digicue told you whats wrong...what did you do specifically to fix it ?

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm admittedly late to the party but why does this feel an awful lot like this?

Attachments

• TinCupShanks.jpg
    TinCupShanks.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 111

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm admittedly late to the party but why does this feel an awful lot like this?

Great picture! I have owned most of those. The "right link" on your right arm teaching the golfer to straighten his right arm as soon as possible. Great device. I've owned the "swingvest". Bought it around 1980 or so. Great devices. Thanks.

Last edited:

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are 100% satisfied with your stroke, you don't need to pay for training aids, instruction, books, videos, etc. Just be happy. Some of us are not.

You say be happy but then you turn around and criticize people for not spending money or you say they are afraid of the truth about their stroke. And wonder why you get pushback.

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, there is a lot to read here. I'll try to answer your questions the best I can if you PM me.

In general, pool is a sport. You absolutely do not need anything except your own physiology to succeed. In a few ways lou is right in that the end product needs to be something organic, thoughtless, and as binary as "in the hole / not in the hole". You can brute force your way to becoming a great player. But for people who enjoy being students of the game, the DigiCue gives you an additional tool to help you along your way. It's purpose is to either help get people out of their wheel-spinning if they have an issue in their fundamentals that is getting them stuck, or as help in figuring out why they aren't as consistent as they'd like to be.

This game is hard, and I think people who went through the pain and suffering of growing into a great player via the method of elimination don't want others to have an easier time in their efforts. I forget who once said this about pool, but their comment was along the lines of a "sport which eats its young". :)

Keep improving any way you know how. I know I do

Nate

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Given sufficient information I believe people can make informed decisions about products or services, and whether they’re any good, without having actually tried them.

We all do it all the time through the opinions of friends, neighbors, co-workers, google, TripAdvisor, and other sources of reviews. And that’s why it’s important to have open discussions *here* on all things pool and not limit them to those that will only sing kumbaya in three part harmony.

We all do it, just as you have chosen to use Microsoft instead of Apple.

Lou Figueroa

Good point Lou. However, there have been many times I formed bad opinions of something based on feedback/reviews from friends or others, and then later on changed my opinion based on personal experience and acquired knowledge.

The key here, for informed decision, is aquiring "sufficient information ". I understand that's what you're trying to do by asking for proof. I'm sure not going to fry you for promoting open discussion on any topic here. I think everything should be examined with a cynical eye. My experience with this digicue, which I used every day for about a month this time last year, has provided me with proof (firsthand "sufficient information") of its benefits. I play more consistently now than I did a year ago, and I didn't play bad then. I didn't increase the amount of time I play either. In fact, I play less frequently nowadays, but my stroke and my PSR are very much in tune. People think I play everyday.:wink:

Last edited:

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don’t need to know.

I have a very simple way of determining the quality of my stroke: does the ball go into the pocket and does the CB go where I want it to.

Lou Figueroa

I'm actually in agreement with you and this is just playing some devils advocate with this question:

What would you do if the ball didn't go in the pocket, or the CB didn't go where you wanted it?

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
You say be happy but then you turn around and criticize people for not spending money or you say they are afraid of the truth about their stroke. And wonder why you get pushback.

No, you are wrong. I never posted to these guys unless they posted negative. I really do think a lot of people that would NOT want to try these devices are either happy with their stroke (great for them) and probably would not read about such a device, can not afford the device or do NOT want any criticism. I think the device is a good value and wanted to express my opinion.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, there is a lot to read here. I'll try to answer your questions the best I can if you PM me.

In general, pool is a sport. You absolutely do not need anything except your own physiology to succeed. In a few ways lou is right in that the end product needs to be something organic, thoughtless, and as binary as "in the hole / not in the hole". You can brute force your way to becoming a great player. But for people who enjoy being students of the game, the DigiCue gives you an additional tool to help you along your way. It's purpose is to either help get people out of their wheel-spinning if they have an issue in their fundamentals that is getting them stuck, or as help in figuring out why they aren't as consistent as they'd like to be.

This game is hard, and I think people who went through the pain and suffering of growing into a great player via the method of elimination don't want others to have an easier time in their efforts. I forget who once said this about pool, but their comment was along the lines of a "sport which eats its young". :)

Nate

Sir, some people here, in my opinion are hurting the sales of your product.

Myself, I am more out to "try" something if it's not "pushed" on me..... especially when I'm not even sure it can help me in the first place even though, I'm the type if player that buys pretty much ALL the latest toys.

Again, unless I feel pushed. Then, lol.... I wouldn't buy it just out of spite.

I'm pretty sure more are like that as well.

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, you are wrong. I never posted to these guys unless they posted negative. I really do think a lot of people that would NOT want to try these devices are either happy with their stroke (great for them) and probably would not read about such a device, can not afford the device or do NOT want any criticism. I think the device is a good value and wanted to express my opinion.

Oh, my mistake, I thought YOU were the guy who started the thread titled:

Digicue Blue. Guys are Afraid to Know?

Oh wait, you were.

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Nate

Well, I just ordered one and I have a question I haven't seen raised, and while it is OT from the OP's original question I think it would be useful to anyone contemplating a purchase. It doesn't look like it is rechargeable, so a) how is battery life, and b) how easy is it to find replacement batteries?

Thanks

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
Oh, my mistake, I thought YOU were the guy who started the thread titled:

Digicue Blue. Guys are Afraid to Know?

Oh wait, you were.

It must have aggravated a few. Sorry about the post title. But, I think a guys are now informed about the neat device.

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I just ordered one and I have a question I haven't seen raised, and while it is OT from the OP's original question I think it would be useful to anyone contemplating a purchase. It doesn't look like it is rechargeable, so a) how is battery life, and b) how easy is it to find replacement batteries?

Thanks

Battery lasts 30k shots. CR2032 batteries are extremely common and are a couple of bucks.

croscoe

Retired
Silver Member

Thanks

Watch type battery CR 2032 If I remember correctly. I’d can’t honestly state life expectancies of battery sure you’ll get a reply. No screws to remove sets in easy. Tougher job is removing unit from the rubber housing that goes over the butt. I state tougher but once done a time or two nothing hard. There is an area noted in the instructions to push on. At first it may feel as if you are going to break it but fear not it comes out. Then a bit oh how do I align it up to get back in.
LOL YOU’ll get it.

Useless post as response came while typing. Ha ha going to leave as it is my experience.

Good luck

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Nate

But nothin’.

I totally enjoy being a student of the game. What horse hockey.

Lou Figueroa

JimJones1

Registered
This product is ridiculous if it's not giving you any proactive solutions to fixing anything
you probably could have taken a lesson from a pro player that would give you insight as to if you were doing something, that you are unaware of and offer a solution. Or the old fashion approach is to actually put the work in at the table and practice the things that give you trouble until they are automatic.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It must have aggravated a few.

YOU THINK???

But, I think a guys are now informed about the neat device.

Most everyone was already "informed" about the digicue.

Most would agree that all you did was:

Piss some folks off.

&

Run a lot more customers off than you brought in.....FOR SURE!!!!