Moving to Rochester, NY

JohnDoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys, as the title of the thread says, I'm movin' on up to upstate New York and was wondering if anyone knew of some good rooms in Rochester. I hear Classic Billiards was the place to go, but it has recently closed. Anything else in the city or surrounding suburbs that I should take a look at? Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Krishna

JohnDoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hmm... Thanks for the info. A quick google search shows a Camelot Billiards at 529 Ridge Rd in Greece, but can't find any other info. Is it already open or in the process of opening?

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
There's a long time member here, his handle is cardiac kid, that I think lives in Rochester and Las Vegas. If I was moving to Rochester, I think I'd shoot him a PM because I think he knows what's what.

Kevin

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Camelot Billiards is open on East Ridge Road in Rochester. Not West Ridge in Greece. About eight miles between the two locations. Classic is definately closed. All equipment moved to Brockport, NY. About twenty miles West of the old location.

Twelve GC V, four Diamond Smarts and ten Valley BB. No liquor yet. Coffee's good though. Check it out Thursday nights. Nearly all of Rochester's best will be there. Somewhat unique tournament format on BB's.

Lyn

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Camelot Billiards is open on East Ridge Road in Rochester. Not West Ridge in Greece. About eight miles between the two locations. Classic is definately closed. All equipment moved to Brockport, NY. About twenty miles West of the old location.

Twelve GC V, four Diamond Smarts and ten Valley BB. No liquor yet. Coffee's good though. Check it out Thursday nights. Nearly all of Rochester's best will be there. Somewhat unique tournament format on BB's.

Lyn

Lyn

That's what I'm talking about.

Kevin

TommyT

Obsessed
Silver Member
Camelot Billiards

Classics has now closed and it was a sad day for the billiard community in the area. It was a room that had a lot of history and characters that frequented it through the years.

The good news is that Camelot Billiards opened and it has 12 GC 5's and 4 Diamond Pro's. Also they have about 10 Valley barboxes. Bruce Prince is the houseman and runs a great room.

Be sure to stop in and there is always a game available. We play all the games including Banks, 14.1, one hole 8& 9 ball. If you have a favorite game you will find someone to play cheap sets.

Welcome to Rochchacha.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Classics has now closed and it was a sad day for the billiard community in the area. It was a room that had a lot of history and characters that frequented it through the years.

The good news is that Camelot Billiards opened and it has 12 GC 5's and 4 Diamond Pro's. Also they have about 10 Valley barboxes. Bruce Prince is the houseman and runs a great room.

Be sure to stop in and there is always a game available. We play all the games including Banks, 14.1, one hole 8& 9 ball. If you have a favorite game you will find someone to play cheap sets.

Welcome to Rochchacha.

When you are talking history and characters, you talking Siegal and Hubbard and what ? Crane ?

Thanks

Kevin

JohnDoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for all the information guys. I'm very excited about this move, can't wait to get up there. I have about ten days before I start working in which time I have to go to the DMV and setup my apartment, but that still leaves plenty of time to check out Camelot.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
When you are talking history and characters, you talking Siegal and Hubbard and what ? Crane ?

Thanks

Kevin

Feel the need to add a couple names to that list...
Ron Casanzio..the best player out of this city for a long time...
...might belong on the unknown 'monster players' thread.
Pat Howie...He and Mike Segal ran a lot of hundreds at each other..rip

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Feel the need to add a couple names to that list...
Ron Casanzio..the best player out of this city for a long time...
...might belong on the unknown 'monster players' thread.
Pat Howie...He and Mike Segal ran a lot of hundreds at each other..rip

"Julio" Casanzio was one of those guys who just seemed to get better and better every year, for years! I always looked forward to seeing Ron at the NYS 9 Ball Championship in Binghamton. Pat Howie also, Sigel on a very few occasions.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
"Julio" Casanzio was one of those guys who just seemed to get better and better every year, for years! I always looked forward to seeing Ron at the NYS 9 Ball Championship in Binghamton. Pat Howie also, Sigel on a very few occasions.

I hate misspelling a man's name....
...must have got Mike Sigel mixed up with Stephen Segal....:eek:

and as tough as 'Segal' is...'Sigel' busted more pool halls ..:grin:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
John Doe, if you do happen to run into Lyn (Cardiac Kid) at one of those joints in Rochester, be sure to give him a little courtesy weight. The poor old fellow is getting to the point where skills are fading.

And don't believe the stories some folks might tell you about how he played Hatch in their last few matches. :D :grin-square:

G/L with your move.

Best,
Brian kc

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Brian,

I resemble that remark!!!! I'll be sure to say hello to John Doe when he arrives here in Rochester.

Are you going to the Valley Forge 8 Ball? One of my friends asked me to go with him. Makes it much easier to split expenses. Didn't do great at the BCAPL's. With the money from the 14.1 event, I literally broke even for the eight days. Oh well. Could have done much worse.

Incidentally, I think the orange crush is my new courtesy weight. OK, maybe the green machine. Well, I love burgandy. Dennis who?

Lyn

JohnDoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey everyone,

I'm almost done settling into my new place. I will try to stop by Camelot tonight, hope to see some people around. The name is Krishna btw.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pt109...Not to pick, but it's STEVEN Segal, not Stephen...and no, he cannot play even a lick of pool! He is, however, a celebrity up in itty bitty Ennis MT, where he has a big ranch! LOL :D

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

I hate misspelling a man's name....
...must have got Mike Sigel mixed up with Stephen Segal....:eek:

and as tough as 'Segal' is...'Sigel' busted more pool halls ..:grin:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lyn...We passed in the hallway a couple of times, and you were coming out the elevator, going into the underground parking garage at the Riv, while I was coming out...but you were busy on the phone, and didn't look too happy, so I didn't bother you! See ya next time! :thumbup:

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Didn't do great at the BCAPL's. With the money from the 14.1 event, I literally broke even for the eight days. Oh well. Could have done much worse.

Lyn