Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Instruction & Ask the pros > Aiming Conversation
Reload this Page CTE Does NOT Work - It Did For One Pro
Page 35 of 35 « First 25333435

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#511)
8pack
They call me 2 county !
8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-07-2020, 06:33 AM

Wish someone who uses cte would name these alignments.
Attached Images

Everyone has photographic memory; some just don't have the film.

Old
  (#512)
SpiderWebComm
HelpImBeingOppressed
SpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1275

06-07-2020, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie man View Post
Talk about narcissistic and the need for it to be your way or the highway.
Lies Lies Lies and more Lies. You have proven nothing and no one has been asked to report you.In fact no one has to be asked to report you, your posts just beg people to report you. Time for you to stop the constant harassment of Stan and get over it already.
So you self reported yourself lmao. Played the "innocent Dan" card directly to the Mod, that's a good one.

The only reporting being done is Dan White reporting every single thing he can like throwing slop on the wall to see what sticks.

Yesterday he posted that he reported a thread Low started and to have it moved to NPR. Well it did get deleted out of the aiming forum and then found it's way floating off to the far reaches of the universe because nothing went to NPR.

I don't know how he posts the things he does and gets away with it whether they get reported or not. When they are reported, nothing happens.

Yeah, he got banned a few times but they were such short periods of time like no others that it seemed as if it was for show. The Ban times have never been seen before or after.

He even had the nerve to attack Mike Howerton on NPR by telling him "HE WAS THE PROBLEM", which only got him a one month ban. The thread and post is now gone. How in the hell do you say that to the owner/administrator of the forum and get away with it?

Are you kidding me? Is something more going on behind the scenes which allows him to do and say the things he does and gets away with it?

Viffer: The Movie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JFIy2ebJIE

Old
  (#513)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

06-07-2020, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderWebComm View Post
Back to your old ways I see. That vow to steer clear didn't last very long. But who didn't know it wouldn't be held to. Get a life Brian. Find a new love to fill your time and energy.
Wrong, again. I am talking about compensating for throw, a shot where more than a normal amount of CIT will occur. It has nothing to do with CTE Pro1, other than fact it's an aiming system, like Poolology, that accounts for a normal amount of throw. Any shot where the player realizes more than normal throw will occur, the player must know how to account for it or the shot will come off too fat.

There are 3 or 4 ways to deal with it: Use back spin/draw, use outside english to counter the throw or inside english to squirt the cb a little so that it strikes the ob thinner, or align to slightly overcut the ob (instead of aiming to hit center pocket you actually aim right or left of center pocket, sometimes even as much as an inch or two outside the pocket -- it's experience-based).

How is this "totally incorrect"? Lol

Old
  (#514)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

06-07-2020, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie man View Post
Really.. Cause all i've seen the last week is Stan being very patient and nicely answering all questions. Doing so in spite of the constant attacks and derogatory comments about CTE.
He has been very patient and kind. And I wasn't attacking him. Question and debate is not attacking. But it appears he can't debate because he believes his opinion is supreme.
There is no debating someone that refuses to acknowledge or admit valid points made by others. Could just be a misunderstanding of words, so I'll rephrase the back and forth...

Stan posted that pro players use 3 ways to deal with CIT when required. I posted that normally it's not even something that an experienced player has to think about, except on shots where excessive CIT will occur. This is where experience is used, knowing when and how to compensate for CIT, regardless of aiming method.

CTE perceptions supposedly provide for a slight overcut on every shot, automatically compensating for a normal amount of CIT and providing "center pocket" results, even as the shot angle approaches the limitations of a certain perception. I'm not questioning or arguing that stuff anymore. But I'm certainly going to debate or question the fact that on shots where more than normal CIT will occur, a CTE player will have to adjust something to account for the extra throw.

A CTE player can either tweak the visuals by a tick or so, or tweak the sweep or pivot, or use cb spin or whatever in order to make the shot a touch thinner than the system would otherwise provide. It's no different for us experienced fractional users or contact point or ghostball users tweaking our shot line a tick or so, or using spin, to make the ob go a touch thinner than what our system or method would normally provide. Our normal includes a slight overcut to account for a normal amount of CIT. Experience is what ingrained this into whatever aiming method we're using, meaning we don't think about or compensate for normal throw.

Of course if an inexperienced player is guessing on a shot line, then any adjustment for excessive CIT is not based on a known shot line, and the results are subject to inconsistency based on inconsistent guesswork. For average and below average players it's good to work with a system that provides a known aim line, a shot line, without relying on experience or guesswork, especially if a built in overcut is involved to handle the typical amount of CIT that occurs on most shots. But when it comes to compensating for excessive CIT, squirt, deflection, etc... experience is still a must. The experienced player very rarely guesses at how to aim any open shot, regardless of what aiming method they're using, and they have a more solid database of knowledge available when the shot needs tweaked to account for more than normal amounts of throw.

Last edited by BC21; 06-08-2020 at 04:19 AM.

Old
  (#515)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute

06-07-2020, 01:07 PM

Quote:
The only reporting being done is Dan White reporting every single thing he can like throwing slop on the wall to see what sticks.

Yesterday he posted that he reported a thread Low started and to have it moved to NPR. Well it did get deleted out of the aiming forum and then found it's way floating off to the far reaches of the universe because nothing went to NPR.

I don't know how he posts the things he does and gets away with it whether they get reported or not. When they are reported, nothing happens.

