CTE Video Of The Day #1

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
There's a lot of misunderstanding regarding CTE so I'll be posting a Video Of The Day every day to help clear some of it up and give you the information daily if you're interested in learning about it and seeing if it might help your game.

If it doesn't appeal to you, real simple, DO NOT open the thread. There's no need for bashing or starting flame wars. Take it as a learning opportunity or not. This is the AIMING FORUM and this is all about an AIMING SYSTEM.

#1. (61) CTE NEVER SUPPOSED TO BE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIFI6K_nNhE&list=UUW8lTFYIYGN2AjHKN23M-RQ&index=62&t=0s

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's a lot of misunderstanding regarding CTE so I'll be posting a Video Of The Day every day to help clear some of it up and give you the information daily if you're interested in learning about it and seeing if it might help your game.
If it doesn't appeal to you, real simple, DO NOT open the thread. There's no need for bashing or starting flame wars. Take it as a learning opportunity or not. This is the AIMING FORUM and this is all about an AIMING SYSTEM.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIFI6K_nNhE&list=UUW8lTFYIYGN2AjHKN23M-RQ&index=62&t=0s
Spider...….what a sensational idea. !! Doing it every day..:thumbup:
This will be good for the newer people who want to really check out CTE without getting beat up verbally or ridiculed by the on-going "flame war" crowd.
All those who think it's horsedung can merely stay out of the discussion.
Way to go. :thumbup:
Regards,
P.L.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
People are resistant to change. We get in ruts. If you do not think on leaning something new everyday, your brain will atrophy

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member

To clarify this for new viewers: Stan is saying that with this system he can do the exact same thing and get two different results (3/4 overlap one time and 1/2 overlap the next). Here's how Stan describes the two aims:

"I'm just gonna set up in a 15-degree perception, left edge to A, center to edge, half tip, left-to-right pivot, and my tip is pointed directly at the right quarter mark on this ball...

...Now I'm gonna move over to this line, I'm gonna set up on the 15-degree perception ... now, as I move straight in for my half tip, left-to-right pivot with the same bridge distance and turn my tip to center and aim down my shaft, the tip is now pointed to the outside edge of this ball"

I'm guessing this thread is to discuss how that's possible (to clear up some of the "misunderstanding regarding CTE")...?

pj
chgo

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Gotta say, these posts don't get very many posts on here but they sure get lots of views. Most over 250 views each. The lurkers are paying attention and i'm guessing liking what they are seeing. Good work Spidey

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gotta say, these posts don't get very many posts on here but they sure get lots of views. Most over 250 views each. The lurkers are paying attention and i'm guessing liking what they are seeing. Good work Spidey
Good observation. my friend.:thumbup2:
CookieMan...there are a LOT of pool players out there who don't buy into the voodoo-hoodoo of the Grouchy Posse. And that is indeed a blessing....(who says prayer doesn't work?)
Regards,
P.L.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

A post title like, "I think I woke up with a hemorrhoid today" gets over 250 hits. You should really aim higher. :wink:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

Actually more than 250 per day. I posted various videos for 22 days total as of yesterday. There have been 14,178 VIEWS as of my post right now. It comes out to an average of 645 per day.

The three highest days had 3,946; 1,048, and 843 views

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Actually more than 250 per day. I posted various videos for 22 days total as of yesterday. There have been 14,178 VIEWS as of my post right now. It comes out to an average of 645 per day.

The three highest days had 3,946; 1,048, and 843 views

People gravitate toward carnival acts and freak shows and reality TV too. It's for the entertainment value, where they grab some popcorn, have a seat, and watch other people verbally smack each other.

I certainly believe some click on your daily CTE threads hoping or looking to learn something, mainly newbies looking for help. But these same videos have been available on YouTube for several years now, and anyone interested in CTE can simply go to YouTube and search "Stan Shuffett CTE" and 100+ lessons are right there with zero drama, except for a few where Stan preaches against the naysayers.

I believe most of the views for your threads are people looking for entertainment. They have their popcorn and they wanna see some of that good ol 20yr drama you're fishing for. They click on the thread and see your post and Low500's post, then they take their popcorn and go somewhere else. If one of the "Fab 5" happens to comment -- the show is on! Make more popcorn and sit back and enjoy the sometimes comical and often overly dramatic reading. It's addictive.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A post title like, "I think I woke up with a hemorrhoid today" gets over 250 hits. You should really aim higher. :wink:

People gravitate toward carnival acts and freak shows and reality TV too. It's for the entertainment value, where they grab some popcorn, have a seat, and watch other people verbally smack each other.

I certainly believe some click on your daily CTE threads hoping or looking to learn something, mainly newbies looking for help. But these same videos have been available on YouTube for several years now, and anyone interested in CTE can simply go to YouTube and search "Stan Shuffett CTE" and 100+ lessons are right there with zero drama, except for a few where Stan preaches against the naysayers.

I believe most of the views for your threads are people looking for entertainment. They have their popcorn and they wanna see some of that good ol 20yr drama you're fishing for. They click on the thread and see your post and Low500's post, then they take their popcorn and go somewhere else. If one of the "Fab 5" happens to comment -- the show is on! Make more popcorn and sit back and enjoy the sometimes comical and often overly dramatic reading. It's addictive.

