What happens when someone PM's me about his cue...

dom_poppa

Banned
About their cue that he wants to sell to me and describes it as slightly warp, slight wobble in the butt....but later post it on the For Sale section as mint and perfectly straight?

Do I report them?

Multiple occasions this has happened...

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
you seem to have some peculiar interactions regarding cue sales.

why not pm the person whom you feel is being deceptive and ask why they are omitting such important info?

best,
brian kc

Pangit

Banned
As an aside, that could be a great stand-up routine.

"Someone PM's me about his cue". I'm thinking you have a new cyberspace GF.

TheThaiger

Banned
you seem to have some peculiar interactions regarding cue sales.

why not pm the person whom you feel is being deceptive and ask why they are omitting such important info?

best,
brian kc

It's a fair question. I feel people on here pander too much to the needs of the seller, and ignore the dangers to the buyer.

BWTadpole

The Nitcracker
Silver Member
My knee-jerk reaction would be to post in the for sale thread. I wouldn't damn the man, but I would let the people reading know that you were informed that it was warped not too long ago, and then give the OP a chance to prove that either it isn't because of some repair or natural movement of the wood.

Point being, if the goods check out at the end, no harm done and you don't have such an accusatory tone. If they don't check out or he dodges the question/gets aggressive, let the red bombs drop!

jrt30004

just jokin' around
Silver Member
out him. that simple. out him right in the thread. the last thing we need is more people getting screwed on here and more dishonest sellers. the bullshit has to stop somewhere. if they didn't want anyone to know they were trying to screw a buyer over they shouldn't have told you.
if i bought a warped cue and then found out you knew it was warped and didn't say anything i'd be as mad at you as the seller.

purpdrag

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My knee-jerk reaction would be to post in the for sale thread. I wouldn't damn the man, but I would let the people reading know that you were informed that it was warped not too long ago, and then give the OP a chance to prove that either it isn't because of some repair or natural movement of the wood.

Point being, if the goods check out at the end, no harm done and you don't have such an accusatory tone. If they don't check out or he dodges the question/gets aggressive, let the red bombs drop!

Good answer. +1

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
I would typically hang on to any PM's of this nature...as if they are contacting you about selling the cue, then it will quite likely show up for sale publicly shortly thereafter. If/when said cue is posted publicly for sale, with conflicting condition info, I would then respond via PM, to the PM with the quoted info and inform the seller that they need to come clean or the info will be revealed publicly, in their FS thread. It is one of the very rare occasions when posting the contents of a PM message is appropriate, IMHO.

Last edited:

TheNewSharkster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would love to post in the thread they created but the forum rules don't allow that and you could get banned:

6) If you are going to post in another's sale or trade thread, if you are knocking their thread, you will receive warnings and bans as with regular rule violations.

7) You have no right to criticize or complain regarding pictures, prices etc.

9) Either buy from an individual or don't but knocking them is not an option.

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
I would love to post in the thread they created but the forum rules don't allow that and you could get banned:

6) If you are going to post in another's sale or trade thread, if you are knocking their thread, you will receive warnings and bans as with regular rule violations.

7) You have no right to criticize or complain regarding pictures, prices etc.

9) Either buy from an individual or don't but knocking them is not an option.

As in the past....there is a bit of leeway with regards to overt misrepresentation. The forum admin don't wish anyone to be a victim of such selling practices anymore than the membership does. It's not good for the forum.

For instance...there is an individual named Jeff Forney who has been ripping people off here with lord knows how many different monikers now. If there is an item for sale, and someone has firsthand knowledge that this individual is in fact Jeff Forney, I highly doubt they are going to be banned for including that information in his FS thread.

No...it is not cool to publicly discuss pricing in an active FS thread. Likewise with condition....unless you have firsthand, concrete knowledge of an overt misrepresentation. One must be careful and cover their butts with such a declaration, however. If enough time has passed that perhaps appropriate work has been done to correct the issue...you will hang yourself out to dry. That is why you do all your research via PM before publicly calling someone out. It's all about common sense.

Last edited:

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
About their cue that he wants to sell to me and describes it as slightly warp, slight wobble in the butt....but later post it on the For Sale section as mint and perfectly straight?

Do I report them?

Multiple occasions this has happened...

If you don't you as guilty as the individual selling the cue in all respects.