Remember me??

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
Hey all, Some of you may remember me and some of you are probably new since I was here last. I have been gone for a couple of years but I am looking to ease my way back into the pool and billiards community. If you don't know me my name is Mark Cantrill and I operated the "Legends and Champions Pool Tour" We did a number of things from livestream challenge matches in the beginning of the streaming craze. American Billiard Radio until the untimely death of the producer David (Mr Bond) Bond. Instructional series of dvds with Buddy Hall and Nick Varner. But probably best known for the Exhibition and clinic tours all over the country with Hall of famers and legends such as Buddy Hall, Darren Appleton, Johnny Archer, Nick Varner, John Schmidt, Corey Duel and the one and only Earl Strickland. Where we performed fun shows with audience participation and trick shots. At each stop we would also hold a small clinic for players who wanted to learn and get insight from a World Champion and Hall of Famer. I also wrote a book of short stories from my road trips with these guys a few years ago and just decided to bring it back to life and tell people about it if they have any interest. I will give info below on how to find it on Amazon. Meanwhile keep your eyes out for what we may be up to next. It will be nice to get back to seeing some of the posts from mostly the most knowledgeable pool fans in the world.

Book info
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=mark+can...ix=mark+Cantrill,aps,225&ref=nb_sb_ss_fb_1_13

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey all, Some of you may remember me and some of you are probably new since I was here last. I have been gone for a couple of years but I am looking to ease my way back into the pool and billiards community. If you don't know me my name is Mark Cantrill and I operated the "Legends and Champions Pool Tour" We did a number of things from livestream challenge matches in the beginning of the streaming craze. American Billiard Radio until the untimely death of the producer David (Mr Bond) Bond. Instructional series of dvds with Buddy Hall and Nick Varner. But probably best known for the Exhibition and clinic tours all over the country with Hall of famers and legends such as Buddy Hall, Darren Appleton, Johnny Archer, Nick Varner, John Schmidt, Corey Duel and the one and only Earl Strickland. Where we performed fun shows with audience participation and trick shots. At each stop we would also hold a small clinic for players who wanted to learn and get insight from a World Champion and Hall of Famer. I also wrote a book of short stories from my road trips with these guys a few years ago and just decided to bring it back to life and tell people about it if they have any interest. I will give info below on how to find it on Amazon. Meanwhile keep your eyes out for what we may be up to next. It will be nice to get back to seeing some of the posts from mostly the most knowledgeable pool fans in the world.

Book info
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=mark+can...ix=mark+Cantrill,aps,225&ref=nb_sb_ss_fb_1_13

if you break up your paragraph its easier to read
just sayin
if you are trying to sell us something
making it easier to read is to your benefit
just sayin
trying to be helpfull...:)

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
LOL ok.

if you break up your paragraph its easier to read
just sayin
if you are trying to sell us something
making it easier to read is to your benefit
just sayin
trying to be helpfull...:)

Not really much of a grammar guy I have an editor who helped with that on the book. One of my pet peeves was always people coming on here out of the blue to simply sell something. I am a little guilty of that here. I am really just easing myself back in. Sorry if you could not read my post due to the never ending paragraph. Will try harder next time. thanks for your help.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
I agree Mark. I can't stand it when cough** Bill Curran Glasses ** people come on here and try Bill Curran Glasses to just sell things to others and don't seem to care about pool. You are not one of those Bill Curran Glasses type of guys and people generally appreciated your clinics and input.

Not really much of a grammar guy I have an editor who helped with that on the book. One of my pet peeves was always people coming on here out of the blue to simply sell something. I am a little guilty of that here. I am really just easing myself back in. Sorry if you could not read my post due to the never ending paragraph. Will try harder next time. thanks for your help.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Hey, you aren’t getting off that easily, Mr ....what have you been up to for two years?
...write it down any way you want....then edit before you hit ‘submit’.
....that first draft should be a ‘stream of consciousness’ thing.

You’re allowed a lot of leeway on the web....
....I’m a bit influenced by James Elroy....read “White Jazz”......
...several grammarians have ‘suicide hotline’ on speed-dial because of this book.

pt.....bought your book

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

thanks for the reply

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Does the name of Ruby Begonia strike a familiar note?

Your handle does look familiar and I seem to remember you doing very good things with some of your match-ups.

What I have learned from the internet is to break up big blocks of text even if it isn't the best grammar. Sometimes a paragraph is only a half-dozen words, sometimes it is over a page. Those long paragraphs are usually much more readable chopped into two or three even though the rules of grammar don't call for it.

I sometimes type stream of thought, then chop up the block of text into likely looking smaller blocks, Next I sprinkle a few pinches of commas and periods over the top. Some paprika too but that is mostly for color.

Hu

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Your handle does look familiar and I seem to remember you doing very good things with some of your match-ups.

What I have learned from the internet is to break up big blocks of text even if it isn't the best grammar. Sometimes a paragraph is only a half-dozen words, sometimes it is over a page. Those long paragraphs are usually much more readable chopped into two or three even though the rules of grammar don't call for it.

I sometimes type stream of thought, then chop up the block of text into likely looking smaller blocks, Next I sprinkle a few pinches of commas and periods over the top. Some paprika too but that is mostly for color.

Hu

Ah!,,,,I thought I was aware of you before AZ....the paprika gave it away....

3AA0A0C1-8194-4F77-81F8-ECAB96DB45CF.jpeg

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

Book info

Hey Mark, nice to hear from you. I wondered where you been hiding! :)

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
busted!

LOL Believe it or not I have eaten Hu’s cooking a few years back. Red beans and rice with a side of sausage. It was good enough to make me have seconds!

We need to do that or something similar again, SOON!

PT109, I'm busted! I knew I shoulda kept my mouth shut about the paprika!

Hu