Coming back- Longest cue on a budget?

mr5994

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was in your position 7-8 years ago. I hated the thought of using an extension ...... so I went with a JDcues (Joel Dadivas) custom butt (34 inches) for $250 and paired it with a 30" OB2 shaft. Joel builds a very nice cue for the money....you can contact him on Facebook.

glfgd82

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you everyone for the suggestions, going to come down to easiest one to get my hands on right now, thinking 31" butt and shaft might be my route.

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
Pechauer

FB_IMG_1553273051305.jpg

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play with a Webb Custom. This year I had him make me a 6" extension (turning 58" to 64"). Haven't looked back...

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
This guy makes long cues. Nice stuff at insanely good prices. https://www.cuesdirectly.com/

And I'll personally vouch for him. He just made a Titlist conversion Rambow replica for me and though I have 5 other cues ( all of which I like and several of which I like A LOT ), his cue is pretty much all I play with now. The guy makes phenomenal cues at RIDICULOUSLY inexpensive prices. Plus, guaranteed for life, no questions asked for original owner, ANY repair done no charge, no questions asked ( of course, within logical parameters ) and a 100% money-back guarantee with no questions asked if you don't like it once you get it. Dave Brainard cues are just tough to beat.

aaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.jpg

glfgd82

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And I'll personally vouch for him. He just made a Titlist conversion Rambow replica for me and though I have 5 other cues ( all of which I like and several of which I like A LOT ), his cue is pretty much all I play with now. The guy makes phenomenal cues at RIDICULOUSLY inexpensive prices. Plus, guaranteed for life, no questions asked for original owner, ANY repair done no charge, no questions asked ( of course, within logical parameters ) and a 100% money-back guarantee with no questions asked if you don't like it once you get it. Dave Brainard cues are just tough to beat.

View attachment 520766

View attachment 520767

he only lists up to 60" max length :(

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wondering what everyone's opinion is on going cuetec with their 6" extension?

I've been shooting with a R360 and the 6 inch extension for two years now and like it overall.

The only problems are that there isn't enough space for some shots in my garage and at some of the bars I play in league. Otherwise, I've been happy with it. Especially helpful on the 9 footers. I got use to the weight playing on the 9 footers and decided to keep using it on bar tables even though the length is rarely needed.

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes I know "you get what you pay for" and I know this is AZbilliards where everyone must ask about a $1000 cue or otherwise nobody knows how to give advise.

Ok, so I've not played pool consistently for several years (9 to be exact), my old playing cues and case got lost in a move years ago so I've lost my custom made cue that a member here made for me :(

I'm 6'6" and when I was playing I had a cue made which was 63" total length, I'm looking to get something that will be longer than a stock cue for the best price. I'm not in a position to buy now as I had life saving heart surgery back in October and medical bills come first as well as other life expenses as I've been off work since then recovering. But I'm looking for ideas from members on what would be a good choice for me to buy when the time come right.

Till I'm able to purchase I will use house cues, I just want to get back to playing as it will help with my recovery as I had some motor function issues post surgery. I was thinking 31" butt and 31" shaft, but I'm not sure who offers what, I'm literally posting this without researching much on my own.

Thank you all, have a blessed day

James

Hey James

Good post. Unfortunately cue makers today do not build cues that are proportionally built to suit the player's height. Cues today are built around folks of average height,

In my case I'm 6'-2" tall and have a wing span of 6'-2".

To solve this issue I use a Balance-Rite mid-cue extension and a home made slip-on butt extension. The extension is 7" long and built with a light weight material with a 3oz weight at the very end of the extension. The factory weight in the butt was removed thus allowing for the weight of the butt to be behind my grip hand and not in my grip hand. The balance point of the cue is at 22" as measured from the rear of the extension.

The cue has an over all length of 68" and weighs 23oz. The nice thing about having a slip-on extension is it can be easily removed when tight conditions are encountered.

If you would like more information on my butt extensions please send a PM.

Have a good one. :)

John

Last edited:

4scarecrow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’d go with Pat Diveney. I’m 6’3” and just bought a 60” sneaky Pete from him. Cue plays great and only set me back $500. I’m sure he could do a 62” for a similar price.

glfgd82

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems I'm nearly 100% sold on a Cuetec R360 with a butt extension from Cuetec.

With the extension weighing 4ish ouces, would going 18oz be more advised?

Catalin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems I'm nearly 100% sold on a Cuetec R360 with a butt extension from Cuetec.

With the extension weighing 4ish ouces, would going 18oz be more advised?
AFAIK R360 cues use Cuetec's own joint and that would be a downside. Other than that I heard good things about them. Most production cues tend to be on the light side, 16-17 oz and the desired weight is achieved with weight bolts. So it doesn't really matter what weight you get, you can always adjust it.

Julian

glfgd82

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AFAIK R360 cues use Cuetec's own joint and that would be a downside. Other than that I heard good things about them. Most production cues tend to be on the light side, 16-17 oz and the desired weight is achieved with weight bolts. So it doesn't really matter what weight you get, you can always adjust it.

Julian

Yeah I thought about the joint thing but the 360 being a LD type shaft it seems like a great deal to get into some new tech for cheap. I live about 35 mins from Seyberts so I think a drive down there to check out the 360's and figure out the weight I want is in order once I get the cash around. Who knows, they may have a different setup I like more but I think for now the 360 just seems like what I'm needing.

Catalin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Predator are the most ubiquitous LD shafts and an entry level cue is probably in the same price range. Extensions of all sizes and lots of other accessories readily available. If you want to go LD, nobody really uses Cuetec. Their latest CF shafts seem to be a different story, but they are expensive.

Julian

glfgd82

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Predator are the most ubiquitous LD shafts and an entry level cue is probably in the same price range. Extensions of all sizes and lots of other accessories readily available. If you want to go LD, nobody really uses Cuetec. Their latest CF shafts seem to be a different story, but they are expensive.

Julian

Predator would be over $500 for me to get into, Cuetec would be around $300.

The other option I'm seeing would be Pure x but the extension that works for them is 11 inches long!... :(

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
Predator would be over $500 for me to get into, Cuetec would be around $300.

The other option I'm seeing would be Pure x but the extension that works for them is 11 inches long!... :(

Do yourself a favor and at least TALK to Dave Brainard. I promise you he can ( and will ) make you as long a cue as you need for an EXTREMELY fair price. It won't cost you a dime to call him. Take my word for it, you'll be glad you did. And if you go another way? No harm, no foul...

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Do yourself a favor and at least TALK to Dave Brainard. I promise you he can ( and will ) make you as long a cue as you need for an EXTREMELY fair price. It won't cost you a dime to call him. Take my word for it, you'll be glad you did. And if you go another way? No harm, no foul...

Good advice, after reading a review by Michael I called Dave and couldn’t have been happier.
Great cue at a great price, and as a bonus Dave couldn’t be easier to deal with! The cue came in exactly as I requested, the specs were spot on.