Translation, The lurkers are watching and learning and you guys are just plain jealous of that. Weird part is, considering your obsessions against CTE it's you two guys that should be also watching and learning so you could post more intelligently about CTE. It's very simple by reading your posts to know that you understand very little about CTE.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Translation, The lurkers are watching and learning and you guys are just plain jealous of that. Weird part is, considering your obsessions against CTE it's you two guys that should be also watching and learning so you could post more intelligently about CTE. It's very simple by reading your posts to know that you understand very little about CTE.
A big YES to the part of your post I marked in red..!!!
Way to go, CookieMan..!!!
Regards,
P.L. :thumbup:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

So in other words, the haters of CTE and trolls are doing a GOOD thing by providing entertainment and driving VIEW numbers up.
You're such cool all knowing guy, Brian. Where would this forum be without you?

I don't think it makes Mike Howerton very happy about the entertainment value since he's banned a good number of members here over the years.

True, there are 103 videos in the playlist. But believe it or not, not very many are aware of it. What I'm doing and trying to do is not make it so daunting to see that many and only providing one to three a day that tie into each other with more organization.

But I guess it doesn't meet with your approval and the 4 other primary CTE haters and a couple of rogue trolls trying to make a name for themselves.

So it's a GOOD thing and we should be bowing down and thanking you for your help.

As of right now there have been NO other posts except for MINE and over 40 views. The view record doesn't come up after each and every one. They come based on time in a larger amount lumped together.

Yesterday there were over 90 views before a second post was made since mine. My thinking is it's from those who are interested but don't want to get involved with the garbage after it starts.

The post count shows up also. If there is zero or one, nothing indicates a flame war.

But it's what the FAB 5 wants to DETRACT from the information on the video. The question for today is...who is going to be the FIRST of the FAB5 to come in on their golden palomino to stir up the crap one way or another?

Have you ever thought about doing a bunch of videos explaining the in's and out's of poolology FOR FREE like Stan has done? NO? I didn't think so. It's about the money.

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member

:thumbup: Sure. Lol.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
:thumbup: Sure. Lol.

You're detracting from today's new thread right now. You're aren't doing it in there, but you're still doing it here.

According to you, you've done ALL of these great things in your lifetime such as be a mister fixit for stuff all throughout the house, super musician playing multiple instruments, fantastic pool player who can qualify for the US Amateur without never having done it, run all 15 balls on video like Stan did in one session, an expert on the mind and brain and how it functions to build champions...yadayadayada and blah, blah blah.

What the hell do you do for a job that allows you all the time to post in here like an all knowing expert about pool and do the work of a trolling member of the FAB 5?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're detracting from today's new thread right now. You're aren't doing it in there, but you're still doing it here.
According to you, you've done ALL of these great things in your lifetime such as be a mister fixit for stuff all throughout the house, super musician playing multiple instruments, fantastic pool player who can qualify for the US Amateur without never having done it, run all 15 balls on video like Stan did in one session, an expert on the mind and brain and how it functions to build champions...yadayadayada and blah, blah blah.
What the hell do you do for a job that allows you all the time to post in here like an all knowing expert about pool and do the work of a trolling member of the FAB 5?
Somebody said he was the newly hired House Pro at a Sandwich Shop/Pool Room there in his town.
Not much of a long term career but in a place controlled by doom and gloom democrats, I guess it's better than no job at all.
Who really knows? :shrug:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member

I am in a technical field that involves electronics and electrical work. There's quite a bit of downtime, in which I do a lot of reading and studying.

We live in a time where information is plentiful -- through print, audio, video, online resources, generous and knowledgeable friends, etc...

Some of us actually enjoy learning and doing things ourselves, instead of paying someone else to something for us. When you start doing things yourself you begin to appreciate the excellent skills other people have acquired. But you also begin to recognize the lousy jobs that some certified or paid professionals are actually getting paid to do. You learn that some things are worth paying someone else to do, while other things are worth doing yourself. And you discover that a small cynical amount of people find it hard to believe that others can actually learn multiple skills and acquire a wide range of knowledge in multiple subjects.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I am in a technical field that involves electronics and electrical work. There's quite a bit of downtime, in which I do a lot of reading and studying.

That's vague enough. It could be anything or nothing. Can you be more specific?

We live in a time where information is plentiful -- through print, audio, video, online resources, generous and knowledgeable friends, etc...

It called YouTube and the internet.

Some of us actually enjoy learning and doing things ourselves, instead of paying someone else to something for us. When you start doing things yourself you begin to appreciate the excellent skills other people have acquired. But you also begin to recognize the lousy jobs that some certified or paid professionals are actually getting paid to do. You learn that some things are worth paying someone else to do, while other things are worth doing yourself.

Everyone differs regarding that.

And you discover that a small cynical amount of people find it hard to believe that others can actually learn multiple skills and acquire a wide range of knowledge in multiple subjects.

I know a number of individuals who are multi-talented and multi-skilled. They just aren't braggarts who have a need to advertise it to the entire world to massage their egos.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Here's the tally of posters/posts up to now for threads "CTE Video of the Day #1-49".

pj
chgo

CTE posters.JPG

Last edited: