Whats the largest pool hall in the world and how many tables?

VietSoClassic

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whats the largest pool room in the world if anyone knows and how many tables?

My and my uncle... well trying to convince my uncle to build me a pool hall with over 40 tables including
5 french pool,
5 bar pocket tables,
20-8.5ft pocket tables
30-9ft pocket tables
3-10x5 snooker tables.

This is a big building 2 floors meaning you walk up 5 steps to the second floor to get to the 9ft tables including 1 snooker and 1 french pool on the second floor for final round. Pool room time will be a decent price. "Play by hour not by per person." Hopefully being able to get sponsored and get pros in and get a tournament going.

We estimated it out to be close to $1.2 million located in Houston, TX. I was thinking $800K. My uncles telling me "elbow room" and drinks. "elbow room" space for each table. Also estimated for time period how long he will get his money back... 4.5 years.
He's a professional architecture. I was going to say make it look like a warehouse... he popped me in the back of my head and said no.

DougT

Illustrated Principles
I recall a post from Shooters, they had not heard of a room with more tables in the U.S, and were asking if anyone else had heard of one.

I'm surprised to learn they say 22,000 square feet. I would've guessed more, like 30+

BTW, their website says 65 tables.

BTW Mark, I'm still using that pressed elkmaster!

cueandcushion

Cue & Cushion_STL_MO
Silver Member
Lion's Den?

I remember a place in Las Vegas. I thought it was called Lion's Den or something like that. Supposed to have 120 tables. Maybe it was just a myth. :confused: But I also heard they went under. Anyone from Las Vegas come here? Tell us about it!

kydartmaster

Wannabe 1-pocket player
Silver Member
I have bad knees. How tall is each step? 5 steps up to the second floor sounds like they are high. Have the good tables that i want to play on down on the first floor please.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
VietSoClassic said:
Whats the largest pool room in the world if anyone knows and how many tables?

My and my uncle... well trying to convince my uncle to build me a pool hall with over 40 tables including
5 french pool,
5 bar pocket tables,
20-8.5ft pocket tables
30-9ft pocket tables
3-10x5 snooker tables.

This is a big building 2 floors meaning you walk up 5 steps to the second floor to get to the 9ft tables including 1 snooker and 1 french pool on the second floor for final round. Pool room time will be a decent price. "Play by hour not by per person." Hopefully being able to get sponsored and get pros in and get a tournament going.

We estimated it out to be close to $1.2 million located in Houston, TX. I was thinking $800K. My uncles telling me "elbow room" and drinks. "elbow room" space for each table. Also estimated for time period how long he will get his money back... 4.5 years.
He's a professional architecture. I was going to say make it look like a warehouse... he popped me in the back of my head and said no.

I smell something here.

VietSoClassic

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
French Pool is Carom Billiards - No pockets and all around rails with 3 balls

Hehe. If you have bad legs we will have ramps for handicapps as well too ya know.

It's just $1.2 million is alot. Hope could get it cheap. We still have not talked to the people with tables yet.

Shooters Billiard you say you have 64... ok I make 80 tables.

Sound good. LOL.

fish on

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
read his threads started for creditability!!!

VietSoClassic said:
French Pool is Carom Billiards - No pockets and all around rails with 3 balls

Hehe. If you have bad legs we will have ramps for handicapps as well too ya know.

It's just $1.2 million is alot. Hope could get it cheap. We still have not talked to the people with tables yet.

Shooters Billiard you say you have 64... ok I make 80 tables.

Sound good. LOL.
He started a thread looking to sell a low end cue with two signatures, claimed he needed the money, this was on 10/31/06.
price was reduced to 50 million oops $50.

VietSoClassic

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
fish on said:
He started a thread looking to sell a low end cue with two signatures, claimed he needed the money, this was on 10/31/06.
price was reduced to 50 million oops $50.

If you dont support than get the hell off my nutz. Yea im a student and don't have the kind of money to even open or buy a pool table. Thats WHY my Uncle comes to support my words. He is the one with the money.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
VietSoClassic said:
If you dont support than get the hell off my nutz. Yea im a student and don't have the kind of money to even open or buy a pool table. Thats WHY my Uncle comes to support my words. He is the one with the money.

Then stop smokin...and get back to studying! You'll never get any credibility for what someone else has or does if its not you doing it or having it yourself.

thebestpoolroom

thepoolroom
Silver Member
The Pool Room Sports Bar & Grille in Marietta, GA.

The Pool Room in Marietta, GA. is the largest in Georgia, possibly, the largest in the Southeast. We have a 20,000 square feet facility with 43 tables.

John Duong

ninjapirates

cueandcushion said:
I remember a place in Las Vegas. I thought it was called Lion's Den or something like that. Supposed to have 120 tables. Maybe it was just a myth. :confused: But I also heard they went under. Anyone from Las Vegas come here? Tell us about it!

I'm from Vegas and I think currently the Largest pool hall we have here is The Cue Club Which compared to what a few of you said, it really isn't that big (15,000 sqft, 39 tables). And I've read about the Lion's Den but sadly I do believe its been gone for a while :( It was one of the largest in the world or something.

rackem

SUPPORT CLUB MEMBERSHIP
Silver Member
ninjapirates said:
I'm from Vegas and I think currently the Largest pool hall we have here is The Cue Club Which compared to what a few of you said, it really isn't that big (15,000 sqft, 39 tables). And I've read about the Lion's Den but sadly I do believe its been gone for a while :( It was one of the largest in the world or something.

I think Pinkies has more then the Cue Club, but yes hardly a Pool Hall.:eek: :eek:

ninjapirates

rackem said:
I think Pinkies has more then the Cue Club, but yes hardly a Pool Hall.:eek: :eek:

I'm pretty sure Pinke's has been closed down for the past year. Well last I past it the big Pinke's sign was gone...:confused:

A/VHomeStereo

Registered
We had a Pinkies in Omaha, Nebraska. It WAS 36,000 sq/ft and had 101 tables (8-9' tables with green felt and 93 barbox's with bright pink felt). Not what I would call a pool hall.