Steroids in pool.

ClownFish

Banned
Anyone have any experience with performance enhancing medicines?

Wondering if the answer to me turning pro, can be found in a syringe.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Maybe not a needle...but maybe pills, alcohol, smoke or blow. "The mixture" is well documented in pool.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member
i dunno, it looks like a lot of pro athletes in the big money major market sports are rewarded pretty nicely.

If you call shortening your life expectancy and a laundry list of health problems being rewarded than yes, it's great.

By all means shoot up, in fact why stop there? You should start trying all the illicit drugs to see what will work best for you.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member
This is what is wrong with pool in the USA................

That problem is EVERYWHERE, and not specific to the USA. So I don't think that it is what is wrong with pool here, but it is a contributing factor.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If your goal is to move the cueball far, sure, steroids would help. But that is about 5% of the game, so will be a bit useless. It could help you with how far the cueball rolls on the floor when you jump it off the table on the break though.

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
Oh sure, Clown, drugs will make you a great player. All you have to do is swallow hard, shoot up, inhale deep and the cash just rolls right in.
:rolleyes:

BarTableMan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool and Drugs

During a conversation I had with a well known professional player . . . he mentioned that if there were drug testing during most high end tournaments in the late 70s and early 80s . . . there would have been a 90% failure rate. This really surprised me. Or he was just upset after a loss. Who knows.

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
During a conversation I had with a well known professional player . . . he mentioned that if there were drug testing during most high end tournaments in the late 70s and early 80s . . . there would have been a 90% failure rate. This really surprised me. Or he was just upset after a loss. Who knows.

This may be true, but has nothing to do with pool, it has to do with the "times", and the lifestyle......

softshot

Simplify
Silver Member
bigger, stronger, faster.. is of absolutely NO use in pool

Adderall on the other hand will improve your concentration, but great concentration and a crappy stroke isn't going to win anything..

at the end of the day the only path to a quality stroke is putting your hand on the felt over and over and over

BWTadpole

The Nitcracker
Silver Member
Not a steroid, but I have at times experimented with the use of a "dietary supplement" called Lucidrol, whose ingredients include the following herbs/compounds:

Bacopa Monnieri 500 mg
DMAE 250 mg
Rhodiola Rosea 200 mg
BetaPEA 196 mg
Picamilon 100 mg
Hordenine 40 mg
Piperine 3 mg

I've noticed small but significant increases in focus while using the supplement, and I have at times incorporated its use into my recreational pool game and college study habits. This is by no means an endorsement, and I cannot claim that these are true effects as I alone am not a double-blind study with a large sample, but I know what I felt, and that's good enough for me.

ClownFish

Banned
Oh sure, Clown, drugs will make you a great player. All you have to do is swallow hard, shoot up, inhale deep and the cash just rolls right in.
:rolleyes:

i was specifically talking about steroids, HGH, or other performance enhancing drugs. recreational drugs where brought in by others comments.

I believe there is enough evidence to show that steroids increase an athletes abilities in pretty much any sport they are used in, maybe this can result in a harder break, eagle eye vision, the ability to play longer without getting tired, any competitive edge. what ever sport it is, it seems like those on steroids are superhuman, the best of the best. why not in pool?

i'm not saying hard work goes away. A-rod trains just as much as anyone. the juice was just the difference.

these drugs are used by all athletes at any level of sport, look at the olympics, there's doping stories from weightlifting, running, diving, curling.

Who knows maybe some of the pool pros are already doping. That strickland fellah seems to have had rage issues.

ClownFish

Banned
bigger, stronger, faster.. is of absolutely NO use in pool

Adderall on the other hand will improve your concentration, but great concentration and a crappy stroke isn't going to win anything..

at the end of the day the only path to a quality stroke is putting your hand on the felt over and over and over

so you must be from the camp that says, women pros are just as good as male pros???

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Steroids have no business in pool,only thing close with being on steroids and pool would be a sense of feeling good about your body,steroids can n will make you look better and feel better,but at a price,lots of money to stay on them and later health issues,if you were to abuse them,if you were to get the real deal,nothing in this world works better,then steroids to build muscels(testosterone ,anadrol,d-bol,trenbolone,equpoise,masterone and we could go on forever)if u were to do it,do yourself a favor,moderation!