Interested in More info on CNC machine for cues

lstoltman

Registered
Hello I am interested in adding a CNC machine to my shop. I currently use a Hightower lathe (cuesmith deluxe) along with the panamill inlay machine and really love the setup. I have had this unit for close to 20 years now and have had no issues. Lately I have seen some videos of CNC inlays and the precision work they create and am looking into possibly adding one of these beast to my setup. I would love some input to what types of systems are being used (pros and cons). Thanks for the read and hopefully everyone is getting some quality shop time in under these less than ideal circumstances.

HQueen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a CNC from Unique Products. Solid and well built. Service after the sale is second to none.
Sure you can buy or make one cheaper but without someone to help you along it’ll be a tough road.
Unless you’re a mechanical genius.

rhinobywilhite

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought one from Cary Brace of Dark Horse Cues. He has a Facebook page.

Price was reasonable, tech help is super and he can provide some inlay patterns to get you started.

Most of the cnc's that are built for cue making are of decent quality. I would encourage you to talk to each of the providers of the machines and decide which you think fits your budget and your specs.

CamposCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cnc

I recently purchased an i2r cnc. They have a 2x4 model that suits cue building pretty well.