Texas Open re-draw ?

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, does anyone know the reasoning behind the re-draw ? Is this the new age stuff where everyone gets a trophy? If u lose u r in the losers ... If I beat a champion and he is in the losers he deserved to grind it out not just a re-draw ... And why at the TEXAS OPEN ??? We r Texas strong ,,, if u lose a set u r in the losers bro..... Who came up with this ?

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've seen this quite a lot. I don't have a problem with it (people ***** about enough things already) but I just don't see what it buys them to do it. It's not like it's simpler to change it up.

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
I think it allows some states to do a legal 2nd Player's Auction.

You can wipe the slate clean after you hit a certain part of the event. Run the 2nd Auction, then redraw the bracket .

Now, I don't know Texas law, so they may be doing it for another reason.

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I'm sure Skyler and Justin B and and Katt loved the re-draw !! Must be nice and really suck to put champions in the losers and the get to b back in...... No wonder they all love Texas !!!! And by the way I'll take one of those 3 to win it this year !

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I promise this is not how it really works on Labor Day everywhere .... They should have to labor for it in my eyes!

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
So, does anyone know the reasoning behind the re-draw ? Is this the new age stuff where everyone gets a trophy? If u lose u r in the losers ... If I beat a champion and he is in the losers he deserved to grind it out not just a re-draw ... And why at the TEXAS OPEN ??? We r Texas strong ,,, if u lose a set u r in the losers bro..... Who came up with this ?

Yo u mean the state that brought us Texas Express is at it again? Johnnyt

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It is all in how you frame it.

There are many major tournaments--world championships--that have a redraw for the final 32--and many make it single elimination from there.

You just have to view the first part of the tournament as a qualifier to make the 32-player double elimination championship event. Then it all makes sense.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is all in how you frame it.

There are many major tournaments--world championships--that have a redraw for the final 32--and many make it single elimination from there.

You just have to view the first part of the tournament as a qualifier to make the 32-player double elimination championship event. Then it all makes sense.

But those tournaments make that known ahead of time. I don't believe that's the case here, and that's the issue.

I couldn't find anything on this website that mentions any sort of qualifier or re-draw.

us820

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But those tournaments make that known ahead of time. I don't believe that's the case here, and that's the issue.

I couldn't find anything on this website that mentions any sort of qualifier or re-draw.

It says redraw on the flyer in the first post of the thread.

bral

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The online flier appears to have been posted to the event Facebook page on 6/27, and it mentions the redraw. I assume it's been posted elsewhere.