Yeah, he got banned a few times but they were such short periods of time like no others that it seemed as if it was for show. The Ban times have never been seen before or after.

He even had the nerve to attack Mike Howerton on NPR by telling him "HE WAS THE PROBLEM", which only got him a one month ban. The thread and post is now gone. How in the hell do you say that to the owner/administrator of the forum and get away with it?

Are you kidding me? Is something more going on behind the scenes which allows him to do and say the things he does and gets away with it?

wow.

Paranoid much.

Lou Figueroa

Old
  (#516)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

06-07-2020, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deruki View Post
Stan I purchased two of your DVD's and just couldn't get a grasp on what it's all about. Watched them until my ears bled.

Thanks
I wonder what the percentage of the people who bought the two dvd's have the same experience.
The whole system SHOULD be described in some graphics or diagram.
Then again, they are saying now, THE SUBCONSCIOUS is a factor .
Well, you can't diagram that.

If you don't get it, it must be your subconscious .

Old
  (#517)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-07-2020, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pack View Post
Wish someone who uses cte would name these alignments.
Here's how the cut angles in this diagram...

Name:  cte.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  117.1 KB

...compare to their nearest fractional reference angle:

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 158
Size:  48.2 KB

1. Thinner than straight
2. Thicker than 3/4
3. Thinner than 3/4
4. Thicker than 1/2
5. Thinner than 1/2
6. Thinner than 1/2

pj
chgo

Last edited by Patrick Johnson; 06-07-2020 at 05:06 PM.

Old
  (#518)
Dan White
AzB Silver Member
Dan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond repute

06-07-2020, 04:18 PM

Quote:

It was three months and Mike's actions overall prove that he does not condone racism on AZ.

Dan White

Old
  (#519)
bbb
AzB Silver Member

bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

06-07-2020, 05:12 PM

Old
  (#520)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member
AtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond repute

06-07-2020, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
It looks like you are measuring the cut angles from the line through center CB and center OB (as in the pictures) rather than the line through center CB and center ghost ball (the shot line). So the true cut angles from those positions are all a little larger than you show.

(e.g., about 29 for #4, about 40 for #6, ignoring throw)

Old
  (#521)
8pack
They call me 2 county !
8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute

06-07-2020, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post

Attachment 550232

...compare to their nearest fractional reference angle:

Attachment 550230

1. Thinner than straight
2. Thicker than 3/4
3. Thinner than 3/4
4. Thicker than 1/2
5. Thinner than 1/2
6. Thinner than 1/2

pj
chgo
Thanks.

What Im really wanting to know is the pro1 alignments.

Nothing...not a word.

Not choosing sides here...just maybe a few questions.

Who cares how you get it done...really.

These guys I feel are scared of the truth.

The truth...you adjust on your alignment..who gives a shit.
You get good at ...good for you.

End of story.

You've been wrong before..its gonna hurt so bad you cant be wrong again.

Everyone has photographic memory; some just don't have the film.

Old
  (#522)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

06-07-2020, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pack View Post
Thanks.

What Im really wanting to know is the pro1 alignments.
Since Pro1’s “perceptions” key off the same reference angles (3/4 fraction = A/15 perception, 1/2 fraction = B/30 perception, etc.), the equivalent Pro1 alignment should be the same “perceptions” with added “inside/outside” pivots.

pj <- not that they’ll ever admit something so Muggleish
chgo

Last edited by Patrick Johnson; 06-07-2020 at 07:49 PM.

Where is the racism in my posting?
Old
  (#523)
Low500
AzB Silver Member
Low500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond repute

Where is the racism in my posting? - 06-07-2020, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan White View Post
It was three months and Mike's actions overall prove that he does not condone racism on AZ.
Okay White...you opened this up and I will close it.
Your oblique implication that the post of mine you reported and had eliminated was some form of racism is absurd. There was not one single word in it that could be construed as racism.
It was regarding the personality disorders of those who've made a lifetime hatred of CTE and attacking Stan Shuffett, for years. As you very well know.
I made a copy of it before posting it originally and I am posting it again here in rebuttal to your snide little remark.
(I also made a new thread with the same post in it.)
Have at it, White,..... report them, have them both deleted or do whatever you just have to do.
I really just don't give a flip.
Name:  Revenge for being born.JPG
Views: 137
Size:  55.5 KB

***Inside every 'progressive' there exists a totalitarian fighting to get out and tell everyone how to live their lives

Old
  (#524)
Dan White
AzB Silver Member
Dan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond repute

06-07-2020, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low500 View Post
Okay White...you opened this up and I will close it.
Your oblique implication that the post of mine you reported and had eliminated was some form of racism is absurd. There was not one single word in it that could be construed as racism.
It was regarding the personality disorders of those who've made a lifetime hatred of CTE and attacking Stan Shuffett, for years. As you very well know.
I made a copy of it before posting it originally and I am posting it again here in rebuttal to your snide little remark.
(I also made a new thread with the same post in it.)
Have at it, White,..... report them, have them both deleted or do whatever you just have to do.
I really just don't give a flip.
Attachment 550247
Joe, don't be an idiot. The racism comment had nothing to do with you. A guy names Pangit said something offensive in the NPR forum and I called him out on it. We both got a 3 month ban. Oh, and I didn't start anything. Spider first brought it up so go ask him.

Go take a nap. No apology needed.

Dan White

Old
  (#525)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day

06-08-2020, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan White View Post
Joe, don't be an idiot.
Good luck with that.

pj
chgo

Page 35 of 35 « First 25333435

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: