What Cue Ball do you prefer and why

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aramith makes both the Blue Circle and the Blue Dot. The difference is, Aramith does not sell the Clue Circle cue ball separately from the Centennial set. That is why Centennial sets in pool rooms sooner or later get replaced with other cue balls, Red Circle, Measle, etc. But everything you mention comes from Aramith.

Used to be Albany Ball Company, Albany, New York. But that was another era.

All the best,
WW
The Aramith website and Aramith dealers do not sell Brunswick Centennial sets (with the blue circle cue ball) unless they are also an authorized dealer for Brunswick products. Some companies that sell to wholesale accounts only like Cuestick International do offer both Aramith and Brunswick pool ball sets, but still don't sell Brunswick blue circle cue balls separately. Could anyone direct me to a dealer or website where I can view the claimed Aramith made blue circle cue ball either sold separately or that comes with a particular set of Aramith balls? I don't think so as it doesn't exist.

A Brunswick Centennial blue circle cue ball has a blue outline with the off-white cue ball color in the middle of the circle. Aramith offers a blue dot cue ball, which is a smaller, solid blue dot, which is sold separately by some Aramith dealers but does not come as standard with any Aramith ball set. Then there's an Aramith blue logo cue ball that has the blue circle surrounding the Aramith blue logo, which comes as standard with the Aramith Premium ball set.

Perhaps Aramith used to offer a blue circle cue ball that looked very similar to a Brunswick Centennial blue circle cue ball at some point in the past, but not currently available. If you are saying that Aramith makes the Brunswick centennial ball sets and blue circle cue balls which are sold exclusively under the name of Brunswick, then yes, I guess you are technically correct.

Last edited:

Protractor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I question that they could have the same surface, as the Measle ball retains Master blue chalk marks and the red circle doesn’t.

I use Blue Diamond chalk and it doesn't seem to stick much to my Aramith measles ball, but that could be because I 'paint' it on and only chalk once per shot. For the next shot, I just paint the tip where the chalk is thin, so I don't use as much chalk as most players. I bought the CB from Mueller's back in the day and they still have it on their website as the PC90 Super Aramith Pro Cup cue ball. Mine weighs 168 g /5.9 oz.

I'm using the Aramith Premium ball set on my table and that came with the blue Aramith logo CB that weighs 165 g / 5.8 oz.

I use the measles ball for home practice because most of the amateurs I play against like to sub them for the crappy bar box CB whenever they have the chance. I sometimes use the blue logo CB on the 9 ft GC and Gandy that we get to play on because it seems a little snappier due to its slightly lower weight.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Aramith website and Aramith dealers do not sell Brunswick Centennial sets (with the blue circle cue ball) unless they are also an authorized dealer for Brunswick products. Some companies that sell to wholesale accounts only like Cuestick International do offer both Aramith and Brunswick pool ball sets, but still don't sell Brunswick blue circle cue balls separately. Could anyone direct me to a dealer or website where I can view the claimed Aramith made blue circle cue ball either sold separately or that comes with a particular set of Aramith balls? I don't think so as it doesn't exist.

A Brunswick Centennial blue circle cue ball has a blue outline with the off-white cue ball color in the middle of the circle. Aramith offers a blue dot cue ball, which is a smaller, solid blue dot, which is sold separately by some Aramith dealers but does not come as standard with any Aramith ball set. Then there's an Aramith blue logo cue ball that has the blue circle surrounding the Aramith blue logo, which comes as standard with the Aramith Premium ball set.

Perhaps Aramith used to offer a blue circle cue ball that looked very similar to a Brunswick Centennial blue circle cue ball at some point in the past, but not currently available. If you are saying that Aramith makes the Brunswick centennial ball sets and blue circle cue balls which are sold exclusively under the name of Brunswick, then yes, I guess you are technically correct.
Is this a fake?

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I have three unused Blue Circle cue balls that are still in the box.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How would Pooldawg get a cue ball that is not sold separately by Aramith?
The Blue Circle Brunswick Centennial cue ball is not an Aramith affiliated ball, even if it may possibly be confidentially manufactured by Aramith, for Brunswick.

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Blue Circle Brunswick Centennial cue ball is not an Aramith affiliated ball, even if it may possibly be confidentially manufactured by Aramith, for Brunswick.

Logo of Saluc S.A.
Saluc S.A. is a Belgian speciality manufacturing company. Founded in 1923, they are best known for their Aramith brand billiard balls, and are the manufacturer under license of the Brunswick Centennial pool ball line.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Straight from their website:

As the top of the line, the Super Aramith PRO set distinguishes itself by its beautiful design and numbers and the maximized in-depth vitrification of its More importantly, it is a fully matched professional set, where precise calibration of each ball guarantees maximum consistency within the set. The Super Aramith PRO also exists in the Centennial pool ball design produced for Brunswick.

Last edited:

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
No, Aramith makes the Blue Circle cue ball, only for the Centennial set. Not sure what you're getting at by Aramith affiliated, or confidentially manufactured by Aramith.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, Aramith makes the Blue Circle cue ball, only for the Centennial set. Not sure what you're getting at by Aramith affiliated, or confidentially manufactured by Aramith.
I just posted the link straight from their website right above your post where they say they make them.

Last edited:

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Maybe a little re-education is required.
Aramith Cue Balls.jpg

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
The ball I carry in my bag is a red triangle.
Yes, that one was available quite a while ago, along with the Black Circle. If you back far enough, there was a Red Dash cue ball too.

Point is, Aramith makes the Blue Circle, and does not sell it separately from the Centennial set. Maybe some people sell their brand new ones, if they prefer the Measle, Red Circle, etc. But Aramith does not sell them. If any doubt, produce a receipt from Aramith for just the Blue Circle cue ball. They don't.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, that one was available quite a while ago, along with the Black Circle. If you back far enough, there was a Red Dash cue ball too.

Point is, Aramith makes the Blue Circle, and does not sell it separately from the Centennial set. Maybe some people sell their brand new ones, if they prefer the Measle, Red Circle, etc. But Aramith does not sell them. If any doubt, produce a receipt from Aramith for just the Blue Circle cue ball. They don't.
Brunswick site for replacement balls:

Cue ball $39.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Saluc makes the Brunswick blue circle, not Aramith. Saluc also makes the entire Aramith line.

If you meant they are both manufactured at the same factory, then yes, you are correct.

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Saluc makes the Brunswick blue circle, not Aramith. Saluc also makes the entire Aramith line.

If you meant they are both manufactured at the same factory, then yes, you are correct.
So, what are you trying to say?

In what way are they different?

Looks?

Materials?

Weight?

Playability?

Name?