For your review, BarBoxRules.com

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
My Family is from Dearborn.

No wonder you have so many Bowling house’s your in Brunswick Country.
I remember my Dad being a manual pin setter.
I could never Bowl on a weeknight because the leagues had the lanes until midnight.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will be throwing my support behind the APA. BCA aside from being rude to me is more for experienced players from what I know so far. If things work out the BCA will get the best of the APA. But I don't have the experience to know that for sure.

APA seems to be directed towards social fun more than the BCA too.

As far as I know.

At the same time, the APA has videos and things to promote pool with more than BCA.

I have never heard of any other leagues so, winner winner chicken dinner.

Maybe, before trying to re-write existing rules, it would help, just as a though, to know the pool world and what is what and who is who.

Before starting a car company, you may want to learn what makes it go forward and stop, maybe something about tires, who the other car makers are, how people like to sit, etc..

Balls

Big Brass Balls
Silver Member
Maybe, before trying to re-write existing rules, it would help, just as a though, to know the pool world and what is what and who is who.

Before starting a car company, you may want to learn what makes it go forward and stop, maybe something about tires, who the other car makers are, how people like to sit, etc..

I just can't help but wonder if the people that write crap like this are the people the ones that like to call or break basic rules to win... I mean they will say anything out of the blue.

I did plenty. Maybe you should read before you post.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just can't help but wonder if the people that write crap like this are the people the ones that like to call or break basic rules to win... I mean they will say anything out of the blue.

I did plenty. Maybe you should read before you post.

I did read, you said you knew of only two leagues and did not know much about them.

A lot of "seems" and "from what I know" "never heard of any other leagues". Lack of knowledge.

I played with many people on these forums, find one that has ever seen or heard of me cheating in a game. And not sure what that has to do with anything here, I was making a comment that before one starts writing about rules and ways to act in a pool hall that one should be aware of those things themselves more than casually. A guy that just learned that water is made up of elements last month is not very qualified to write a science book. Expert on subject matter is expert.

I mean read this, it pretty much states "I don't know about this". I don't have the experience to know, as far as I know, etc... I would not want someone like that writing a manual. There are already existing rules of pool, there is 0 need to modify them for casual play aside from some adjustments due to the nature of pay bar tables where the balls don't come out. I mean that is the core of "make the 8 ball early you lose" rule, it's stuck in the ball bin. 9 ball gets around that pretty well by making the 9 at any time legally is a win. Although at a bar table making the 9 then fouling would be interesting, you'd have to grab another ball in place of the 9 or have someone open the table.

I will be throwing my support behind the APA. BCA aside from being rude to me is more for experienced players from what I know so far. If things work out the BCA will get the best of the APA. But I don't have the experience to know that for sure.

APA seems to be directed towards social fun more than the BCA too.

As far as I know.

At the same time, the APA has videos and things to promote pool with more than BCA.

I have never heard of any other leagues so, winner winner chicken dinner.

Does any of that ^ sound like it's coming from someone that should be any sort of authority on a subject?

Last edited:

Balls

Big Brass Balls
Silver Member
I did read, you said you knew of only two leagues and did not know much about them.

A lot of "seems" and "from what I know" "never heard of any other leagues". Lack of knowledge.

I played with many people on these forums, find one that has ever seen or heard of me cheating in a game. And not sure what that has to do with anything here,

not inferring you would, sorry.

I was making a comment that before one starts writing about rules and ways to act in a pool hall that

I mean read this, it pretty much states "I don't know about this". I don't have the experience to know, as far as I know, etc... I would not want someone like that writing a manual. There are already existing rules of pool, there is 0 need to modify them for casual play aside from some adjustments due to the nature of pay bar tables where the balls don't come out. I mean that is the core of "make the 8 ball early you lose" rule, it's stuck in the ball bin. 9 ball gets around ...

not a pool hall.
still, lose if you sink the 8 ball bla bla (slop anywhere)
There is only cutthroat and 8 ball on the site.

cutthroat could have some disagreement and errors.

Read the site. the rules are in your favor unless you are out with someone you like like. Someone you have fun with and don't really care about winning. I lost today to a real hottie... she was so happy I guess you could say I won. I do.

A Bar Box you should know is a little tiny, pardon me, tiny table collector. a small famous table. If your pool hall only has these tables you need a better pool hall. This is not about or for pool halls, amateur, league, professionals, etc.

For Example. A biker bar I sometimes visit has 2 bar box tables. They have a lot of really good fights and sometimes the police even show up. They would like to avoid problems with the city. They like the fights though... The big thing is the safety and then getting ball in hand but still allowing for best effort for the casual person.

I have to write the safety page still. It's going to be by the book unless you have the hot's for your opponent. Something like that.

If you look at the site and go over the rules and there is something you don't like please let me know. I think you will find things to your liking and that's what this thread is about.

I have to go write that page

Oh Leagues, geese, In all the research I did do and in paying attention to the forum, and watching a lot of social media the only league I know of is the APA and they are the only league with a lick of advertising. They are also focused on new players which is my focus. I also learned you guys have every imaginable angle on leagues covered, discussed, repeated, twisted again, etc. and I don't want to even begin to understand it more. it's covered. Leagues need bodies and this is to encourage generations to play and from there, some will join a league. Best place I see to start is the APA. Done Deal.

and if you folks don't talk to me about your game ideas, I won't talk to you about computers and programming.

So should I run this ad and try to get a few million people to sign up?

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Balls, had the balls to say.......
“So should I run this ad and try to get a few million people to sign up?”

Please do.
How long to get one million? A few million?!
I’m willing to put up some money on the timeline!
How, about it Ballsy?
AzB has a section just for this kind of action!

