Type of bridge

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I ordered this one, but it has not shipped yet. It's available from a number of different vendors, some offering a discount.

It was recommended because it's clear and allows you to see the shot more easily in some situations. Here is a link to the manufacturer's website:

https://www.kamuitips.com/products/vue-bridge-head

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
The Moosehead bridge is my favorite - inexpensive, easy on the shaft and many different tip heights to choose from.

pj
chgo

moosehead bridge.JPG

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A metal bridge will probably scratch your cue shaft
The leather ones won’t nor will the just a bridge ( my personal favorite)
The plastic ones don’t scratch your shaft but can leave streaks
You get what you pay for

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Moosehead bridge is my favorite - inexpensive, easy on the shaft and many different tip heights to choose from.

pj
chgo

View attachment 554399

Yep, I second (third, fourth?) the moosehead, cheap, easy to use, well designed. Keep one at home and one in my bag for use at pool halls if they have something crappy (or nothing in some places I've been to). I don't even know whey they make those cheap metal ones, it's like someone building a road with nails embedded in the surface, nothing good will happen when using it.

Last edited:

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
I love the corona.
Bridge that is.
It is made of leather not metal or plastic. The cue glides smoothly. I just pop it on my break cue when I need it and it slides easily in my pocket so it won’t mysteriously disappear.

Tiger Corona Pool Cue Leather Bridge Head https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075Q12YLK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_w4blFbJ60559R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too have the Corona - travels easy, stick it on a house cue at home if required. But OP, I also RARELY use a bridge in normal play. I'd rather try to see a shot on the table and shoot it.

Geosnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A metal bridge will probably scratch your cue shaft
The leather ones won’t nor will the just a bridge ( my personal favorite)
The plastic ones don’t scratch your shaft but can leave streaks
You get what you pay for

???

My cue is thirteen years old. I play every day and use a metal bridge. Use a metal bridge at the pool hall and Legion snooker tables

Zero scratches.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
???

My cue is thirteen years old. I play every day and use a metal bridge. Use a metal bridge at the pool hall and Legion snooker tables

Zero scratches.

you are a lucky guy and i am happy for you

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Good choice....

Never seen a plastic model leave streaks. Metal is harder than wood obviously, so in theory if there was a bur it would scratch a shaft. Never seen that happen either. Would have to be the worst made metal bridge of all time...lol.

So many gimmicks in the pool world. The bridge I think is the front runner

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Good choice....

Never seen a plastic model leave streaks. Metal is harder than wood obviously, so in theory if there was a bur it would scratch a shaft. Never seen that happen either. Would have to be the worst made metal bridge of all time...lol.

So many gimmicks in the pool world. The bridge I think is the front runner

The aluminum rest heads in most pool halls are not good for cues...even if there’s no nicks
in the head,eventually they’ll black marks. I’ve tried the leather rest heads, they grab my cue too much
..for me, it’s plastic, been using Brianna for years.