Joe Villalpando Lesson

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Well, I just want to share with the community my experiences with "Little Joe".
As you may know (If you've ever noticed his banner on the AZB Forum home page), Joe has two videos out on kicking and cue ball control. I purchased them some time ago and had spoken to him and actually saw him do a demonstration at the Illinois Billiard Club. This experience was the subject of an earlier thread:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=64356&highlight=villalpando

Joe came up to Red Shoes last night and gave me a one on one lesson. At the earlier demonstration at the IBC, I had just watched and let others enjoy. This time it was just me and Joe for probably more than three hours. We went over a lot of the kicks with variations in dvd 1, and I was nailing most of them, especially once I started honing in on striking the cue ball at the exact spot on the clock that we were aiming for.

Then we started on cue ball control and once again striking the correct part of the cue ball became very important. We did mostly on the center axis and we could get the cue ball to a lot of different places that way.

We touched on a little right and left, but that will be covered in upcoming dvds and there is enough to work on right now just with the center and the stroke.

All in all, it was a very enlightening session and I can't wait to get to work. I highly recommend Joe's lessons and his dvds.

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
I'm glad to hear our "Little Joe" continues make a positive impression. He is doing more and more personalized lessons now that his DVDs have burst onto the scene. The response from these lessons is thoroughly positive.

I've known Joe for a good number of years now and every once in a while he'll drop a pearl of wisdom my way. I have to say, those nuggets have helped my game considerably.

iasaxman

Wanna get played?
Silver Member
I just played some with Joe this morning. I'm glad you found his wisdom to be usefull. I too have been fortunate enough to play with him regularly and get tips from him. His DVDs are top-notch if you ask me, but are invaluable when coupled with private lessons.

Joe is excellent in relaying his knowledge to any caliber of player. You can't help but raise the level of your play. As many people have mentioned to me, my level of play has elevated at least 3 balls since beginning to work with Joe. I'm by no means a great player, but my shot making ability has soared thanks to Joe.

Not only does he have a tremendous knowledge for the game, he's a superb instructor and a hell of a nice guy.

Check out his site for more info.

www.pooliq.net

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
iasaxman said:
I just played some with Joe this morning. I'm glad you found his wisdom to be usefull. I too have been fortunate enough to play with him regularly and get tips from him. His DVDs are top-notch if you ask me, but are invaluable when coupled with private lessons.

Joe is excellent in relaying his knowledge to any caliber of player. You can't help but raise the level of your play. As many people have mentioned to me, my level of play has elevated at least 3 balls since beginning to work with Joe. I'm by no means a great player, but my shot making ability has soared thanks to Joe.

Not only does he have a tremendous knowledge for the game, he's a superb instructor and a hell of a nice guy.

Check out his site for more info.

www.pooliq.net

Is he around the QC?

iasaxman

Wanna get played?
Silver Member
Yeah...he deals cards at the Isle of Capri, but he's a regular at Millertime Billiards in Davenport.

If you want to get in touch with him, his cell number is on his website( www.pooliq.net ), or I can get you in touch with him if you want.