon fiber and feel I'll never need to. This thing plays perfect for me. Blows my 12.9 Revo out of the water.

Newsheriffintwn

Newsheriff Custom Cues
Silver Member
Has anyone spent any time with one of these? Lots of us would love any available feedback. I'm hearing that initial shipments will be in Radial joints and the tip will be 12.3 mm.

I have played with the Revo (maybe 2 weeks) hit balls with the cuetec cynergy for a couple hours and have played about a week with the Jacoby black. I tapped mine to fit 3/8-10 as well as radial pin.

The Jacoby in my opinion plays the most like a wood shaft, that is it doesn't do any weird or strange things like the Revo. I've found it's easy to transition from a wood shaft to this shaft.

As far as the 3 mentioned CF shafts the Jacoby hands down winner, then the Cuetec with the Revo coming in last.

What did I think of each shaft...here goes.

The Revo

I spent the most time with this shaft and played a lot of games and tourneys with it. I didn't mind the stock tip but felt it was a little too soft for me personally. I tried several different tips with different hardness and determined you cannot use anything harder than a med tip with this shaft. I play with a hard tip (wb) normally and tried one on this shaft, lets just say don't waste your time you will be lucky to make a ball. Overall the shaft played well but would require extra effort in relearning how to aim certain shots.

The Cuetec Cynergy

I found the shaft much easier to play with than the Revo. I didn't feel like I needed to really tweak how I aimed shots to use this shaft. I played with the stock tip and did not change it. The taper is longer (thinner) than the Revo. Overall I felt the hit was nice and it played good.

The Jacoby Black

I really feel like this shaft plays like a wood shaft. I didn't need to aim any differently with this one to make shots with even heavy english. The taper is I believe a little longer than the cuetec.I changed the stock tip out to a triangle and really like it. Overall this is my shaft of choice when it comes to CF shafts.

Hope this helps out if you're looking to get into a CF shaft.

travislj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Revo & Cynergy. I did hit about 20 balls or so with the Jacoby at the derby. I would definitely agree the Revo definitely plays differently & takes more adjustment coming from a wooden shaft. The Cynergy is definitely easier to transition to from a wooden shaft. My limited experience with the Jacoby, it felt similar to the Cuetec Cynergy with a little longer taper. I will be buying a Jacoby as soon as I can find one to get some more time with it. All 3 seem to be great quality. But I believe I prefer the Cynergy & Jacoby at this point. My Revo has a kamui soft tip & my radial & uniloc Cynergy have G2 soft tips on both. Although the original sniper tip wasn't terrible. Hope this helps some..

norest

Registered
My Jacoby Black shaft finally arrived today after significant weather / shipping delays. I was able to spend 2-3 hours running 9-ball racks. I also have Revo 12.4 and 12.9 shafts. The Jacoby doesn't play significantly different than the Revo 12.4. I do prefer the long pro taper used by Jacoby. The Jacoby also seems to hold more tension on the Radial joint pin, which I like. Overall it feels great and my 12.9 Revo will go on sale immediately. Last I looked, there were more available at Billiard Warehouse.

juvecoop

Registered
My Jacoby Black shaft finally arrived today after significant weather / shipping delays. I was able to spend 2-3 hours running 9-ball racks. I also have Revo 12.4 and 12.9 shafts. The Jacoby doesn't play significantly different than the Revo 12.4. I do prefer the long pro taper used by Jacoby. The Jacoby also seems to hold more tension on the Radial joint pin, which I like. Overall it feels great and my 12.9 Revo will go on sale immediately. Last I looked, there were more available at Billiard Warehouse.
Any updates response with the Jacoby? I just sold my Revo and i'm debating between the 15k or the Black. Dp you still like it better then the Revo? I was able to shoot about 10 balls with the Jacoby last weekend as I was just starting a match and loved the taper of it as I was playing with a pro taper before I got the Revo. Deflection wise, do you find it close to the Revo?

Edrick

Registered
Received mine today. Very disappointed in the quality control. I may just have a lemon, but I would expect more from a $480 shaft. I have decided to order the Mezz Ignite instead.

Here you can see a visible seam that runs the length of the shaft. I do not see this on my Revo.
Jacoby2.JPG

Here you can see the finish is missing and you can see the underlying CF layer honeycomb pattern.
Jacoby1.JPG

Last edited:

travislj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This it not the first time I seen this, someone on Facebook experienced the same thing. I just received mine about a week ago. Uniloc version. It did not have any noticeable defects. But the joint collar was bigger than the standard .840 that Unilocs normally come. Mine had a very noticeable ting sound also. After playing with it for a few hours I decided to sell it and keep the Cynergy & Revo for now. I'm sure Jacoby will send you another shaft if you contact them.

juvecoop

Registered
Received mine today. Very disappointed in the quality control. I may just have a lemon, but I would expect more from a $480 shaft. I have decided to order the Mezz Ignite instead.

Here you can see a visible seam that runs the length of the shaft. I do not see this on my Revo.
Jacoby2.JPG

Here you can see the finish is missing and you can see the underlying CF layer honeycomb pattern.
Jacoby1.JPG
That’s horrible to hear. I’ve never owned a Nacoby but I was always under the impression they were great quality. Does your make the Revo sound as well? And is it flush with your butt end or is it larger as Travis stated as well?

Edrick

Registered
That’s horrible to hear. I’ve never owned a Nacoby but I was always under the impression they were great quality. Does your make the Revo sound as well? And is it flush with your butt end or is it larger as Travis stated as well?

It sits flush with the butt because I paired it with a Jacoby butt. As for the sound, I have not even hit a ball with it yet, and don't plan to. Returning it tomorrow.

Physiqz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I never liked the revo, played with the cuetech about 2 weeks and it just felt weird, probably should change the tip on it. Sold revo that came with the cue I won, and bought a Jacoby black with the money. Instantly fell in love with the shaft from the first hit. The feel. Feedback, tendencies, everything about it just felt right.

juvecoop

Registered
I never liked the revo, played with the cuetech about 2 weeks and it just felt weird, probably should change the tip on it. Sold revo that came with the cue I won, and bought a Jacoby black with the money. Instantly fell in love with the shaft from the first hit. The feel. Feedback, tendencies, everything about it just felt right.
Did you buy a uniloc or radial?

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've just seen on FB some discussions about X-ray pictures of Revo, Cynergy and Jacoby Black. From what I see and having my opinion about the construction...well to be short me personally liking first two more. At least it is interesting to look at such pictures to make some conclusions.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1553467162212.jpg
    FB_IMG_1553467162212.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 4,429
Last edited:

juvecoop

Registered
What joint is the Jacoby you have?