Pandemic Isolating Billiards with Friends

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think I might be 3c dumb, but is that the right way to play that shot?

I often get stumped by positions similar to that and your choice seems like a relatively easy solution (by creativity, not by execution standards)

I'm just a duffer, but it looked pretty standard to me, given the layout. Have to be a little careful not to bank the red into the big ball.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm just a duffer, but it looked pretty standard to me, given the layout. Have to be a little careful not to bank the red into the big ball.

i am ofter flummoxed by that position and usually try to thin the farther ball and go up/ down the table (maybe/ likely also hitting side rail)...but I often get kissed out or become the victim of not-understood side-spin that comes from I don't know where.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i am ofter flummoxed by that position and usually try to thin the farther ball and go up/ down the table (maybe/ likely also hitting side rail)...but I often get kissed out or become the victim of not-understood side-spin that comes from I don't know where.

When you have a diagonal line up like that you need something out of the ordinary. Straight through a ball is often the best. Sometimes it's banking the first OB cross-corner with a lot of inside spin, like a one pocket shot. If you hit your opponent's cue ball first and minimize speed, it can be safe.

Three end rails is hard as you've noticed due to the spin you get from the first ball. You could try a little fuller with a little inside.

zensteve

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would like to think that I usually pick the "correct" solutions to most ball positions. But I must confess if I see a kissy situation I tend to think I can void it. With little success. That's what many of us like about this great game. The ball positions are not as dictatorial as in some pool scenarios. Maybe that's what I like about 14.1 as well.