CTE Trivia

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
even though you may need to use a much longer or shorter bridge length?

That's not necessarily true. If the CB is kissing the rail, you can bridge from "the ledge" and get close to a normal bridge length. Jacked up is tougher---you can just air pivot and come straight into the center of the CB.

Stan's DVD covered all this.

CurveThe8

Registered
if the cueball is close to the rail or frozen to the rail i stay low and level as i can with a closed bridge when shooting over a ball i try to maintain my normal closed bridge (index finger to thumb) supporting my hand with three fingers down (pinky, ring, and middle finger) as to get higher than the ball im shooting over. hope that helps.

champ2107

Banned
you want to see some bad bridging and stances while shooting cte, look at the vid i put in the other thread, but really pay attention! theres no real concern about bridging or where my foot is or etc << Lamas. Im bridged on the table and then move the ball with my cue and make the shots. At .40 im pretty much bridged up just like i would be shooting over a ball, easy stuff.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
If you really dislike all the CTE conversation here (and it appears that you do - you express that in every CTE thread going) why do you continue to instigate these lines of questioning?

You obviously don't believe that it works like folks say it does. Are you just interested in stirring-the-pot? Or are you sincerely interested in the answer?

(I don't know anything about CTE other than what I've read here. It's interesting reading for me. I'm not needed to "carry the flag" for the CTE'ers, it's the constant poking and prodding these threads create that make me wonder.)

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
It just seems like an important thing to consider, since CTE requires a certain bridge length. Well what if there is a ball in the way of your bridge. On a large number of shots, your bridge will be altered by a ball even if you're not shooting directly over it. What to do?

Just to make you happy and to stop your trolling--- you'd use ghost ball--- are you happy now? Thread closed. How the hell can you give a rats ass about any of this if you don't use it? You gonna stage a CTE revolt because you can't stand people using a technique you don't use? ATTN everyone: Pocketpoint is right. Everyone's crazy but him. Ok--- back to surfing.

Thunderball

Auto rep for belly laughs
Silver Member
just to make you happy and to stop your trolling--- you'd use ghost ball--- are you happy now? Thread closed. How the hell can you give a rats ass about any of this if you don't use it? You gonna stage a cte revolt because you can't stand people using a technique you don't use? Attn everyone: Pocketpoint is right. Everyone's crazy but him. Ok--- back to surfing.

l o l

pablocruz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just to make you happy and to stop your trolling--- you'd use ghost ball--- are you happy now? Thread closed. How the hell can you give a rats ass about any of this if you don't use it? You gonna stage a CTE revolt because you can't stand people using a technique you don't use? ATTN everyone: Pocketpoint is right. Everyone's crazy but him. Ok--- back to surfing.

Thanks Dave! I don't think you hit center pocket with that one.. I think you "nipped" the Pocketpoint!!

NewStroke

Screamin Monkey
Silver Member
CTE works well. In about 30 mins RandyG taught it to me. In about 2 hours I was getting comfortable with it. 2 weeks later, I am pocketing more difficult shots with more confidence. I can't wait till work mellows a bit so I can practice it every day.

BTW: You can't read about CTE, you have to do it.

Thanks again Randy, you added a huge bomb to my arsenal.

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

That's what I do too. Good call Dave.
Ghost ball til death.

Redneck Jim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ahhh, the good ol days.

I'm old enough, and was raised as a kid in a place that still used outdoor toilets.

For the youngsters on this forum, one of the joys of using one of those outhouses
on a hot, humid summer day, was having flies buzz around your ass... Not really dangerous or painful, but still irritating.

Some people on this forum make me remember those times.

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
CTE works well. In about 30 mins RandyG taught it to me. In about 2 hours I was getting comfortable with it. 2 weeks later, I am pocketing more difficult shots with more confidence. I can't wait till work mellows a bit so I can practice it every day.

BTW: You can't read about CTE, you have to do it.

Thanks again Randy, you added a huge bomb to my arsenal.

Again, you are very welcome my friend.
You are a great student.

Thanks to SpiderWebComm & Cookieman for keeping SAME AIM on the proper course.
randyg

SAME AIM IS THE NUTS!!!!!!

Murdoch7627

Frank Reid aka "Fly Man"
Silver Member
Again, you are very welcome my friend.
You are a great student.

Thanks to SpiderWebComm & Cookieman for keeping SAME AIM on the proper course.
randyg

SAME AIM IS THE NUTS!!!!!!

Randy,

Have you now moved Same Aim to two aim lines like Pro One or are you still just using one aim line before the pivot and basing the pivot direction on less than a 30 degree cut or more than a 30 degree cut?

Last edited: