Shane Van Boening's new cue

Jason Robichaud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ted Williams caught over 2,000 Atlantic salmon and I think it was with a fly rod, just how strong is that!

If Shane likes fishing he should contact me and fish Alaska! I have a home table and will play him even for...……..

Ted was a frequent visitor of the Miramichi River in New Brunswick, Canada that was famous for Atlantic Salmon fly fishing. Unfortunately in recent years bass have eliminated most of the salmon stocks and all but killing a once prosperous industry for communities along the mighty Miramichi River.

Palmetto cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Today, I had a chance to hit some balls with SVB's Cuetec cue which is a carbon fiber composite cue/shaft. He was at the BCA Expo in New Orleans and offered to let me hit some balls with it. He said it was his regular playing cue.

He plays with the extension connected to the cue and it must weight close to 21 ounces.

After 2 shots, I was making or coming very close with my signature shot for testing the cue ball deflection. I really didn't hit many shots with the cue and haven't hit any balls for a few days but I had no trouble playing with it.

I asked the senior Cuetec representative if they would be making a 30" shaft and he quickly replied that they will be making whatever the market demands. So, I don't think they will be shy about making a 30" shaft.

Shane's cue is 12.5mm at the tip. It also has a weight bolt in it and the cue extension is quick and easy to add or remove.

I believe they said the cues might be ready by the end of the year or first of the year. I'm not positive on that.

Just thought you might be interested in knowing some of the details.

Oh yeah, Shane is ready to get his new Larson boat in the water. You can tell that he REALLY likes fishing because his eyes light up when he talks about fishing. :)

Good ambassador for the sport and a great asset for a sponsor. He was keeping busy talking with all of the event goers but seemed to be a professional at handling customers and prospective customers for Cuetec.

If I go back before the end of the week, I might try to hit some more with his cue because I am as always intrigued by good equipment.

ON a side note, Bob Jewett was in town, looking for a Carom room. I told him I didn't remember the name of the one I went to recently but told him the location and in a few minutes, he conjured up the name and told me. Lol

JoeyA

Joey,
What is your signature test shot for testing LD shafts?

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My son and I were there for the BEF nationals.... we did hop on over for food and browsed around the BCA convention area. We had already gotten a chance to say hello to Shane, we have seen and chatted with him at multiple events.

Shane showed up a couple weeks before at the VNEA junior nationals as well out of the blue. The place went crazy when they realized he was there.

We also had a chance to meet Jeff from Imperial and finally got a chance to thank him for sending Jin (my son) an autographed poster from SVB for his birthday.

Good time.... although the BCA convention just didn't seem to get much traffic being closed to the public.