GPS Tracker for Cue Case?

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
In light of the stories about cues and cases that were stolen, I'm wondering if anyone has found a good GPS tracker that can be hidden inside your case?

Buckzapper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When it comes to GPS trackers, Spytec has the best. They need to be recharged every 10 days or so and you have to pay a monitoring fee of about $25 per month. You can track it on computer or cell phone. It shows current location and history, both map and landscape modes. Spytec support is just the best.

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
When it comes to GPS trackers, Spytec has the best. They need to be recharged every 10 days or so and you have to pay a monitoring fee of about $25 per month. You can track it on computer or cell phone. It shows current location and history, both map and landscape modes. Spytec support is just the best.

Thank you. I'll look into it.

Anyone else have a recommendation? Was hoping to avoid a residual fee, but maybe that's not possible with decent setups?

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I want a tracking device for my pools cues, not the cases.
Something small enough to fit in the butt cap.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
See about using a tracker device like the vets put in a dog...???? Give it a try, you don't know 'til ya know...

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
See about using a tracker device like the vets put in a dog...???? Give it a try, you don't know 'til ya know...

You can't track a pet chip but you can prove you own what is embedded with the chip. There is one cue maker that did this in the past. If you don't have a rifd reader you have to go visit the Vet and use his.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would suggest the best way to protect expensive cues is a home safe such as a Gun safe bolted to a wall inside a closet/ combined with a home security system that is ALWAYS activated when you are not home. Thieves will NOT hang around long enough to break into home safes once your home alarm is triggered, For billiard hall cue protection you need to just never let your cue and case out of your sight/ or within the site of someone you trust in a billiard room - playing alone? You HAVE to take the cue in the rest room with you- I know that these seem like non tech solutions- but they work and quite frankly- I would not trust a tech solution for ACTUALLY getting my stuff back if it were stolen- I believe in preventing the crime up front- as for parking lot late night hold ups- well that is where my sidearm comes into play. For mailing your stuff- you need to foot the bill for adequate insurance and have pictures of the package and its contents prior to mailing. Sorry, but I just don't trust airline baggage depots and will not fly with my cues. Just ship them ahead insured if really needed,

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can't track a pet chip but you can prove you own what is embedded with the chip. There is one cue maker that did this in the past. If you don't have a rifd reader you have to go visit the Vet and use his.

Yeah, you're right. If you have the dog, you can read the chip to see where it belongs... I wasn't thinking.... it's past my nap.