Strawberry Brooks Smokin

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
standard with many back then on the smoking. that and drugs sent most of the pool players to an early grave.

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m glad Pat Fleming, Danny D , Billy and I’m sure many others were around recording some of the older generation pool players. In the early 80 St Louis Louie was one of my favorite players. We lost him to soon. It’s great to be able to see him.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a great find! Thank you for sharing. I'm going to share it on FB too. This is an oldie but goodie.

Strawberry was the founder of the Capital City Classic, and then the Wilson family took over the ensuing years to keep the tradition going. Known mainly as a one-hole player, he was one of the best in the country during his prime. He was also a friend of mine.

This was taken about year before Strawberry passed away. I had a lengthy conversation with him on this night. He had a strong faith and was very happy. The motto for OnePocket-dot-org came from Melvin Strawberry Brooks: "One pocket. It's an epidemic, and there ain't no cure."

Attachments

• Strawberry and Keith.JPG
    Strawberry and Keith.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 629

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a great find! Thank you for sharing. I'm going to share it on FB too. This is an oldie but goodie.

Strawberry was the founder of the Capital City Classic, and then the Wilson family took over the ensuing years to keep the tradition going. Known mainly as a one-hole player, he was one of the best in the country during his prime. He was also a friend of mine.

This was taken about year before Strawberry passed away. I had a lengthy conversation with him on this night. He had a strong faith and was very happy. The motto for OnePocket-dot-org came from Melvin Strawberry Brooks: "One pocket. It's an epidemic, and there ain't no cure."

He could sure move those balls well. Every time Louis had him in a little jam , he sent all the balls over in front of his hole lol , long day when that happens
Please tell Keith a fan said hello, hope you guys are doing well

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played a guy named Cricket that would have three smokes going at a time and would actually get mad when one went out. The worst part was he would lay his cigarette on the side of the table while he would shoot. Since I worked there it was my job to tell him to move it. He would never listen so I started stealing his pack when he wasn’t looking. He got pissed but eventually started to listen.