Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Starting treatment on Monday
Page 12 of 21 « First 2101112 1314 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#166)
Dead Money
AzB Silver Member
Dead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

05-26-2019, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickin' Chicken View Post
Knocking around some threads on azb can be frustrating at times for all of the pettiness but then I come back on here and see the true heart of azb, and it renews my faith in what a good group we have here.

And no one has more heart than you, Michael.

I admire how you are handling this with such grace and especially hanging on to your good humor even when things are far from being funny.

Lots of positive thoughts and prayers coming your way, Sir.

You got this!

best,
brian kc
Amen. I agree 100% even though I have been on a pool break for a while. That is why I still come thru almost every day.

Old
  (#167)
Dead Money
AzB Silver Member
Dead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond repute

05-26-2019, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Andros View Post
Funny you should use that analogy, as that is *exactly* the image I had in my mind when my radiation oncologist said "You're getting a feeding tube."

Yep!! The jugs I have seen are around that size too. The stuff in there Looks kind of like a milkshake. .

Old
  (#168)
Michael Andros
tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Michael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-26-2019, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Money View Post
Yep!! The jugs I have seen are around that size too. The stuff in there Looks kind of like a milkshake. .
They've sent me **FOUR** cases of it. I suppose I'm happy I won't be able to taste it. Yeah, it's "chocolate" but I've heard it's pretty nasty stuff. Won't matter, though, as long as I can get nutrition in me. I'm so weak, physically, from eating nothing these past 3 weeks, I can't even stand up for more than a few minutes. The wife and I went to the room to play a bit last evening to get out of the house and had to pull up after 20 minutes. I just couldn't stand up. Soooooooooo... the sooner I get that stuff in me, the better.

Player: Sideways JossWest
Player: Dave Brainard Titlist conversion
Player: Tad model Tad-4-P
Player: Meucci / Huebler QB-12
Player: Joss 10-08
Player: Meucci custom
Case: Fellini 1x2
Case: Katana 2x4

"Nobody in the world is going to do anything but sit and watch... while you run out."

~ Tony Proestos ~

"Play me a long race and I'll turn you into a cab driver."

~ Earl Strickland ~

"The secret to winning one pocket? Run more 8 and outs."

~ Ronnie Allen ~

Old
  (#169)
Dead Money
AzB Silver Member

05-26-2019, 05:15 PM

Quote:
They've sent me **FOUR** cases of it. I suppose I'm happy I won't be able to taste it. Yeah, it's "chocolate" but I've heard it's pretty nasty stuff. Won't matter, though, as long as I can get nutrition in me. I'm so weak, physically, from eating nothing these past 3 weeks, I can't even stand up for more than a few minutes. The wife and I went to the room to play a bit last evening to get out of the house and had to pull up after 20 minutes. I just couldn't stand up. Soooooooooo... the sooner I get that stuff in me, the better.

Sounds like you are all set.

Old
  (#170)
Michael Andros
Michael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond repute

05-26-2019, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Money View Post
Sounds like you are all set.
Yeah... it'll be a relief. But again, I feel like I'm giving up a game or two on the wire. That bothers me, but... what the hell, right? Any port in a storm. Especially if you're starving!

"Nobody in the world is going to do anything but sit and watch... while you run out."

~ Tony Proestos ~

~ Earl Strickland ~

~ Ronnie Allen ~

Old
  (#171)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

05-26-2019, 06:53 PM

Just was talking to an old friend last night at the pool hall...Chinese Jamaican...
...lived in Canada for 20 years...he and his wife opened up the most popular restaurant
and night spot in Kingston, Jamaica a few years ago.
He started to visit a lot in the last year...grew a beard..finally told me he was undergoing
cancer treatment...well, last night he was clean shaven and his wife had flown in.
...told me he was 100% cancer free.
...so I told him “I guess you’re worried that some of your employees are driving new cars.”
...he grinned, said “Yep, that’s when I knew I was getting better.”

pt...looking to hear the same report from Michael

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#172)
Michael Andros

05-26-2019, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
Just was talking to an old friend last night at the pool hall...Chinese Jamaican...
...lived in Canada for 20 years...he and his wife opened up the most popular restaurant
and night spot in Kingston, Jamaica a few years ago.
He started to visit a lot in the last year...grew a beard..finally told me he was undergoing
cancer treatment...well, last night he was clean shaven and his wife had flown in.
...told me he was 100% cancer free.
...so I told him “I guess you’re worried that some of your employees are driving new cars.”
...he grinned, said “Yep, that’s when I knew I was getting better.”

pt...looking to hear the same report from Michael
I am on the road to recovery, PT, I promise you!

This ain't keepin' ME down!