It sounds like your “focus group” was comprised of those 18 to 30? Since you said that your target audience is age 25?
My research shows that people of all age groups have no idea that Cue Sports even exist, less alone care about putting it in the Olympics. Eight ball would be the only game most people might know by name, only because of the Magic Eight Ball toy or they saw it on a Tom & Jerry cartoon or on an episode of one of their sitcoms. But none of them ever think about playing, watching, supporting the world of cue sports.

Just because you can place a Meme or graphic on the web does not mean you are going to get hits! You’re trippin’ if you think so.

Please place as many graphics, memes and videos as you can and keep us informed of their links so we can watch the views come pouring in.

BTW....what is your tagline?

Last edited:

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Balls, had the balls to say.......
“So should I run this ad and try to get a few million people to sign up?”

Please do.
How long to get one million? A few million?!
I’m willing to put up some money on the timeline!
How, about it Ballsy?
AzB has a section just for this kind of action!

It sounds like your “focus group” was comprised of those 18 to 30? Since you said that your target audience is age 25?
My research shows that people of all age groups have no idea that Cue Sports even exist, less alone care about putting it in the Olympics. Eight ball would be the only game most people might know by name, only because of the Magic Eight Ball toy or they saw it on a Tom & Jerry cartoon or on an episode of one of their sitcoms. But none of them ever think about playing, watching, supporting the world of cue sports.

Just because you can place a Meme or graphic on the web does not mean you are going to get hits! You’re trippin’ if you think so.

Please place as many graphics, memes and videos as you can and keep us informed of their links so we can watch the views come pouring in.

BTW....what is your tagline?

Baseball is not an Olympic sport. What chance does pool have?

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Baseball is not an Olympic sport. What chance does pool have?

Actually, baseball was first in as a demonstration sport off and on for about 75 years starting in 1912. It was made an official sport starting 1992 and only recently was taken out after 2008.

It is back in for the 2020 Summer games in Tokyo.

Maybe you were thinking of Cornhole?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
”Maybe you were thinking of Cornhole?”
Now, that’s a Sport I can get behind! (Pun Intended)

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Actually, baseball was first in as a demonstration sport off and on for about 75 years starting in 1912. It was made an official sport starting 1992 and only recently was taken out after 2008.

It is back in for the 2020 Summer games in Tokyo.

Maybe you were thinking of Cornhole?

Baseball has been absent for over a decade.

It will make a one time return next year with a total of six (6) teams competing.

The point is baseball is far more popular than pool. What chance has pool of becoming an Olympic sport?

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Baseball has been absent for over a decade.

It will make a one time return next year with a total of six (6) teams competing.

The point is baseball is far more popular than pool. What chance has pool of becoming an Olympic sport?
I know that was your point and I know it will be just a limited number of teams...it isn't a worldwide sport, but I think we can agree "baseball is not an Olympic sport" was a bit of an overstatement.

sbpoolleague

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please fill out the contact form and tell me what you don't like and I'll consider it.

Love the chick on the 8 ball pic btw. you know the other sponsor too. nice.

Hey, go read. it has nothing to do with you or your Leagues. If you get a clue about what is going on feel free to chime in again.

Hey...you asked for feedback. You got feedback.

Your idea has been tried 4719 times and has failed miserably each time.

People that want to do things like this delude themselves into thinking that they are helping the pool community, when really they are just control freaks who want to do things their way. It's alright, you are not a bad person. Just one with poor insight.

sbpoolleague

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
not a pool hall.
still, lose if you sink the 8 ball bla bla (slop anywhere)
There is only cutthroat and 8 ball on the site.

cutthroat could have some disagreement and errors.

Read the site. the rules are in your favor unless you are out with someone you like like. Someone you have fun with and don't really care about winning. I lost today to a real hottie... she was so happy I guess you could say I won. I do.

A Bar Box you should know is a little tiny, pardon me, tiny table collector. a small famous table. If your pool hall only has these tables you need a better pool hall. This is not about or for pool halls, amateur, league, professionals, etc.

For Example. A biker bar I sometimes visit has 2 bar box tables. They have a lot of really good fights and sometimes the police even show up. They would like to avoid problems with the city. They like the fights though... The big thing is the safety and then getting ball in hand but still allowing for best effort for the casual person.

I have to write the safety page still. It's going to be by the book unless you have the hot's for your opponent. Something like that.

If you look at the site and go over the rules and there is something you don't like please let me know. I think you will find things to your liking and that's what this thread is about.

I have to go write that page

Oh Leagues, geese, In all the research I did do and in paying attention to the forum, and watching a lot of social media the only league I know of is the APA and they are the only league with a lick of advertising. They are also focused on new players which is my focus. I also learned you guys have every imaginable angle on leagues covered, discussed, repeated, twisted again, etc. and I don't want to even begin to understand it more. it's covered. Leagues need bodies and this is to encourage generations to play and from there, some will join a league. Best place I see to start is the APA. Done Deal.

and if you folks don't talk to me about your game ideas, I won't talk to you about computers and programming.

So should I run this ad and try to get a few million people to sign up?

Yeah I have re-evaluated my opinion of you. Your problem is that you are A LOT LESS intelligent than you think you are.

Please abandon this effort. It is quite embarrassing to the pool community.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I'm starting to think there should be a basic mental stability test in order to purchase a computer.

I always liked this quote by Stefan Molyneux:

"The greater the gap between self perception and reality, the more aggression is unleashed on those who point out the discrepancy."

Balls

Big Brass Balls
Silver Member
Wow, no time for non paying members right now. Maybe later.

wrong, no, don't care, who cares, wrong again, and welcome to 2019

you figure out the order.

Balls

Big Brass Balls
Silver Member
Safty page is done

Ok, the Safety page is done and ready for review.

Hopefully it won't make your head hurt reading it anymore

Feel free to leave any comments on the site or in the messenger.