STICKY - For Those Needing 25 Posts For Full AZB Access

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
If you are new to AZ and are trying to quickly rack up the necessary 25 posts so you may have full access to all az forums, please accomplish this in the "Test Area" forum.

While it is against the spirit of the rule to post rapidfire without substance for the sole purpose of achieving full access, you would at least be less of a nuissance doing this off of the Main forum.

Welcome to AZ. :thumbup:

Best,
Brian kc

lukemindish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was just going to post about this. I really cant stand these cancer lurkers. They have nothing at all to contribute here and IMO they shouldnt even be on this site. Its getting old VERY fast. This forum is getting so polluted.:mad:

Roadking

sweet william
Silver Member
Question #1 What does 25 posts get you that 24 doesn't ?
Just into the ACTION category?

Question #2 What are these DUMMY's gonna do when they get there?

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
While it is against the spirit of the rule to post rapidfire without substance for the sole purpose of achieving full access, you would at least be less of a nuissance doing this off of the Main forum.
Best,
Brian kc

Yeah, we need more substance. You "newbies" get busy and start some CTE threads :rolleyes:!!! :sorry::D:D:D

Maniac

1344fry

Registered
If you are new to AZ and are trying to quickly rack up the necessary 25 posts so you may have full access to all az forums, please accomplish this in the "Test Area" forum.

Welcome to AZ. :thumbup:

Best,
Brian kc

Good point but I am soooo freakin close. Post #21. Oh yeah, almost there!

DallasHopps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was just going to post about this. I really cant stand these cancer lurkers. They have nothing at all to contribute here and IMO they shouldnt even be on this site. Its getting old VERY fast. This forum is getting so polluted.:mad:

While I understand the annoyance of the various threads and posts made recently for the benefit of those looking to recover / gain access to TAR and Raffles, I have to say that your post seemed a little harsh. I am, myself, a user who might be considered a lurker... I don't find that I've caused any problems by doing so. I inquired about a couple of items being sold (with intent to buy), asked some questions of cuemakers when contemplating a custom cue, and offered an opinion or two when I thought it was relevant or added to the discussion. It's a very real possibility that many of these cancerous lurkers, to borrow your phrase, are members whose curiosity has been satisfied by using the much touted (and useful) search feature. The "contribution" people like myself make, notwithstanding the new posting frenzy to gain the aforementioned access, is in keeping quiet instead of butting in where we have no place and learning what we are after without bothering the natives.

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
Guys, for whatever reason Mike and Jerry want a post count of 25 prior to being able to view that area..well it is just that.

IF you feel the need to post up with rediculous threads, basicly spamming the board....you will be met by myself treating you as a spammer and deleting your posts and maybe even banning the poster.

Don't get banned for trying to skirt the rules.

Fair warning.

vicki h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it's ridiculous that I need 25 posts to get into the Action Forum. I am not a regular poster but I do browse AZ daily and feel that any registered user should have full access to all aspects of your website. Because I choose not to post regularly, I shouldn't be punished. I have staked John Schmidt in 3 Tar matches ( Harriman, Kirkwood and Bartram) yet I am not allowed into the Action Forum. AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
Gary Henry
Owner of Gary's Victor Billiards.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
It's really not that difficult to make 25 posts, and to do so without intentionally posting gibberish.

Most days there is a poll on something or other, or yet another thread asking opinions about most any topic. It seems rather simple to me to be able to make even small posts in these threads.

But that's just me.

I think it should be renamed The SC5 Rule. :p

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While on the subject of post counts:

There are an awful lot of worthless posts and threads on AZ. Unfortunately a lot of those come from people that have thousands and thousands of posts. Just saying :)

(For the record, I'm not referring to the OP specifically)

damayor

Registered
I was perfectly happy with a few posts and a couple of purchases, but the new rule was put in place with no notice and involves more than just the action room. So, if you are in a raffle as one poster mentioned you are out of luck.
There has always been a power thing in forums and I've been on one since it's inception in the early 90s. I hear this all the time about newbies and nothing to add, but that forum is now almost dried up. Maybe you should count your blessings that you have a lot of newbies and hope they hang around for awhile.

Reactions: sde

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it's ridiculous that I need 25 posts to get into the Action Forum. I am not a regular poster but I do browse AZ daily and feel that any registered user should have full access to all aspects of your website. Because I choose not to post regularly, I shouldn't be punished. I have staked John Schmidt in 3 Tar matches ( Harriman, Kirkwood and Bartram) yet I am not allowed into the Action Forum. AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
Gary Henry
Owner of Gary's Victor Billiards.

Im sure a lot of your customers feel they shouldnt pay time or for sodas either. You may have a reason not to allow that just as the owners of AZ Billiards have a good reason for the count rule. You sure you are the owner?

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hanging around as a newbie is far from spamming the board just for the sake of reaching 25 posts.

Which of us is worse off?

Me for considering the trash posts spam or the person who doesn't have enough character to make 25 posts and actually participate in the forum?

tcmagnum

Registered
While I understand the annoyance of the various threads and posts made recently for the benefit of those looking to recover / gain access to TAR and Raffles, I have to say that your post seemed a little harsh. I am, myself, a user who might be considered a lurker... I don't find that I've caused any problems by doing so. I inquired about a couple of items being sold (with intent to buy), asked some questions of cuemakers when contemplating a custom cue, and offered an opinion or two when I thought it was relevant or added to the discussion. It's a very real possibility that many of these cancerous lurkers, to borrow your phrase, are members whose curiosity has been satisfied by using the much touted (and useful) search feature. The "contribution" people like myself make, notwithstanding the new posting frenzy to gain the aforementioned access, is in keeping quiet instead of butting in where we have no place and learning what we are after without bothering the natives.

Dallas, you expressed exactly what was on my mind. Thank you

danquixote

DanQuixote
Silver Member
I think those that intentionally try to skirt the 25 rule should be required to purchase a years membership prior to being able to post again. Truth is, I think those that avail themselves of the knowledge and collective wisdom here should feel morally obligated to purchase a membership. I'll not argue the point.....but I will maintain that belief.....Dan

lukemindish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You are not the problem. The people that are the problems are the ones going into threads and writing meaningless post number 17 and so on. Thats ridiculous and i dont think it is harsh at all.

damayor

Registered
I disagree, respectfully. I'm a flyfishing guide and we get all types with all kind of questions in our forums. I try my best to help everyone I can and don't consider any question frivolas or unworthy of an answer maybe other than "what's the best 5 wt rod?"

I was a serious pool player for over twenty years and had a thirty year layoff. Things have changed a lot in rules and technique since then and I don't feel qualified to post often so therefore, I lurk. What is really wrong with that? Any forum always has a greater number of views to threads than comments, sometimes in the thousands to only a few posts.

edited: I agree with the thread last night and I was part of it when I saw it going on, I just think there should have been a warning. Now, I've lost all my legitimate post, also.

Last edited:

lukemindish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Theres nothing wrong with being a lurker....but there is a problem with going in threads and spamming them saying "useless post 15"