5/16 x 14 Tap Drill query

JC

Coos Cues
Thank you John and Mario.
Pushing the pin with the cross slide is kind of interesting but if you indicate the cue before you prep for the joint screw, it might still be more logical to put the cue between centers and indicate it afterwards. A few thousanths is a few thousanths.
On the bottom threads of the 5/16x14 screws with shanks, what is the o.d. of them. Are they like the example I provided or different. On my example of .274x14 and the use of 17/64" (.265) that only leaves 4.5 thou per side not counting if the bit has run out or not. Not much of an anchor.

I can see why the hole would be too big for that pin anchor in your photo. There are a lot of pins out there the anchor end doesn't look like one I've seen. If I was using that one the anchor hole would probably have to be smaller. Don't know what the minor down there is if the OD is .274 but with that one even a quarter inch hole looks like it would be loose.

I guess my main point was to make the anchor end on the loose side from whatever the pin measures compared to if you were fitting it to a removable part. Looking at your pin photo and your hole size choice I think we're all on the same page.

Thanks

JC

Last edited: