Old
  (#181)
mista335
AzB Silver Member
mista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond repute
 
mista335's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 356
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sydney
   
05-25-2019, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianEye View Post
So, what is your incessant badgering on here going to do about anything?

Why don't you let it die?

Are you obsessed?

Do you need an intervention of some sort?
He's on a crusade.

His daily vigil is to protect everyone from the evils of CTE.

Most people would say their piece and move on.

He says the same things over and over again on a daily basis destroying any CTE discussion. So many people just don't post here anymore.

English was like that and he got a long holiday from the moderators but he seems to be getting a free ride doing the same thing.
  
Reply With Quote

Old
  (#182)
Dan White
AzB Silver Member
Dan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond repute
 
Dan White's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3,665
vCash: 500
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Join Date: Oct 2005
   
05-26-2019, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie man View Post
Again, you are misinterpreting what Stan said in the video. Everything you can imagine about the system will be thoroughly explained in the book. But, if you really think the book won't resolve anything in your mind, why not just let it go and get on with your life?
If the book takes another 3 years are you going to spend the next 3 years obsessing?

The "how" it works will be explained thoroughly.
The "why" it works we may never know. And most of us will never care.
I'm misinterpreting what Stan said? Really? How so? In bold above you just said the exact same thing I did. Stan said essentially that the math and science has not caught up with how CTE works and so any explanation through science is impossible. At some time in the future some smart mathematician might figure it out but until that time it will remain a mystery and the book will NOT get into WHY it works, only how to do it. That is not a quote but is an accurate summary of what Stan and you just said.

So, again, how did I misinterpret Stan?


Dan White
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#183)
Dan White
AzB Silver Member
Dan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond repute
 
Dan White's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3,665
vCash: 500
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Join Date: Oct 2005
   
05-26-2019, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mista335 View Post
He's on a crusade.

His daily vigil is to protect everyone from the evils of CTE.

Most people would say their piece and move on.

He says the same things over and over again on a daily basis destroying any CTE discussion. So many people just don't post here anymore.

English was like that and he got a long holiday from the moderators but he seems to be getting a free ride doing the same thing.
You guys all sound like the crazy democrats in congress with the name calling and misdirection aimed at covering up their own nefarious activity.

It's all very simple. New people come to this forum all the time trying to learn how to aim. Stan sells CTE as an aiming system and implies that all professional players use this system but won't tell anybody. He tells potential customers that the system is 100% objective, meaning that all they have to do is follow the steps like 1,2,3 and if they simply pick the correct perception that the ball will go in the pocket. There is no need to make fine adjustments based on experience or rote learning. As long as you can see the perception correctly and stroke the cue straight the balls will go in automatically because the pockets are at the corners of a 2:1 ratio table.

Many of us believe this to be false and have shown as such in many different ways. This provides more information for those new players considering to put forth a considerable amount of time and effort to learn this system. For me personally, it boils down to a logical inconsistency that can be summed up very easily: If Stan concedes that he does not understand why CTE works for him, then how can he make the claim that it is 100% objective and unlike any other aiming method? As some of us have been arguing, it very well may require subjective adjustments either in set up or delivery of the cue, which would make CTE no different than any other method (well, it could even be counterproductive, but that's another discussion).

Stan and his supporters have the ability to end the arguments but choose not to. All it would take is to stop making claims about objectivity that they cannot back up. If you don't know how something works you can't go on telling everybody how it works. Is that so hard to understand? I'm apparently a stupid person who needs mental help and even I understand that.

Maybe you guys should worry less about what I post and think more about how CTE is being presented. I know you won't come clean because you don't want to be excommunicated by Stan. I've seen it happen. If Stan says it (like he can't explain how it works) then you guys can say it, but otherwise you have to watch what you say. That's sad.


Dan White
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#184)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member
cookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond repute
 
cookie man's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 4,368
vCash: 500
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Palm Harbor Florida
   
05-26-2019, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan White View Post
I'm misinterpreting what Stan said? Really? How so? In bold above you just said the exact same thing I did. Stan said essentially that the math and science has not caught up with how CTE works and so any explanation through science is impossible. At some time in the future some smart mathematician might figure it out but until that time it will remain a mystery and the book will NOT get into WHY it works, only how to do it. That is not a quote but is an accurate summary of what Stan and you just said.

So, again, how did I misinterpret Stan?
You keep assuming he's not going to answer some kind of question when it's clear that CTE will be explained thoroughly.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#185)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member
cookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond repute
 
cookie man's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 4,368
vCash: 500
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Palm Harbor Florida
   
05-26-2019, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan White View Post
You guys all sound like the crazy democrats in congress with the name calling and misdirection aimed at covering up their own nefarious activity.

It's all very simple. New people come to this forum all the time trying to learn how to aim. Stan sells CTE as an aiming system and implies that all professional players use this system but won't tell anybody. He tells potential customers that the system is 100% objective, meaning that all they have to do is follow the steps like 1,2,3 and if they simply pick the correct perception that the ball will go in the pocket. There is no need to make fine adjustments based on experience or rote learning. As long as you can see the perception correctly and stroke the cue straight the balls will go in automatically because the pockets are at the corners of a 2:1 ratio table.

Many of us believe this to be false and have shown as such in many different ways. This provides more information for those new players considering to put forth a considerable amount of time and effort to learn this system. For me personally, it boils down to a logical inconsistency that can be summed up very easily: If Stan concedes that he does not understand why CTE works for him, then how can he make the claim that it is 100% objective and unlike any other aiming method? As some of us have been arguing, it very well may require subjective adjustments either in set up or delivery of the cue, which would make CTE no different than any other method (well, it could even be counterproductive, but that's another discussion).

Stan and his supporters have the ability to end the arguments but choose not to. All it would take is to stop making claims about objectivity that they cannot back up. If you don't know how something works you can't go on telling everybody how it works. Is that so hard to understand? I'm apparently a stupid person who needs mental help and even I understand that.

Maybe you guys should worry less about what I post and think more about how CTE is being presented. I know you won't come clean because you don't want to be excommunicated by Stan. I've seen it happen. If Stan says it (like he can't explain how it works) then you guys can say it, but otherwise you have to watch what you say. That's sad.
Lots of false assumptions here from a guy that has never properly learned or understood CTE.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#186)
Low500
AzB Silver Member
Low500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,356
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Apr 2017
   
05-26-2019, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie man View Post
Lots of false assumptions here from a guy that has never properly learned or understood CTE.
It's a crusade.
The daily vigil is to protect everyone from the evils of CTE.
Most people would say what they have to say, let it go, forget about it, and move on.
Saying the same things, positioned as "intelligent scientific inquiry" over and over again on a daily basis....for years.
Obsessive compulsive disorder, manic depressive, borderline psychotic. ???
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#187)
mista335
AzB Silver Member
mista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond repute
 
mista335's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 356
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sydney
   
05-26-2019, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan White View Post
It's all very simple. New people come to this forum all the time trying to learn how to aim. Stan sells CTE as an aiming system and implies that all professional players use this system but won't tell anybody. He tells potential customers that the system is 100% objective, meaning that all they have to do is follow the steps like 1,2,3 and if they simply pick the correct perception that the ball will go in the pocket. There is no need to make fine adjustments based on experience or rote learning. As long as you can see the perception correctly and stroke the cue straight the balls will go in automatically because the pockets are at the corners of a 2:1 ratio table.
Just can't help yourself can you Dan?

You have to reply to every CTE post.

The pointless crusade continues...
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#188)
Dan White
AzB Silver Member
Dan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond repute
 
Dan White's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3,665
vCash: 500
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Join Date: Oct 2005
   
05-26-2019, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mista335 View Post
Just can't help yourself can you Dan?

You have to reply to every CTE post.

The pointless crusade continues...
So in your world looking for the truth is an endless Crusade? Is William Barr on an endless Crusade?


Dan White

Last edited by Dan White; 05-27-2019 at 05:00 AM.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#189)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute
 
Patrick Johnson's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 19,294
vCash: 1700
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Jun 2007
   
05-26-2019, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie man View Post
Lots of false assumptions here from a guy that has never properly learned or understood CTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low500 View Post
Saying the same things, positioned as "intelligent scientific inquiry" over and over again on a daily basis....for years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mista335 View Post
The pointless crusade continues...
...and none of you understands a word to this day. Perfect customers for Stan's mystery system from another dimension.

pj
chgo
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#190)
Low500
AzB Silver Member
Low500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,356
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Apr 2017
   
05-26-2019, 10:15 AM

-----------------------------------

Last edited by Low500; 06-11-2019 at 01:56 PM.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#191)
mista335
AzB Silver Member
mista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond repute
 
mista335's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 356
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sydney
   
05-26-2019, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan White View Post
So in your world looking for the truth is an endless Crusade? Is Bob Barr on an endless Crusade?
Who the hell is Bob Barr?
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#192)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member
cookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond repute
 
cookie man's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 4,368
vCash: 500
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Palm Harbor Florida
   
05-27-2019, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
...and none of you understands a word to this day. Perfect customers for Stan's mystery system from another dimension.

pj
chgo
So you are saying we should agree with Dan who obviously has an obsession against CTE. Who obviously has no proper knowledge or training with CTE. A guy who constantly makes false claims against CTE. Shall i go on.

That's the kind of poster you want us ALL to agree with. Yep i see now how we are the problem.

Wow, i just reread that, am i talking about Dan or you PJ.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#193)
Dan White
AzB Silver Member
Dan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond repute
 
Dan White's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3,665
vCash: 500
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Join Date: Oct 2005
   
05-27-2019, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low500 View Post
“How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.”
― Anne Frank: Anne Frank's tales from the secret annex.
Attachment 521047
You know I was banned for a month because I posted a photo that I thought was funny and didn't actually insult anybody. I wonder what the moderators will think of your continued use of photos calling people mentally ill. I'm not going to pretend like I'm all insulted and report the photo but we'll see what happens.


Dan White
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#194)
Dan White
AzB Silver Member
Dan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond repute
 
Dan White's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3,665
vCash: 500
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Join Date: Oct 2005
   
05-27-2019, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie man View Post
So you are saying we should agree with Dan who obviously has an obsession against CTE. Who obviously has no proper knowledge or training with CTE. A guy who constantly makes false claims against CTE. Shall i go on.

That's the kind of poster you want us ALL to agree with. Yep i see now how we are the problem.

Wow, i just reread that, am i talking about Dan or you PJ.
I would just like to make an observation for newer players looking into CTE. Look at cookie's posts over the last week or two. Can you find a single post where he actually discusses CTE and answers questions or at least tries to resolve differences? His only tool is to attack the messenger with silly stuff like the above.


Dan White
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#195)
Dan White
AzB Silver Member
Dan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond repute
 
Dan White's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3,665
vCash: 500
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Join Date: Oct 2005
   
05-27-2019, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mista335 View Post
Who the hell is Bob Barr?
Typo. Meant Bill (William) Barr, the new US Attorney General. Bob Barr is a congressman.


Dan White
  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 13 of 15 « First 3111213 1415

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.