New TV Show for Pool?

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
Linda, I watched as far as your turn to teach. I have it up on the screen and will finish tonight when I get my chores done for the day.

Any hints for what might be planned for future episodes.

Advanced lessons, guest visits from players, that sort of thing?

Well, Larry's vision was to cover all the leagues first then get into specific games. While in Vegas, I taped about 15 pros and good players with comments and tips for beginning players, so there will be guest spots. Johnny Archer has endorsed the project and I'm sure we will get more. I have messaged quite a few pros on Facebook to try and get the word out to their fan bases.

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
Thank you to all for your encouragement and thoughts. Please re-post on your Facebook walls if you can.

Dopc

www.PoolActionTV.com
Silver Member
Job well done. :thumbup:

Very informative for the beginner. Kept excellent pace through the episode. A couple minor audio glitches, certainly not anything that can't be overlooked with the excellent content you've provided. Best of all, you project a positive view of the sport & league atmosphere.

I think you have something here for sure. TV would be nice, but I think there are better outlets for niche categories such as pool, the Internet being front and center.

Just one concern I do have is as follows. In this one pilot episode there was a lot of topics covered. Can you support an entire series with this same pace and not run out of content or topics ( I think you can, its just a hypothetical question to ask yourselves ).

If you could produce an entire series and keep the same pace as with this pilot (which I do believe can be done), I believe you have a successful project here. I know I'd be in for a few on the kickstarter should you choose that path.

Dopc.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it's tasteful and well done. It projects a much better image of pool, one that is quite different than the stereotypical men-only smoke-filled rooms frequented by scallywags and scoundrels.

Industry members whining and complaining about how pro pool players don't do squat for their business should try to help out this effort, but they're too busy greasing the palm of other industry members, instead of giving back to the sport. They have already sh*t-canned professional pool. Shame on them.

Men ruined pool from the get-go. Maybe it's time for women to take over.
They tried the sex sells rout with pool like they have in the LPGA There were many more woman's matches on ESPN than there were men but at the end if the day you can't change the fact that its pool.
The stigma of the smoky pool room is long gone there have been many nice sports bar pool rooms that have come and gone its not the stigma it's the game