The cte controversy

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No one is going to clean anyone out or teach a lesson to someone who is receiving that girly man spot. If you want money bad enough to sacrifice your dignity there are still convenience stores to rob.
Here is a video of you helping your buddies dig a hole. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGItoKaX0BM
How very colorful of you. What a charming response.
Your intellect might just border on that of most idle pool room loafers.
Have you discovered the literary world's latest triumphant publication...."Expand your Vocabulary for a Better Life"?
Here's a photo that may assist you in that illustrious endeavor.:smile:
Gordon.jpg

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How very colorful of you. What a charming response.
Your intellect might just border on that of most idle pool room loafers.
Have you discovered the literary world's latest triumphant publication...."Expand your Vocabulary for a Better Life"?
Here's a photo that may assist you in that illustrious endeavor.:smile:
View attachment 549328

I have a question of substance. You said 2 years ago that after learning CTE you ran your first 100 balls in a straight pool match. Then you said you ran 56 balls in another game because of CTE and Gene's Perfect Aim. So which is it? Are you a C player or a 100 ball runner? You can't be both.

Scarlett0Hara

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a question of substance. You said 2 years ago that after learning CTE you ran your first 100 balls in a straight pool match. Then you said you ran 56 balls in another game because of CTE and Gene's Perfect Aim. So which is it? Are you a C player or a 100 ball runner? You can't be both.

cant he be a c player that once ran 100 balls?

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
LOL. The police won't let me play. I saw that coming from a mile away.

Low lives in a world of imagination where dames, gumshoes, zoot suites and characters out of Casablanca all interact in a pool hall. "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" comes to mind. :rolleyes:

Welcome to the club .
The challenged and ditched club .:D

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cant he be a c player that once ran 100 balls?

Never going to happen. It would be like winning Mega Millons. Factor in that he claims to have done it within the last 2 years and then ran 56, which a C player is also highly unlikely to do. That would make him closer to an A player.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
C players don't run 100s. It doesn't happen by chance.

pj
chgo

Straight pool is more of a game of cue ball control and knowledge of reading the pack.
It's a BS claim an aiming system and eye alignment made him run his first century after 60 years.
BS.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whats wrong with this guy??? CTE derangement...lol
After he pm me a few times, I've come to realise crazy people are actually crazier than I thought,
Here's a later post from me.
Just got off the phone with the police department there in Olathe Kansas.
The officer said..."the state gambling laws do not apply to private betting. So passing money back and forth there in Shooters is not a violation and no arrests would be made." (very intelligent ruling in my opinion...unlike here in my hillbilly state where if you pass 20 bucks back and forth in a poolroom or a beer joint they will lock you up in a heartbeat). He is well familiar with the action at Shooters....he did say, "any arguments or violence though and you go to jail"
However, the police department officers will not take private money from someone (in this case little old me) for an off duty police officer to go sit in that poolroom and watch a match to make sure some tough guy doesn't beat up on me in the place or after I walk out the door. But they will hire out when off the clock to do that at a private residence.
Being the ultimate coward and scared of everything as I am...that puts the stopper on any public pool shooting match between you and me.
So I'll make the same deal to you as I did to one of the blowhard "instructors" in this place....I'll come there to a private residence and bring my hired help local policeman along too.
You've already got the terms on any match...MY TERMS. (your terms are insignificant). Oh yes...gotta' be on a small table too. I cannot see too good on those big suckers.
If you wanta' show me how "goofy my aiming method is"...the ball is in your court. PM me some more if you're interested.
Otherwise, I bid you good day, sir.
Lowenstein

Scarlett0Hara

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Straight pool is more of a game of cue ball control and knowledge of reading the pack.
It's a BS claim an aiming system and eye alignment made him run his first century after 60 years.
BS.

i would agree but I do think the stans system may help relieve some stress because of the systematic shot routine and therefore possibly make you run higher numbers.... just saying

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i would agree but I do think the stans system may help relieve some stress because of the systematic shot routine and therefore possibly make you run higher numbers.... just saying

