Vincent Lauria is a cheat and a liar!!!

MN_Josh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't believe nobody has seen this before. (Or they just choose to not say anything :angry:) A few years ago at the US Open he purposefully dogged this shot, you can see it in his face. I also heard there was footage of him admitting it later. Well you can see for yourself here.

Honestly I can't blame Vegas for not wanting to back pool. This is just typical pool player behavior. I seen him jumping around too after he won a match another time. It's just duplicitous to throw games and care if you win or lose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9rGDYjVr0c&feature=player_detailpage#t=151s

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
I can't believe nobody has seen this before. (Or they just choose to not say anything :angry:) A few years ago at the US Open he purposefully dogged this shot, you can see it in his face. I also heard there was footage of him admitting it later. Well you can see for yourself here.

Honestly I can't blame Vegas for not wanting to back pool. This is just typical pool player behavior. I seen him jumping around too after he won a match another time. It's just duplicitous to throw games and care if you win or lose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9rGDYjVr0c&feature=player_detailpage#t=151s

I think that was the last time Atlantic City hosted this Championship event. Of course Vegas wouldn't want to back someone like Mr. Lauria after sandbagging like that. I heard his pool career went to hell after this. Maybe he did something eise with his life, like acting or something. Also heard he joined some strange religious cult...not surprising since pool is like a cult as well.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
I heard that guy had a big attitude. Check out YouTube, there is a video of him doing a flamboyant 9-
ball run-out. Who does he think he is, Tom Cruise?

nikotesla

ninja in training
Silver Member
not-funny-enough-jerry-maguire-tom-cruise-moderators-demotivational-poster-1271220125.jpg

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Years ago Fast Eddy offered to sell me a Balabushka. I was all excited, ready to send it to Pete Tascarella so he could authenticate and give me a letter. Turns out it wasn't a Balabushka, but a Joss modified to look like one. Be wary dealing with Eddie Felson. Last week he offered me another Balabushka, I haven't seen it but he swears it has George's signature on it.

JoseV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well i had a talk with Vincent in the mens room right before this match with Eddie and told him that the rail on that side of the table was a little dead.

Do you think he listened to me and tried to put something extra to comp for the dead rail ? Or was he thinking to himself asking WTF i was talking about ???

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Well i had a talk with Vincent in the mens room right before this match with Eddie and told him that the rail on that side of the table was a little dead.

Do you think he listened to me and tried to put something extra to comp for the dead rail ? Or was he thinking to himself asking WTF i was talking about ???

You gave him some erroneous information....
..if the rail was a 'little dead' it would've banked LONG....
..the railed banked SHORT, which is the sign of a 'live' rail.

So YOU'RE the reason Vincent messed up his whole life...:angry:

..well, THAT and L Ron Hubbard..:rolleyes:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Vincent Lauria never played in the US Open, not in reality or in film.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Ooops...feel like a complete retard now...My apologies...any way I can delete this topic?

Please, do not apologize for this thread....I laughed my head off.
:rotflmao1::lol::rotflmao::killingme:

MN_Josh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please, do not apologize for this thread....I laughed my head off.
:rotflmao1::lol::rotflmao::killingme:

This is actually a direct quote from the ill-advised person who was bashing Darren Appleton. I was just doing a parody of him.

Last edited:

kaver22

Registered
I heard that guy had a big attitude. Check out YouTube, there is a video of him doing a flamboyant 9-
ball run-out. Who does he think he is, Tom Cruise?

This was so much funnier after I bothered to go watch the you-tube clip. I didn't remember who Vincent Lauria was at first. :eek: And I just watched this movie last week!

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Why did he play shape for the bank?! Even if he had made the 7, he had awful shape on the 8! What a bum!

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
There is no Vincent Lauria character in the book The Color of Money. I wonder if the name was inspired by V Loria and Sons, billiard retailer located in downtown Manhattan? Martin Scorsese, a native New Yorker may have been familiar with the store.

Vincent Lauria never played in the US Open, not in reality or in film.