CheckBilliard App

Jimmymack

Registered
I've recently downloaded the free CheckBilliard app and have been working on the free tests and exercises available. I really like the idea of this app. It gives you tests to complete and based on the results of those tests then develops a customized training plan for you. But of course the personalized customization is only included if you pay for the subscription. I'm thinking of taking the plunge on the subscription since I'm enjoying the free tests and exercises that come with registration. Has anyone else here bought the subscription and do you think the app works as well as advertised evaluating your skill level and targeting your weaknesses to improve?

Jimmymack

Registered
I know this is a couple months old, but do you have any followup feedback on this app?

No, Nobody replied and I can't find any reviews online on whether or not this is any good. So I never ended up paying for the subscription. The free tests and exercises are pretty good. But spending $85 for the full subscription is a little much to spend when it seems like no one else has used this and there are so many other free resources for drills and instruction. It also looks like the app hasn't been updated in quite some time as well.

surffisher2a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, Nobody replied and I can't find any reviews online on whether or not this is any good. So I never ended up paying for the subscription. The free tests and exercises are pretty good. But spending $85 for the full subscription is a little much to spend when it seems like no one else has used this and there are so many other free resources for drills and instruction. It also looks like the app hasn't been updated in quite some time as well.

Thanks, the concept sounds great, but $85 bucks for what is probably snake oil isn't a good idea.

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
This is for the “Seven Step” Shot Routine.

Videos need more overhead shots.
Graphics showing ball travel work be useful.
Banner description of what is happening.
More camera angles.
Most images are too far away and too low to see.
A script and a lot of editing needs to done.

Slow and Long!

Great idea but not one of the better instruction videos.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If you are not into the subscription then you could hunt down the PAT material (books and DVDs) which this app is based on.
This app is the baby of Ralph Eckert, who is one of the top instructors in Germany. The PAT material is now out of print and Ralph is full time promoting this app as the main source of training/drill based improvement to your game.

I have all of the DVDs and books and I made it deep into level 2 but life gets in the way and I couldn’t commit more time to training which is required to go deep.
The DVDs have a very young Thorsten Hohmann demonstrating each drill and skill test. You can see in the player he is today, 20 years later, that the system works but you must dedicate your time to it.

I have the app on my phone and look forward to getting the full subscription, but again, time is what you need to make it worth it. I have no doubt that if you can invest the fee, and 2-3 hours a day for a year, you will be a far better player than you are now.

Personally, with 3 kids and working a lot of OT as part of my work week, I can’t yet commit the steady work, but I have the app and maybe a New Years resolution will see me fire it up. Having it all laid out in a road map on my phone is better than books open to pages and DVDs paused on chapters.

I also talked to Ralph before an expo a couple of years back and he said the app is far superior to the PAT material because it customizes the drills to your skill level, so you won’t be stuck on one drill for months, trying to master it. You get enough to push you and improve you to the next