WOW Factor! Wrapless PH & Ivory Ginacue Rasputin Tribute Cue!!

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have no horse in this race, but I'll be so bold as to share my observation.

Apparently this cuemaker hasn't been granted the "right" (by the AZB jury) to produce "tribute" cues. I've noticed a lot of cuemakers are so ordained, but not all.

Mr. O makes 'em like Mr. F and posters applaud. Mr. S makes 'em like another Mr. S and posters drool. Mr. V makes 'em like Mr. G and posters boo.

It's a strange, thin line that cuemakers walk upon.

Atlatlien

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I'm not sure it's a line at all. More like one of these

Attachments

• 200px-Impossible_cube_illusion_angle.svg.png
    200px-Impossible_cube_illusion_angle.svg.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 520

rigmaster

my puppy is on the left!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Yep,Kevin went and messed it up for everyone! I was thinking of sending it to Ernie and get a nonshrinking finish on it! With Ernies finish it would be... Well almost a Gina. Ron

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Yep,Kevin went and messed it up for everyone! I was thinking of sending it to Ernie and get a nonshrinking finish on it! With Ernies finish it would be... Well almost a Gina. Ron

whatcha gonna do with the toothpicks you get back:grin-square:

we wouldn't be wading in this crapp if only the OP could post in "sale/trade" threads in a min of 72 hr intervals

other forums are at our disposal for sharing opinions and i'm sure we can include links

carry on

R,
statements aren't directed at you, just a convenient place to drop em off

Last edited:

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Now look what you did. :wink:

I'm bad and now the OP is punishing us my taking away our opportunity to buy his cheap copy of a Gina complete with ring pop and epoxy filled inlays.

Sorry guys, I didn't know he'd take his ball and go home.

Good news is I'm sure you can all PM him and buy that complete POS for 3K.

Kevin

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0

Yup, you give that cue to Ernie plus 10K and he could rework it (starting with the band saw) and make you your Rasputin.

Kevin

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
The finish didnt settle unlike Ernie the wood is not aged it shrunk.GO to tars sight watch Ernies interview and see why his shafts take 9 yes 9 years for an hours work

Erie is still sitting on lumber he's had since he retired in the 70's.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Yup, you give that cue to Ernie plus 10K and he could rework it (starting with the band saw) and make you your Rasputin.

Kevin

The never ending peanut gallery that doesn't have clue... the build quality of this cue and any of Jackson Tans cues are second to none, the attention to detail impeccable!
the ring work can barely be felt... I just stated it to be sure any potential buyer was fully aware of everything about the cue!
If you actually knew anything about pool cues you'd be aware of the build quality of Viattorre cues:thumbup:

AnthonyLewis208

I need to speak with the architect of this S-show!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Mods????? Wtf?

MY 2cents...

Regardless of the quality of this cue or the price that is being asked for it, how is it okay for some of the AZ elite to bash a person's f/s thread when it clearly states in the 'rules' that negative comments have no place in someone elses thread???

This is the kind of stuff that makes a lot of us smaller fish on AZ sick....the big dogs are above the law and can do and say whatever they want.

Tribute, knockoff, whatever!!! If you don't want to buy the guy's cue or don't have anything positive to say then stay the hell out of the thread. Right??

I know this won't make me any friends among the A-holes but oh well....

The more time I spend on the forum the more it becomes obvious that there are obvious double standards. Where the hell are the mods in this???? Every post to this thread that bashed the sell should have been deleted according to the rules of the forum. Who is protecting this guys right to sell his damn cue without having to defend himself against a few that feel in nesseccary to piss in his cornflakes???

What a bunch of shit IMO....:barf::kma:

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.9%
688   1   0
MY 2cents...

Regardless of the quality of this cue or the price that is being asked for it, how is it okay for some of the AZ elite to bash a person's f/s thread when it clearly states in the 'rules' that negative comments have no place in someone elses thread???

This is the kind of stuff that makes a lot of us smaller fish on AZ sick....the big dogs are above the law and can do and say whatever they want.

Tribute, knockoff, whatever!!! If you don't want to buy the guy's cue or don't have anything positive to say then stay the hell out of the thread. Right??

The more time I spend on the forum the more it becomes obvious that there are obvious double standards. Where the hell are the mods in this???? Every post to this thread that bashed the sell should have been deleted according to the rules of the forum. Who is protecting this guys right to sell his damn cue without having to defend himself against a few that feel in nesseccary to piss in his cornflakes???

Well Said !!!!!!!!!!!

tipman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
MY 2cents...

I take my hat off to you Mr. Lewis! Rep to you! I hope at least some of the folks you refer to, read and heed.

SOULHASSORROW

MoreTROLLSonAZthanWarcrft
Silver Member
Rating - 99.1%
110   1   0
More trolls in here than warcraft mikey lol, I sincerely apologize to Pockets for this because this is NOT what AZ is suppose to be about.

thefonz

It's not me...it's my ADD
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
More trolls in here than warcraft mikey lol, I sincerely apologize to Pockets for this because this is NOT what AZ is suppose to be about.

i couldn't agree more, it's not like Gerry made the damn thing, or had it made like that. he's just trying to sell a cue.

the cue wasn't misrepresented in any way, it's not like he's trying to pass it off as a real gina.

IMHO in regard to knockoffs, tributes, etc. it's really a non issue. those who want and can afford a specific makers cue, will buy that cue. if there are copies of the same looking cue available for cheaper, it wouldn't change things one bit. when you're looking at Szamboti's, Hercek's, Gina's etc. your buying into the Brand - it's legacy, craftsmanship, etc. like buying a Ferrari.

i don't think Ferrari cares either that there's kit cars available out there. because they know that under the skin, it's a PONTIAC FIERO.:grin-square:

Good luck with moving your cue Gerry, i'm sure you'll find a home for it, i'll bet there are plenty of Canucks who would like a nice looking cue like that but can't buy one being worried about all the CITES regulations.

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
MY 2cents...

I Concur; rep to you and everyone who agrees.
What a dick thing to do to a guys thread.
Take your design theft threads to "elsewhere", or take it to the Main forum.

Josh

eezbank

Silver Surfer
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I'm bad and now the OP is punishing us my taking away our opportunity to buy his cheap copy of a Gina complete with ring pop and epoxy filled inlays.

Sorry guys, I didn't know he'd take his ball and go home.

Good news is I'm sure you can all PM him and buy that complete POS for 3K.

Kevin

This is an update to the regular forum rules.

If you are going to participate in the " Wanted / for Sale " area of AZB, your items for sale or trade MUST be pool related or strictly offered for trade for a pool related item.
Any Posts without an Item For Sale, Trade or Wanted to buy will be deleted.
"Price check" threads are not allowed.

There will be NO cash offers etc. for NON pool related items.

If you are going to post in another's sale or trade thread, if you are knocking their thread, you will received warnings and bans as with regular rule violations.

You have NO right to criticize or complain regarding pictures, prices etc.
Everyone is expected to participate in a civil manner and if there are violations,
you may report them anonymously via the "report post " button in the upper right hand corner of each post.

Either buy from an individual or don't but knocking them is not an option.

It is also strongly suggested that you use an escrow service when making any purchase.

As always, feel free to ask questions if you don't understand something.

You can reach myself or Mike Howerton ( azhousepro ) if you need help.

Reported....