The Hustlers, Season 1, Episode 6

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
:thumbup:

That is crazy talk. This is pool on TV which is serious business!!!

LOL the crowd here goes after this show just like my gear head friends go after Fast n' Loud, Street Outlaws etc. OMG they built a whole car in one episode and still had time to jump a Honda Z 50 over a small ramp with fire in front of it. That can't be real...oh noes!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

That's three of my favorite shows .... I bet their also watching Counts Kustoms :D

Apocalypse2017

Welcome to the resistance
Silver Member
I like the show! I see Mike D at Snookers sometimes so it’s still surreal.

My 5 year old son asks me to watch the show and he plays pool at the same time! (He said he wants more actual pool playing, less character development lol).

Mental

I wanna play pool now
Man I'm glad I can just enjoy the show and pool being on prime time TV and not feel the need to tear apart every detail. Relax and watch it like a movie and you'll enjoy it more. :wink:

I watched episode one like a tv show, ep two like a movie, going to give it another shot on ep 3, but this time watch it like a cartoon

Mental

I wanna play pool now
Reading the tweets of people on the show playing along as if they are actually betting on the show is pretty gross too.:eek:

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Enjoying the show for what it is, a TV show. The editing is getting better, as is the story development. Really feel like they dropped the ball with Frost. No real into, while everyone else in the round robin was already somewhat known.

I like watching Scotty play. Gotta respect someone who can overcome a handicap to play as well as he does.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For anyone interested in Scotty's inspiring backstory, here is a short clip where he was featured in the local news. There is also a bonus snippet of the late Paul Fanelli included.

http://youtu.be/dmkvxQzCDdk

You are clearly using the wrong avatar picture.

Maybe it's due to the kids, but that's all I can think of when reading your user name.

03641CR.jpg

bquiggle

Registered
"Play Money", kind of like a grudge match where one guy is staked, and the other puts up his own cash?
Guess that wasn't a real game either.......

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
They should play this up big on one of the shows. It is a truly inspiring story and Scott is such a classy guy.

Scott really does have the heart of a lion. He's one of the few in our area that really steps out of line and gambles higher than he probably should.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They should play this up big on one of the shows. It is a truly inspiring story and Scott is such a classy guy.

I'm a bit surprised they have not yet after this many episodes. I'd like an episode focusing on one of the players more directly rather than on the group, especially if they had some interesting stuff going on. Maybe do a Mosconi Cup story with Mike, if they can get Shane on there that would be great to highlight his struggles in school due to being deaf and how he overcame that. I guess they may need more time than one season to do that, an episode a person is almost a season there.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott really does have the heart of a lion. He's one of the few in our area that really steps out of line and gambles higher than he probably should.

Better yet there are 13 shows below them when iirc the least has been 4 or 5 til now!

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That Jarod Clowery also has an interesting story, having been injured in the Boston marathon bombing.

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its a reality show with real characters using their real names. My problem is ....there is not a drop of reality in the story line. Of the original 5...only one can actually play pool above a B level. Its advertised as the best 5 pool players in NYC.....that's completely laughable. Its also a joke to think that some self appointed wannabee pool payer/godfather is going to dictate the process of finding the best player in NYC.

Wait it gets worse....now they expand the list to include more low B players...and low and behold the 2nd best pool player in the United States....who BTW doesn't live in NYC he lives in Maine or RI or wherever he calls home now.

I guess we are just supposed to ignore any form of reality in the show....and just be thankful pool is on TV in any form.....I think the show is a complete disaster....they could of done so much better.

I feel the same way, but did not want to comment. I thought people were commenting on some show other than what I had watched. I saw the first two episodes, and that was enough for me. In my opinion, except for the pros, the players are no more than bangers, and wouldn't be taken seriously in any room I've played in the midwest. I don't understand why they couldn't get some more real players so THE LIST would actually mean something. I don't think this show does anything positive for pool.