You're not just saying you're just fantasizing. A C player might go from a high run of 22 to 28 because of reduced stress. lol. He's not going from 22 to 50.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Here's a later post from me.
Just got off the phone with the police department there in Olathe Kansas.
The officer said..."the state gambling laws do not apply to private betting. So passing money back and forth there in Shooters is not a violation and no arrests would be made." (very intelligent ruling in my opinion...unlike here in my hillbilly state where if you pass 20 bucks back and forth in a poolroom or a beer joint they will lock you up in a heartbeat). He is well familiar with the action at Shooters....he did say, "any arguments or violence though and you go to jail"
However, the police department officers will not take private money from someone (in this case little old me) for an off duty police officer to go sit in that poolroom and watch a match to make sure some tough guy doesn't beat up on me in the place or after I walk out the door. But they will hire out when off the clock to do that at a private residence.
Being the ultimate coward and scared of everything as I am...that puts the stopper on any public pool shooting match between you and me.
So I'll make the same deal to you as I did to one of the blowhard "instructors" in this place....I'll come there to a private residence and bring my hired help local policeman along too.
You've already got the terms on any match...MY TERMS. (your terms are insignificant). Oh yes...gotta' be on a small table too. I cannot see too good on those big suckers.
If you wanta' show me how "goofy my aiming method is"...the ball is in your court. PM me some more if you're interested.
Otherwise, I bid you good day, sir.
Lowenstein

Nothing's in my court Big Mouth. Wouldnt even wanna a be in the same room as you.;) Put me on ignore creepy ass. Pool player,:confused: you show signs of a very distrubed person.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh yes...gotta' be on a small table too. I cannot see too good on those big suckers.
If you wanta' show me how "goofy my aiming method is"...the ball is in your court.

Joe aka Pete went to see Stan and he was drilling table length shots into pro cut pockets on the 10 foot table by using CTE.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Welcome...Welcome...Welcome

To:
My dear Scarlett, Wormwood, C.S. Lewis, Scott Peck, Mr. and Mrs. North, and all the ships at sea...…welcome to the zoo !!
You have just left yourself wide open to a firestorm of insults, tirades, and downright ridicule, from what I humbly refer to as "The Grouchy Posse".
Tighten up and get ready....they will be on your case shortly.
Like flies on watermelons back in the old country home when it's sleepytime down south.:smile:

Last edited:

Scarlett0Hara

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To:
My dear Scarlett, Wormwood, C.S. Lewis, Scott Peck, and all the ships at sea...…welcome to the zoo !!
You have just left yourself wide open to a firestorm of insults, tirades, and downright ridicule, from what I humbly refer to as "The Grouchy Posse".
Tighten up and get ready....they will be on your case shortly.
Like flies on watermelons back in the old country home when it's sleepytime down south.:smile:

its ok, im one of the orignals, i can handle "The Grouchy Posse" *wink

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nothing's in my court Big Mouth. Wouldnt even wanna a be in the same room as you.;) Put me on ignore creepy ass. Pool player,:confused: you show signs of a very distrubed person.
Awwwwwwww...come on now.
I thought we were "fwens". :p Later we can get ice cream.
Be nice and I'll get one of the famous musicians in here to sing you a song...oldie by the Beatles. "Baby You can Drive My Car..beep beep beep yeaaaaaa".

Last edited:

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member

Consistent ball pocketing skills can be developed through a variety of different aiming methods. In other words, with enough practice you can become a great shot maker using any aiming method. But straight pool involves much more than simply pocketing balls. It's pattern play, position play, dealing with clusters, reading the rack, etc... Pocketing balls is the easy part.

No C player is going to miraculously run anymore than 14 to 28 balls on any high run. If so, they're a B player, not C. There are just too many combined skills that must be coordinated, and C players lack consistency in those skills, which is why they're not yet B players.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not so much in pool halls, but in bars I've won tons of money playing 8-ball. Years ago, if you traveled around you could find people in the bars who would play for money, but they didn't want to play 9-ball on the small table.

I actually think "last pocket 8-ball" on a big table is a very good money game. If you are a good "mover" you can keep regular 8-ball "run out" players from running out consistently. If you are both a good mover and a good shooter, you can steamroll or smother people who don't have a "cerebral" game.

I've always preferred rotation games for gambling, but I've played every game and gambled at all of them. After mainly playing rotation games for decades, I'm beginning to like to play something else for a change.

Also, this game allows you to "toy" with people. You can force them to shoot shots that you want them to shoot. You can take out their "ducks" and leave them with patterns that Houdini couldn't escape from. You can take "intentional" fouls. You can tie them up. There are a lot of things that make the game "interesting".

This guy posts to the aiming forum and immediately gets banned. Welcome to the forum, Hawaiian! :thumbup: