Cue shop for sale

weegee3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello
Getting out of the cue building business again.
Was in it for 6 years but due to health issues, had to sell the stuff and move in with my daughter and space did not permit me to pursue it.
Then she made a shed for me 4 years ago and I bought two Hightower lathes,one is the deluxe and the other the midsize. Have about 5000 into those. Of course the other required goodies from Chris and Prather to compliment the lathes. in addition I have a Jet Band saw, Cradtsman sander, Delta grinder,about 50 quilted maple turning dowels (beautiful Stuff) .a few cocobolo and ebony pieces that have been rough turned,15 shafts about 150 veneer strips and assorted goodies needed to produce a finished cue. Also included are Chris Hoightower videos that teach you the cue building process from A to Z.
Now the eyes have failed me and father time has dope slapped me so I'm relegated to my easy chair and U tube where I watch younger men do stuff I wish I could still do. No complaints; I had a great trip.
You will have to pick it up. Bring a van and a buddy to help you. It takes up a lot of space and too heavy for me to help
I want $5000.00 for the whole lot with mo wiggle room.
Serious inquiries and I will provide pictures. Equipment is located 20 miles south of Boston.
Call me at 781-248-9594 for details. only do so if serious;
Thanks
Herb

SmokinJoe46

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I applaud your stand up approach to aging.
My apologies if I'm speaking out of turn but please consider removing the "no wiggle room" and replacing it with "all reasonable offers considered" or your daughter may be stuck with it when you move on...
Best, Joe

Last edited:

GBCues

Damn, still .002 TIR!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I applaud your stand up approach to aging.
My apologies if I'm speaking out of turn but please consider removing the "no wiggle room" and replacing it with "all reasonable offers considered" or your daughter may be stuck with it when you move on...
Best, Joe

Joe,
Herb (WeeGee) is entitled to word his for sale post any way that he pleases. He has been a contributor here for 9+ years. You, not even 9 months.
WeeGee, sorry to hear of your circumstances, but I'm confident you'll find a buyer.
Hang in there,
Gary

weegee3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks guys for your good wishes I'll be out of the cue making business but expect I will still be enjoying chatting with my cue building heroes.
Especially Mike Webb who was kind enough to let me see his setup and grill him for a few hours on cue building.First thing I noticed when I arrived at his place was he had two dogs around the house and immediately new this guy was someone I liked.
The first time I saw him was where at a local big name tournament, he was there doing repairs and putting on tips for players and others and I spent all my time watching him rather than the tournament. I was hooked completely. Thanks Mike.

Joe's comments had me reflecting on my original post and my approach to selling the goods. Perhaps my giving a more complete description would help. The price is more than fair given I had not detailed the stuff completely, including sanding mandrills the cost me $700, a compressor, vacuums, vise, work benches, etc. etc.. The last time I sold my equipment the buyer had to leave stuff behind because he had no more room in his van to take it.
In addition, nobody ever gets "stuck" with Chris Hightowerer lathes. For someone who gets hooked on cue building, there is no better way to start than with this gear and no better guy to work with for service if and when required. Another fine gentleman that I admire and respect.
For a game that has unfairly had a reputation for attracting some shady characters, ( I refer you to the song "Trouble, right here in River City" I have met and spoken some of the nicest people one could ever hope to meet.

Last edited:

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They're still here! Your always welcome to visit. Your a good man and a Gentleman. I don't say that to many people.

IMG_20181015_134506.jpg

Tom1234

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Michael, I guess I have read all your posts over the last 2 years. You’re last post confirms what I’ve thought all along; you are the kind of person I would be privileged to meet and call a friend. Hoping our paths cross someday.

weegee3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Inquires by interested parties have caused me to change my plans. I am going to break up the package and sell it in parts. Stay tuned.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Michael, I guess I have read all your posts over the last 2 years. You’re last post confirms what I’ve thought all along; you are the kind of person I would be privileged to meet and call a friend. Hoping our paths cross someday.

Thank you Tom.