Are the bars closing next ?

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Starting last night many large sporting and entertainment events are all being postponed or canceled. Last night a few of the league players were questioning the safety of meeting in bars to play the matches. The bar can easily have 200 players at any one time all touching, close talking, shaking hands .....

With the winter season coming to an end, it looks like things may be delayed ?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any enclosed space business is going to suffer for a while. Most(all??) bars i've been in are not the greatest at cleanliness/hygiene. Time for a stogie and some bourbon on the patio.

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On league nights there can be 250 players there, a large percentage over 60.
Your right about the cleanliness, no disinfection on surfaces including rails, bathrooms a mess, soap cut with water, beer glasses get rinsed not washed. Many players like to shake hands or close talk. I think I would feel saver on a cruise ship.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We had the same discussion at league last night. We came up with a solution....
All alcohol that we buy has to be 60% or higher.
Isnt that what the CDC recommended? Problem solved.

J$Cincy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any enclosed space business is going to suffer for a while. Most(all??) bars i've been in are not the greatest at cleanliness/hygiene. Time for a stogie and some bourbon on the patio.

Exactly lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Monday night 8-ball usually has 20-22 people. Last Monday we had 12

Tuesday night 9-ball usually has 23-25 people. Last Tuesday we had 6

Wednesday night Texas Hold Em, we usually have 35 or 40. Last night, there were maybe 18.

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Despite the dumpy joint,

I really fear the possible 4 -12 weeks of no league competition.
I look forward to my weekly matches.

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well the bars are going to close.

Just announced in Illinois, Gov Pritzker, all Bars and Resturaunts will close on Monday

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
If the other closings are happening, this is the obvious next step. CO closed ski resorts and a buddy who was out there said all it did was set feed thousands into overcrowded bars to drunkenly infect each other.

Sent from the future.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bars are closed too, anyone with a liquor license. Can't play pool through the drive thru at McDs

Guess I could have been clearer. I agreed that bars and restaurants were closed. I was referring to the fact that restaurants with delivery or carry out are still open. Bars (or restaurants with a liquor license) will be allowed to serve food (not liquor) carry out only.

Last edited:

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
bars and restaurants are closed in Ohio as of 9pm tonight

Yea...was finishing up the 22nd game this afternoon with BIL in a local hall when the news came out. :mad: Have no idea what I'll do next Sunday. :confused: Too cold to fish, hunting season over.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
We were going to our winery to pick up a club shipment and were told it was closed due to CA governor's order. Restaurants are OK for now but reduced capacity and bars are ordered closed. I expect some businesses will not comply.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We were going to our winery to pick up a club shipment and were told it was closed due to CA governor's order. Restaurants are OK for now but reduced capacity and bars are ordered closed. I expect some businesses will not comply.

If they have a liquor license, I'll bet they comply.
Or they might lose it.