Top 10 14.1 Matches and Mt. Rushmore?

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was listening to one of my favorite sports shows and as you can imagine, it was one of those days were the host had nothing much to talk about and he decided to put together a list of the top 10 HRs of all time in baseball. I enjoy that stuff because I love the history of baseball.

Figured this would be a real nice topic to see what everyone's thoughts are on these subjects.

I'm only 35 years old so I cannot really fill out my list. Of things I've seen, Sigel's 150 and out vs Zuglan has to qualify up there. So does Appleton's 200 and out vs Bustamante.

As for 14.1 Mt Rushmore, I'm sure Mosconi, Mizerak, Sigel, Crane, Varner and a few others' names will pop up. But I can't make the judgement on this.

Again, just a topic to get our thought juices flowing.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Definitley Seigel 150 & Out and another was Thorsten's 152 & Out vs Jim Gotier which is on Youtube with great commentary by David Sapolis and Easy E - Eric Charlton.
There's also Mika vs Seigel where Mika took revenge on Mike Seigel by running a 150 & Out during the Worlds 14.1 at Breaker Billiards which is available on Accu-Stats.

Last edited:

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Evgeny Stalev 150 and out against Mike Davis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pq8v1ZDpDA

goes on to beat his personal record doing a 224 run. some nice problem solving from a creative unorthodox mind (he is a pyramid player first and foremost, not a pool player, and definitely not a straight pool player). and that stroke of his is pure brilliance

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Evgeny Stalev 150 and out against Mike Davis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pq8v1ZDpDA

goes on to beat his personal record doing a 224 run. some nice problem solving from a creative unorthodox mind (he is a pyramid player first and foremost, not a pool player, and definitely not a straight pool player). and that stroke of his is pure brilliance

I completely forgot about this one. I remember watching it and was amazed at how easy Evgeny made the game seem. Just a very smooth game.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Sigel had 150 and out vs. Jim Rempe in 1989 US Open 14.1 Chicago

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
How about this:

The match after Seigel ran 150 & Out against Zuglan, then Zuglan in his very next match runs a 149 and Missed in his match against his opponent. I think it was Mike Massey!

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

151 and out. He started at -1.

[And, yes, the full run was 224. Many people have gotten that wrong.]

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
not in the class of the great players but interesting.
back in the 80's I'm playing Neptune Joe Frady(real good N.J. player).
i'm getting 100 to 80.
he breaks and i run 53 and miss I said take that Joe.
he runs a 100 and out.
needing only 27 balls i figured i was going to win,but when playing real good players you never know.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The pack shot he made to start that run was ridiculous. Called and made a ball in the same pocket he was shooting the cue ball out of, as I recall.

I think it was the 5 ball in the corner.
it was a circus shot.
great run I've watched it several times.
and every time I've watched it he made the 5 ball in the corner.
at one point he almost scratched in the side pocket.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
1979, Balsis 138 and out vs Pete Margo to win from way behind.

1981, Sigel 129 and out down 105-21 to Rempe.

2013? Appleton 200 and out vs Bustamante

As I see it, the Mount Rushmore of 14.1 should consist of Greenleaf, Mosconi, Crane and Sigel.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Irving Crane's 150-and-out against Balsis in the US Open.
I will second that as the ultimate run-out, particularly considering the break shot he made to start that run! Sorry, I just realized I basically posted the same response about a month ago when this thread was started.