Schon Cues

Fenwick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I got another request for my 1986 Schon Cue. Anybody know kevincarlberg? I don't know exactly how to handle this. The problem is I don't have Pay Pal. Then the fact it, the cue has a lot of white stuff. I'd prefer to a cash transaction but he's someone I don't know and I'm reluctant because of the white stuff. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I got another request for my 1986 Schon Cue. Anybody know kevincarlberg? I don't know exactly how to handle this. The problem is I don't have Pay Pal. Then the fact it, the cue has a lot of white stuff. I'd prefer to a cash transaction but he's someone I don't know and I'm reluctant because of the white stuff. Please advise. Thanks in advance.
Not comfortable don't do it. That simple.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Unless you have mouths to feed or they are repoing your work truck, keep your Schon until you can do a face to face transaction.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Myself, if a cue is bringing 1k to 3k, not a huge deal. Use PayPal and be done with it.

If its bringing 4k to 6k, face to face or third party only.

If its bringing 7k and up, wall, third party only.

I remember selling a cue for $16,500 face to face in cash. There was a problem after sale.

I gave him the option for refund minus 3% within 30 days if cue had original tip and was unchalked with all else being good.

Lol, I screwed up and made the receipt out for $19,500 instead of the actual $16,500 and marked it paid.

Well, a few days later I get a call. Fellow says he wants to return. I say ok, it will be 3% free. He said ok. He sent me copy of receipt and I come unglued.

There was nothing I could do. I got took since he paid cash, I had no proof he didn't pay the higher amount but, he had a signed receipt saying he did.

I refunded the money,

You can and will get screwed if sell enough cues at some point unless you learn to be safe and be extremely tedious in your transactions whether face to face, online, money order or check.

Again:

Small amounts = PayPal and done
Larger amounts = third party for protection

As for the white stuff, shouldn't matter unless its going through customs. Even then, sometimes they miss it and let it slip by.

Good luck.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Myself, if a cue is bringing 1k to 3k, not a huge deal. Use PayPal and be done with it.

If its bringing 4k to 6k, face to face or third party only.

If its bringing 7k and up, wall, third party only.

I remember selling a cue for $16,500 face to face in cash. There was a problem after sale.

I gave him the option for refund minus 3% within 30 days if cue had original tip and was unchalked with all else being good.

Lol, I screwed up and made the receipt out for $19,500 instead of the actual $16,500 and marked it paid.

Well, a few days later I get a call. Fellow says he wants to return. I say ok, it will be 3% free. He said ok. He sent me copy of receipt and I come unglued.

There was nothing I could do. I got took since he paid cash, I had no proof he didn't pay the higher amount but, he had a signed receipt saying he did.

I refunded the money,

You can and will get screwed if sell enough cues at some point unless you learn to be safe and be extremely tedious in your transactions whether face to face, online, money order or check.

Again:

Small amounts = PayPal and done
Larger amounts = third party for protection

As for the white stuff, shouldn't matter unless its going through customs. Even then, sometimes they miss it and let it slip by.

Good luck.

Face to face is how I’ve sold all my expensive cues....cash...NO REFUNDS....
...they can examine it closely and hit a ball with it....they know what they’ve got.
I don’t know how the cue will be treated after that...I refuse to be responsible.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Face to face is how I’ve sold all my expensive cues....cash...NO REFUNDS....
...they can examine it closely and hit a ball with it....they know what they’ve got.
I don’t know how the cue will be treated after that...I refuse to be responsible.

PT,

I use to be the same way till my mishap with the receipt. It was a black boar with several goodies added.

These days, I'm a third party seller or buyer all the way after a certain dollar amount. Insurance is very expensive but sssoooo worth it when stuff goes south. Especially in the high end cue business with strangers.

If I know the buyer/seller I often will do it face to face with cash but, I have to reeeaalllyy know them unless we're talking 1k ballpark. Once bitten....

Rake