Canadian Pool Championships

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Alex Pagulayan wins the 10-ball and 9-ball titles
John Morra came second in both

Alex won the A-side in the 8-ball....
..but a young Steven Holem came back from the B-side and pumped him in the final
...9-1 :eek:....we’ll be hearing more of this guy....Alex loves how he hits a ball

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Alex Pagulayan wins the 10-ball and 9-ball titles
John Morra came second in both

Alex won the A-side in the 8-ball....
..but a young Steven Holem came back from the B-side and pumped him in the final
...9-1 :eek:....we’ll be hearing more of this guy....Alex loves how he hits a ball

I’d like to have seen this. Alex and John are 2 of my all time favorites. Never heard of Steven holem but I’ll look out for him

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
This was a debut for Alex.....he wore glasses.
...said he could see the fine cuts at a distance much better...
...and he proved it to me...set up a ball 1 diamond from the pocket on the short rail...
...about one half inch off the rail...put the cue ball about 1.25 diamond from the pocket
at the other end of the table...6 inches off the rail....
...sliced it in first shot clean....would’ve dropped on a snooker table.

Too early to go Lasik...so get used to Alex making a spectacle of himself

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
...and he proved it to me...set up a ball 1 diamond from the pocket on the short rail...
...about one half inch off the rail...put the cue ball about 1.25 diamond from the pocket

I spent all this money getting my eyes checked out, my dominant eye is totally blurry if I close the other...spent like 500 on glasses, I could see so clearly and was all excited to play...then I realized I couldn’t shoot with them on lol. I get real low and the type I got just didn’t come close to working. I hope he rocks them well!

Thanks GideonF :thumbup:

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

LOL.... age hits us all in some form, sooner or later....

Alex...seeing better.... look out world!!:wink:

td

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

td

No shit, look out.

All the big wins he's had over the last year, with compromised vision? We should all see if he will let us buy out early for half the bet.

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

td

Not to knock his action, but Alex was playing scary good with the glasses, even by his standards. And he's still getting used to them!

Pacecar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe I need better glasses - but Alex didn't seem to be wearing any glasses during the the 10-ball video match (Alex vs. Morra). Maybe he's still getting used to them.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Maybe I need better glasses - but Alex didn't seem to be wearing any glasses during the the 10-ball video match (Alex vs. Morra). Maybe he's still getting used to them.

Alex used the glasses when the started the single elimination stage of 9-ball.
He made very few mistakes...won 15-5

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Team Canada were practising on a 6x12 today...
...getting ready for the World Cup

4C0FF24C-178D-4669-9EBF-7CA26E4B33E0.jpeg

Left-handed Johnny and the Four-eyed Lion

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex used the glasses when the started the single elimination stage of 9-ball.

He made very few mistakes...won 15-5

Actually I think the glasses came out only in the semis and finals. In the quarter finals he wasn’t wearing them. He complained about a missing a ball in the quarters because he couldn’t see it.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Actually I think the glasses came out only in the semis and finals. In the quarter finals he wasn’t wearing them. He complained about a missing a ball in the quarters because he couldn’t see it.

Could’ve missed that, Gideon......might’ve been outside telling War stories at the smoking table.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
I’d like to have seen this. Alex and John are 2 of my all time favorites. Never heard of Steven holem but I’ll look out for him
Used to play him when he was a kid and give him two ball. Told him he would be Canadian Champ one day and he would give me two. Well that happened. Steven is a great ball striker. Will one day be Canada's best player.

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
Stephen Holem is a beast. Been watching him for awhile now. Saw him live this spring in Niagara. Great player; and the hardest breaker I’ve ever seen. 30mph in game play.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Used to play him when he was a kid and give him two ball. Told him he would be Canadian Champ one day and he would give me two. Well that happened. Steven is a great ball striker. Will one day be Canada's best player.

Stephen Holem is a beast. Been watching him for awhile now. Saw him live this spring in Niagara. Great player; and the hardest breaker I’ve ever seen. 30mph in game play.

Mr Holem has a lot of new fans in Toronto...not just because.of his skill....
...he’s a model pro....somewhat like his uncle Stan.
Alex has great hopes for him.

127230A6-67C1-46DD-A180-991509FFC77F.jpeg

Alex and Johnny won spots in the world 9 and 10-ball championships....
...Alex already has his 9-ball place guaranteed....so Steve may get the extra spot, we hope.

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mr Holem has a lot of new fans in Toronto...not just because.of his skill....

...he’s a model pro....somewhat like his uncle Stan.

Alex has great hopes for him.

View attachment 522844

Alex and Johnny won spots in the world 9 and 10-ball championships....

...Alex already has his 9-ball place guaranteed....so Steve may get the extra spot, we hope.

Stan who? Tourangeau?