What's the best advice you've ever gotten...

Bob Callahan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...for any part of the game (shot making, shape play, mental aspects, gambling...), and any source (books, DVDs, other players, forums...)?

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
Always make em shoot it (even if its a hanger and it's Reyes... Seen him miss it!!) they could miscue, Ball slides... Or just plain miss!!!

Always let the opposing player handle the cueball and object balls first on games forfited (giving up the rack)

Anything $50 or more dollars always make em post (especially people you or nobody else you know knows)

Give your opponent every rule (in their mind) in their favor if you gamble in bars... Also after winning a few buy him and his buds a round :wink:

BLange

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Learn the angles, then learn to jump.... helped me get more hits then I care to remember, now I need to learn how to jump:confused:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lawn_mower.jpg

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best ADVICE

If you gamble , post the money. If I had a dollar for every person I saw stiff someone or who bet money they never had and busted someone, I would be able to buy a nice Zsamboti.

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
luther lassiter told me

mr lassiter was playing a exhibition at imperial billiards, downey ca, and was playing different local players. after he played me, i was begging for any info that might improve my game. his answer.

NEVER MISS AN EASY SHOT

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
You don't have to miss just because you are nervous.
I think I heard it from Donnie Mills on here or chat one.

doitforthegame

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Dad said (many centuries ago it seems): "If they want to bet money that they can beat you with a rake while blindfolded and playing with one hand while upside down.....believe them!"

Saved me a lot of money over the years. Not afraid to play for some cash, but I'll never take a walk with a stranger.

Bob

Last edited: