Robert Byrne Tribute - His Old Table

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thinking of Robert Byrne today.

Here is a picture of Dr. Dave and myself playing on what used to be Bob Byrne's pool table that found its way to Fort Collins, CO a few months ago (notice Bob's books on the table :) ). Dr. Dave is now the proud owner of this beauty where he will continue Bob's legacy; also giving lessons and creating his own billiard related videos. Bob will never be forgotten.

RIP Mr. Byrne, we miss you!

Dr. Dave on the left, Dave Gross (me) on the right.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Some serous pool up in Fort Collins tonight.

>>Dr. Dave-Terrific acquisition. the table looks gorgeous, and it comes with a lot of nice history & provenance

>>Dave G.-That's too much cue for you>>:smile:
Pretty damn smart of you to hook Dr. Dave up with that table>>:D

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Some serous pool up in Fort Collins tonight.

>>Dr. Dave-Terrific acquisition. the table looks gorgeous, and it comes with a lot of nice history & provenance

>>Dave G.-That's too much cue for you>>:smile:
Pretty damn smart of you to hook Dr. Dave up with that table>>:D

Yes, I brought out my fanciest cue for the occasion, but it does have Searing's new Precision tip on it! :) You a funny man...and touching.

Great seeing a pic of you guys and thanks for helping to continue the work of Mr. Byrne.:cool:

Thanks, Mr. Buddy.

Way cool, jr.

Thank you, son.

Paul Schofield

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played Bob Byrne a game of Straight-Pool on that table when I visited him in Dubuque some years back. When you picked the table up (I am assuming you did), did Bob give you a ride in the elevator in his house? He was amused by it. His residence was a converted old commercial downtown building. His wife had an art studio in the lower level. We traded stories for hours.

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I played Bob Byrne a game of Straight-Pool on that table when I visited him in Dubuque some years back. When you picked the table up (I am assuming you did), did Bob give you a ride in the elevator in his house? He was amused by it. His residence was a converted old commercial downtown building. His wife had an art studio in the lower level. We traded stories for hours.

Dr. Dave had a professional pick up the table and install it in his home, but I had the honor of riding that elevator in June 2016. Yes, Bob took great pride in that thing and their home is many levels of cool stuff, including that table. During my visit Bob and Cindy told me they were thinking of selling it so I helped them. It found the perfect home!

Bob and I played 3 cushion at the masonic temple, I got to use his Hall of Fame cue that was made for him by Ray Schuler. Cindy is thinking about selling some of Bob's cues so if you know anyone interested, please PM me and I will pass it on.

Thanks,
Dave

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Here is a picture of Dr. Dave and myself playing on what used to be Bob Byrne's pool table that found its way to Fort Collins, CO a few months ago (notice Bob's books on the table :) ). Dr. Dave is now the proud owner of this beauty where he will continue Bob's legacy; also giving lessons and creating his own billiard related videos. Bob will never be forgotten.

I've heard of playing by the book...but this is ridiculous.
:)

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
That photo came out pretty good, and it is a nice tribute to a great man. I think about him every time I play on his table, and I hope I always do.

Thanks again for playing a part in having me purchase the table. I appreciate it.

Catch you later,
Dave

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
nice to know bob's table will be with dr. dave
a fitting passing to another educator of the game
p.s. dave gross you look great in the photo.....:thumbup:
but i liked that other pic of you from another thread when your hair was alittle longer...:D

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That photo came out pretty good, and it is a nice tribute to a great man. I think about him every time I play on his table, and I hope I always do.

Thanks again for playing a part in having me purchase the table. I appreciate it.

Catch you later,
Dave

It was my pleasure to play a small role in you getting Bob's table, it's where it belongs. Plus, I can come over and play on it from time to time to soak in Bob's (and now yours) spirit.

Dave

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
nice to know bob's table will be with dr. dave
a fitting passing to another educator of the game
p.s. dave gross you look great in the photo.....:thumbup:
but i liked that other pic of you from another thread when your hair was alittle longer...:D

So funny, Larry. I think I was a little younger in that pic! LOL

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bob's table is where it belongs. Thanks for the pic and all of your many contributions to our game.

-Kat,