Waiting for OB cues delivery for over 6 weeks

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been there, done that.

Bought a new shaft from an online shop, had to be custom ordered (30"), so there was a 3 week wait to receive it.

Got it in the mail, took it to the pool hall, the insert was stripped out in the shaft, as in spinning in the wood.

Sent it back, was told no problem, get ya taken care of quickly. I corresponded with them a few days after the date they quoted. EACH TIME THEY QUOTED A NEW DATE.

Ended up being 11-12 weeks before I had a playable shaft from them. They did send some extras, including a blemished shaft they would not sell.

To be blunt however, I would have preferred a refund, and should have asked for one instead. Lesson learned. :thumbup:

Sedog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody else in my situation ?

I ordered a blemished classic shaft on Nov 24 th. I was a little concerned because of some of the comments in another post. I contacted them with my concerns and a few days later I received an email from the president acknowledging the problems they were having. He went on to describe the actions they were taking to solve them. He informed me I would receive an email with a ship date in a couple of days. I received it and it gave me a date for shipping of Jan 15 th. Yesterday I received an email informing me that my shaft had shipped. So, the point is yes they were having some problems, but they are addressing them. I am going to withhold any criticism until and when I have a problem with the shaft. Give this company a chance.

lakeman77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think they are addressing the issues. Few months ago, I ordered a Blem shaft, arrived in 2 days, and recently ordered a sneaky butt, also arrived in two days. Good communication, prompt service.

Last edited:

clickhiker

Registered
Anybody else in my situation ?

------

Yes! Will be two months in a few days for a four-week time-frame order, for a 3/8"x11 joint... Got an e mail a few weeks ago from Shane Sinnott telling me problems were being addressed, and it would ship by yesterday. "As promised last week, I am contacting you to let you know that your order for an OB Shaft will ship no later than 1/11/19." It could have said, "Blah, Blah, Blah!", for its veracity!

I just checked, and order still shows "awaiting shipment", which is what it has said since November 16. They took my money that date. Will NEVER buy an OB product again, after about 9 years of using, and liking their products! I've bought at least 6 shafts over that time, for three cues. At least three shafts, in the last four years directly, and the others, from retail sources. Their business practices are pathetic, and apparently dishonest. I'm guessing there are more cash flow issues, than production problems. Caution is warranted!

They take the money, promise an apparently dishonest delivery date, and then the money is used for???????? They should be discounting all the delayed shipments, and returning a portion of my money! I don't believe the excuses anymore!

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
.....a few days later I received an email from the president acknowledging the problems they were having. He went on to describe the actions they were taking to solve them. He informed me I would receive an email with a ship date in a couple of days. I received it and it gave me a date for shipping of Jan 15 th. Yesterday I received an email informing me that my shaft had shipped. So, the point is yes they were having some problems, but they are addressing them. I am going to withhold any criticism until and when I have a problem with the shaft. Give this company a chance.

When the President gets involved, things happen quickly. Except for building a wall.

Whoops, sorry....wrong President. :)

IMO, you should NEVER be charged until the item is shipped.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I haven’t read the other responses but if it’s only six weeks for you it’s been three to four months for me

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Which OB shaft are yall using?

I've been using OB Classic+ 12.75 for awhile. Looking to try something new.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
I ordered a blemished classic shaft on Nov 24 th. I was a little concerned because of some of the comments in another post. I contacted them with my concerns and a few days later I received an email from the president acknowledging the problems they were having. He went on to describe the actions they were taking to solve them. He informed me I would receive an email with a ship date in a couple of days. I received it and it gave me a date for shipping of Jan 15 th. Yesterday I received an email informing me that my shaft had shipped. So, the point is yes they were having some problems, but they are addressing them. I am going to withhold any criticism until and when I have a problem with the shaft. Give this company a chance.
I ordered a speed break shaft as part of their Labor Day sale. I did not get it until mid November I believe.

I've been playing with it a little over 2 months now, and when I was at the pool room the other day I noticed the shaft was loose after the break. I took a closer look and the insert for the threads in the shaft is completely loose like you described. I can pull it out and push it back in with my fingers. Completely unplayable. I'm debating my next step because I could send it back for warranty repair, but I have no confidence in them at the moment that the job would be done correctly and in a timely fashion. I'd also have to go through the hassle of shipping it. We have a couple of local cue makers/repair men that I might take it to instead.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Klink

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ordered a speed break shaft as part of their Labor Day sale. I did not get it until mid November I believe.

I've been playing with it a little over 2 months now, and when I was at the pool room the other day I noticed the shaft was loose after the break. I took a closer look and the insert for the threads in the shaft is completely loose like you described. I can pull it out and push it back in with my fingers. Completely unplayable. I'm debating my next step because I could send it back for warranty repair, but I have no confidence in them at the moment that the job would be done correctly and in a timely fashion. I'd also have to go through the hassle of shipping it. We have a couple of local cue makers/repair men that I might take it to instead.

I ordered a blem shaft. Waited 6 weeks and asked for a refund.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
I ordered a blem shaft. Waited 6 weeks and asked for a refund.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry I meant to quote the post from Rivercity. Either way it sounds like their QC and CS has taken a big hit.

2/5MR2

amateur
Which OB shaft are yall using?

I've been using OB Classic+ 12.75 for awhile. Looking to try something new.

OB2+. I have a lot of muscle memory for the deflection on that shaft. If I switch I am afraid it will be a while before I can rebuild the same.

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OB Break Shaft

I had to send in my 2 month old break shaft with a ferrule failure. I was hoping to get it back before Derby City, but after reading this, I am not so sure.

Sad because the OB Rift breaks great other than the ferrule failure.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Looks like this, dont it? :thumbup:

44505848961_e0feaf835b_c.jpg

2/5MR2

amateur
2 weeks later nothing. Sales not answering my emails and my order is still listed as 'Awaiting Shipment'.

OB Cues - Order #18920

Your order details are shown below.

Order Status: Awaiting Shipment
Order Date: 26th Nov 2018 @ 11:44 PM

What is worrying me more is that I am still receiving these 'fire sale' emails from them but not at the email address I used to do the order, only to some other email address I gave them some time ago. If they are so far behind on production and shipment, why are they still sending these promos?

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2 weeks later nothing. Sales not answering my emails and my order is still listed as 'Awaiting Shipment'.

OB Cues - Order #18920

Your order details are shown below.

Order Status: Awaiting Shipment
Order Date: 26th Nov 2018 @ 11:44 PM

What is worrying me more is that I am still receiving these 'fire sale' emails from them but not at the email address I used to do the order, only to some other email address I gave them some time ago. If they are so far behind on production and shipment, why are they still sending these promos?

I spoke with someone last week who found my shaft in the receivables, agreed it was a warranty issue and an easy fix and would have it back to me for the start of the Derby. Guess what, Derby starts today.

Not sure I want to call and piss someone off, or just wait it out.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I spoke with someone last week who found my shaft in the receivables, agreed it was a warranty issue and an easy fix and would have it back to me for the start of the Derby. Guess what, Derby starts today.

Not sure I want to call and piss someone off, or just wait it out.

call
squeaky wheels get greased

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OB2+. I have a lot of muscle memory for the deflection on that shaft. If I switch I am afraid it will be a while before I can rebuild the same.

Same here. I have two OB2+ and I alternate between them while one is out getting the tip replaced.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
Looks like this, dont it?

44505848961_e0feaf835b_c.jpg
Yikes. Mine isn't quite that bad, but the insert spins freely when you try to tighten the shaft down, and it slides in and out. If I pulled it all the way out it would probably look like that.