~ Tony Proestos ~

~ Earl Strickland ~

~ Ronnie Allen ~

Old
  (#173)
Runner
AzB Silver Member
Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond repute

05-26-2019, 07:16 PM

Yeah, can't wait for the 'all clear' from Michael, followed
by "guess what, I'm breaking and running out 9 ball, playing
runout 1 Pocket.. who wants some?" stay frosty, Mike!

Old
  (#174)
Michael Andros

05-27-2019, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Yeah, can't wait for the 'all clear' from Michael, followed
by "guess what, I'm breaking and running out 9 ball, playing
runout 1 Pocket.. who wants some?" stay frosty, Mike!
It's -20 degrees in here, Runner! I'm COLLLDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!

~ Tony Proestos ~

~ Earl Strickland ~

~ Ronnie Allen ~

Old
  (#175)
JAM
On the Hill
JAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 325

05-27-2019, 05:30 AM

Here's sending some positive vibes and prayers your way for a speedy recovery!
Keep strong and think positive thoughts.

We're all in your corner and will be there when you reach the finish line and beat this.

Old
  (#176)
Michael Andros

05-27-2019, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM View Post
Here's sending some positive vibes and prayers your way for a speedy recovery!
Keep strong and think positive thoughts.

We're all in your corner and will be there when you reach the finish line and beat this.
Thank you Jennie. That means an awful lot, as I'm sure you already know. I'll be out the other side of this in no time. Then I'll be back to boring everyone here to tears the way it SHOULD be done!!!

~ Tony Proestos ~

~ Earl Strickland ~

~ Ronnie Allen ~

Old
  (#177)
Michael Andros

05-27-2019, 01:14 PM

Today was my 4th chemo. 3 to go. I weighed in at 202. I was 237 on May 6th, so 35 lbs in 3 1/2 weeks. Not good. But getting the feeding tube tomorrow at 1pm, so I'll be putting on weight again very soon. Plus I won't feel like I'm starving all the time, either.

Bumpy flight so far but I'm beginning to see the landing strip lights down through the clouds. Pretty soon the stew will announce it's time to put the seats upright and fasten the seat belts.

Homeward bound...

~ Tony Proestos ~

~ Earl Strickland ~

~ Ronnie Allen ~

Old
  (#178)
Michael Andros

05-27-2019, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Today was my 4th chemo. 3 to go. I weighed in at 202. I was 237 on May 6th, so 35 lbs in 3 1/2 weeks. Not good. But getting the feeding tube tomorrow at 1pm, so I'll be putting on weight again very soon. Plus I won't feel like I'm starving all the time, either.

Bumpy flight so far but I'm beginning to see the landing strip lights down through the clouds. Pretty soon the stew will announce it's time to put the seats upright and fasten the seat belts.

Homeward bound...
230am and I'm here instead of sleeping. Just woke up @ 30 mins ago and couldn't fall back so here I am. Have to get up at 615 to leave for the hospital at 7. The fun starts with blood drawn at 9am, then see the nutritionist, then radiation, then surgery prep for the feeding tube which is set for 1pm. Then an hour of additional fluids ( saline water ) I.V. then finally home.

Going to be a loonnngggggggggg day and I'm here, catching up on the 626 run.

I must be nuts...

~ Tony Proestos ~

~ Earl Strickland ~

~ Ronnie Allen ~

Last edited by Michael Andros; 05-27-2019 at 11:45 PM.

Old
  (#179)
Runner
AzB Silver Member
Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond repute

05-28-2019, 09:21 AM

Quote:
230am and I'm here instead of sleeping. Just woke up @ 30 mins ago and couldn't fall back so here I am. Have to get up at 615 to leave for the hospital at 7. The fun starts with blood drawn at 9am, then see the nutritionist, then radiation, then surgery prep for the feeding tube which is set for 1pm. Then an hour of additional fluids ( saline water ) I.V. then finally home.

Going to be a loonnngggggggggg day and I'm here, catching up on the 626 run.

I must be nuts...
You got this, Michael...

Old
  (#180)
Brookeland Bill
AzB Silver Member
Brookeland Bill has a reputation beyond reputeBrookeland Bill has a reputation beyond reputeBrookeland Bill has a reputation beyond reputeBrookeland Bill has a reputation beyond reputeBrookeland Bill has a reputation beyond reputeBrookeland Bill has a reputation beyond reputeBrookeland Bill has a reputation beyond reputeBrookeland Bill has a reputation beyond reputeBrookeland Bill has a reputation beyond reputeBrookeland Bill has a reputation beyond reputeBrookeland Bill has a reputation beyond repute

05-28-2019, 02:06 PM

Stay strong and keep us posted.

Olivier Sneaky Pete
Olivier Custom Four Point
Espirito
Jackson

Page 12 of 21 « First 2101112 1314 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: