Restored anniversary

View attachment image.jpg
This table is not just a polished turd......this took 6 months to restore done by myself......and plays perfect.
4-1/2 corners. Brunswick super speed cushions....all walnut wood new.....with new walnut 1/4" capped rails.
Mark Gregory

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Beautiful Mark, see my other comments by your other post. If you need a place to put that table I will take down my GCII so there is ample room to set that one up. An Anniversary or a GCV are probably the only 2 tables I would consider giving up for my GCII.

BBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great looking table Mark, those Anniversary's are the best...

Regards,

Joe G.

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
Very nice, Mark. I've always thought Anniversary tables were some of the nicest looking tables out there. This one certainly is the nicest I've seen.

Not too bad, looks like you know what you are doing. :)

Well....tables are coming out pretty good buddy.
The difference in what I do when I restore anniversary or Centennial tables....are the rails....and not just the cushions.....I change the bolt system....I put new sub rails.....and whatever wood needs to be replaced on the rails
Guys that buy these kind of tables.....love the looks of the table....and that table was made back in the 40s......and there's the problem people are running into when they get the table from guys restoring them....the table still plays like the table did back in the 40s.....not what their wanting.
They want the table look....but they also want that table to play like today's commercial tables.......and that's the difference in the restored tables I do.

I want that table to play great.....and look great as well.
Just things like beefing up the frame....blocking the slates....new screws and bolts.
I guess I go over board to some degree.....but I know what I would want if I were buying the table........and that's the work they get in my restoration.
Mark Gregory

Mark it's always nice to see it done right. Attention to detail obviously is something your very concerned about but not second to playability. It's refreshing to know that your passionate about your work. I've been doing tables for tooooooooo long and I can see excellent work and appreciate all that your doing. Please keep up the beautiful work bringing the icons back with playability in mind. In my opinion it shows integrity and not just trying to make a dollar. Because if no one else knows this.... most true table mechanics barely get by and are ok with it for some reason because inside they get more of a payment for seeing tables play true and accurate. Sad but true. Nothing is sweeter than a perfect bank for shape or third rail straighten out and stretch its legs. Depending on your game. Plain and simply a beautiful table.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Great work!

Mark,

Your work is amazing. I would love to play on one of your tables sometime. I am wondering what you charge for a gem like that?
Great job.

Trent

Mark it's always nice to see it done right. Attention to detail obviously is something your very concerned about but not second to playability. It's refreshing to know that your passionate about your work. I've been doing tables for tooooooooo long and I can see excellent work and appreciate all that your doing. Please keep up the beautiful work bringing the icons back with playability in mind. In my opinion it shows integrity and not just trying to make a dollar. Because if no one else knows this.... most true table mechanics barely get by and are ok with it for some reason because inside they get more of a payment for seeing tables play true and accurate. Sad but true. Nothing is sweeter than a perfect bank for shape or third rail straighten out and stretch its legs. Depending on your game. Plain and simply a beautiful table.

Thank you Jerimy....and coming from such a great table mechanic......it's makes not making money feel just a little better.
Well I may as well let the cat out of the bag.......Jerimy and I are doing a lot of work together and we're going to do some great tables together......as well as offering new rails for GC3 tables coming soon.
This is going to be a big thing for us......why ship the rail to me....when Jerimy and I together.....will ship a new rail....with the pocket size you want and cushions you want.
Coming real soon.....I've been doing things with Jerimy now for about a year....talk about a guy that knows pool tables.....all of them.....this guys by far.....been kept secret for to long......together we have some great ideas.
Just trying to line everything up....and figure out the best way to do the jobs.
It wouldn't be right if I left Glen out....he's a great table mechanic as well....a little crazy.....but top notch mechanic.....but he's getting better....we're speaking again.....and believe me....he's changing his ways for the better.....I'm proud of him.
Don't let me miss lead ya.....I still make a soldier out of him...lol
Mark Gregory

Well said.. couldn't agree more.

Guys that do this work for a living....have a hard time making a living....cause guys that do it part time for the extra money...charging cheaper prices....or just get in this business cause they advertise very well is what hurts guys like us doing top notch work....when we lose a job cause their prices are lower.

Then we get calls and the customer is pissed ...saying I knew I should have had you do the work in the first place.
Then ask what can I do about this table now......when we tell them to have it done the right way and pay again....but even more money.
They get up set and....well I guess I'm just going to live with this shit.

That's why it's hard to make a living doing this work....and it shouldn't be.
But...everyone wants to save money....and I don't blame them...don't ever pay more than the work is worth....but dont try and get something for nothing.
Mark Gregory

Paul Whitaker

Mark did an excellent job.

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg
Mark restored this Anniversary table for me over the past several months. Everything you see and he said is true. I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome. I had another guy cover the table once before finding Mark. There's no comparison. He's the real deal.
Paul Whitaker

dannylee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beautiful table!

Too bad you didn't get pics on the work Mark did underneath the rails. That is where the magic lies :)

That table is incredible. Thank you for sharing!