Rule question

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I have a rule question - in 3 cushion if my cue ball is frozen to the red - am I allowed to kick or bank say three rails and then contact red first. I'm thinking the answer is yes but I really did not know. Would prefer factual answer rather than a speculative. So Mr 3 cushion or Mr. Jewett could you please respond - thank you in advance.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
As I mentioned in the other thread, you have a choice at 3-C (or balkline or cushion caroms) but at straight rail you have to spot them.

For the international rules, see the UMB website.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
And I should have been a little more complete about straight rail in case anyone takes up that great game. You have to spot all three if your cue ball freezes to a ball.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
As I mentioned in the other thread, you have a choice at 3-C (or balkline or cushion caroms) but at straight rail you have to spot them.

For the international rules, see the UMB website.
not really interested in international rules i.e. wpa/umb/bca/pbia/fbi/cia :-o etc. sorry bob - entities with acronym's - i have learned are put in place for political corruption. If i ever travel overseas I will ask their 'official tournament director' for any clarification.

Last edited: