New Pool Room in Gaithersburg, MD --> 7 Billiards Shady Grove

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beautiful looking room, but surely they find a better place for the bridge sticks than laying on the carpet under each table?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beautiful looking room, but surely they find a better place for the bridge sticks than laying on the carpet under each table?
I saw that also. Doesn't Diamond offer a bs cradle for their tables? Picking up the crutch from the floor would get old fast.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
And bless its heart, the tables are all regulation size, not those little 7 ft. toy tables you're starting to see everywhere else. I just hope they'll have weekly 9 ball tournaments.

I hear that Taxi!

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Am I the only one who doesn’t see wire rack counters above the tables?
Yep, if you're planning on hosting weekly tournament play, you certainly need some type of scoring mechanism / beads for each table, ideally located so spectators can easily keep up with the matches. Just like the need for bridge stick holders, I'm sure these are minor but yet important things that will be added, as it sounds like this room is just now opening.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep, if you're planning on hosting weekly tournament play, you certainly need some type of scoring mechanism / beads for each table, ideally located so spectators can easily keep up with the matches. Just like the need for bridge stick holders, I'm sure these are minor but yet important things that will be added, as it sounds like this room is just now opening.

Last time I sweated action in a pool room, they were using coins in the felt under the rail! I remember telling my other half, "Move the coin. Move the coin," when he won a game.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Again, this place rocks. Hats off to whoever did interior layout. If bridge holders and score counters are their only problems then i think they'll be ok. Hope they do well.

KCRack'em

I'm not argumentative!!!!
Silver Member
They have inexpensive food and the menu is simple but good. Beer was about 5 bucks a pop.
It is in an odd location. I drove past it the first time through and called for directions. The parking lot is small; I was very lucky to get a spot. If you find the self-storage place, it's to the right as you face it.
One last thing: pockets are tight.

beetle

Do I bug you?
Silver Member
Looks great! I sure have missed Orange Ball since they closed. Looks like this room is even nicer and about as close to my old place in MD as Orange Ball was.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the post jam. I didn't know this place was there and I visit this job site on fridays that is only 10 minutes away. I like to get to a pool room asap after work until the traffic is all gone and this place will do me fine.