My new King Case #131

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
King #131

A few weeks back I decided to treat myself to something nice for my 40th birthday. I’ve always loved good leather cases and I’ve had a few nice ones from some big makers but I’ve never had the perfect one. I like the traditional style and I’ve had a few but never one with a jump butt sleeve which I need for it to be a truly usable and functional case for me.

So, I started looking for some options and came across Al’s work. Immediately I knew this was what I wanted. I love the JB interiors and the shoulder strap off the back of the case. The quality of his leatherwork looked impressive too.

Sent him a message and asked if he’d be willing to take a case order and he was. We quickly settled on what I was looking for and he gave me a time estimate. I had settled on a plain front case but as the build started Al texted me asking if I’d be interested in him throwing in couple diamond inlays for me. I think he knew it would just look better with them and he was so right. I now can’t imagine this case without them and I love the contrast of the black stingray with the brown leather.

I received progress pics as the build progressed which was super fun and in the end he finished the case in well less than half the quoted turn around time. It arrived yesterday, just two days before my birthday and on my league night so I got to put it right to use.

I can’t say enough good things about working with Al and the quality of his cases. His leather work and quality is exceptional and the case has exceeded my expectations. Even the lining of the jump butt pocket is of a super high quality.

This is the pool cue case I’ve always wanted and it joins my Runde playing cues as part of what I consider my lifetime setup. Once I got my Rundes I stopped looking at cues, I have what I need. Now I truly feel like I can say that about my case as well.

Thanks for building me my dream case Al!

Gjj1ojOh.jpg

JH1GhqEh.jpg

N2zMyQMh.jpg

El4QJm0h.jpg

RdhwYV1h.jpg

Zy16ZcSh.jpg

p0Si0dah.jpg

Last edited:

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Below are some of the progress pics that Al sent me during the process. Was super fun to watch this come together.

m5k3QYrh.jpg

As9DxHu.jpg

YTcmmK6h.jpg

i9mo4USh.jpg

f3iaErZh.jpg

FfuUQIWh.jpg

Last edited:

King

King Custom Cue Cases
Gold Member
Silver Member
You're welcome!

Thank you for taking the time to create this thread.
It's moments like this that make all the effort into making cases worthwhile.

I liked the way this case turned out so much, I'm just going to have to make one similar for myself and not sell it. LOL. But we all know there always for sale!!

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That is a really nice case and this is the probably the best case thread I have seen. I really appreciate you sharing the pictures of all the pieces before they were put together. It is cool to see how it all goes together.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is a really nice case and this is the probably the best case thread I have seen. I really appreciate you sharing the pictures of all the pieces before they were put together. It is cool to see how it all goes together.

Yes, I agree, I too really enjoyed the photos of how everything came together.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Those are all thanks to Al and shared with his permission.

It really added something special to the process though, being able to see my case take shape. It started just a day or two after I placed my order and I received consistent updates each week until it was done. Made it way more fun during the waiting process!

Thanks everyone for the kind words about it!

Rusty Melton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a real beauty, very classy. I've always been a big fan Al's work, he's a great maker and a very nice guy. Congratulations!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

surffisher2a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great looking case. Thanks for posting the construction pics. Shows how much work / time really goes into making such a great case.

raemondo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great write up and very beautiful case! Been lusting after a king case for sometime now and this thread isn’t helping!

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great write up and very beautiful case! Been lusting after a king case for sometime now and this thread isn’t helping!

If you go for it you will not be disappointed! I’m very glad I decided to pull the trigger and order one.

14.1'er

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a beauty! I can't imagine how many hours are involved in making a case like this. Congrats on the case, and enjoy it.