Johnny is Batting 1000 at 6-0 vs Klatt

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a disgrace because it's on a gaffe table. Same thing happened before with Rodney and Corey, same table. :(

Poor Klatt.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
that was pretty insane what 9ball rolls corey was getting right down by the bottom left corner about 5 times. :eek:

racking mechanics or gaffe table?

best,
brian kc

Randy9Ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a disgrace because it's on a gaffe table. Same thing happened before with Rodney and Corey, same table. :(

Poor Klatt.

Gaffe table??? It has always been my understanding that a "gaffe" table is one that has been intentionally set up to play a certain way. I doubt that's the case with the table in question.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gaffe table??? It has always been my understanding that a "gaffe" table is one that has been intentionally set up to play a certain way. I doubt that's the case with the table in question.

That is one definition of a gaffe table.

Another is a table that does not roll true.

zachmosis

Corey racking

Rack your own seems crazy to me. I understand what a master racker can do to an opposing breaker, but it should also be noted what the same racker can do to give himself an advantage on the break.

In the last year of the Camel 10-ball tour, at JOB's in Nashville, Corey was gambling on the front Diamond table. I think he was matched up against Teddy Garahan, but i cannot remember for sure if that was who he was playing. They were racking their own and Teddy got the 8 ball. When he broke, Corey's nine ball went to the left corner pocket every time. Many of the racks were short racks.

That is not the craziest part of the match. Every time Teddy racked the balls, Corey came to the table and used his thumb to shove the foot ball on the right side back into the rack before Teddy broke. Where the balls had settled in racking, the foot ball was not touching the wing ball allowing those balls to spread out when Corey broke.

Everyone on the rail was commenting on where the nine ball was going and the fact that Corey was touching his opponents rack before he broke. I remember sitting near Grady and hearing him comment that he would never let someone touch the rack that he just set.

I did not watch Corey's match in question, but it sounds pretty familiar to me. There are a lot of players here that have a lot more experience than I do with this. Do you think that the rack is set after a match of racking and breaking this way?

I am curious to hear your opinions.