Pool is a beautiful game played by ugly people

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
Anyone have any back story on this?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G0Gx8suAQs

Warning graphic language.

I think it's hysterical! I hear Earl was reallllyyyyyy "unhappy", shall we say, when this came out. I have to say that, even with Earl being one of my all-time favorite players ( and I've caught LOTS of s**t for that through the years ), I will say, yeah... he gets out of hand sometimes. But, in his defense, and I've seen him go off many times, on video and in person, that, in all fairness, I've never heard him use profanity. No "F" bombs, no sexist rants, nothing... no matter HOW angry he was. So, yeah, I can see how he would get a little het-up about all the f-bombs Rogan tosses around in it, not to mention the reference to pot... but come on. This is HILARIOUS!!!

"I jump full table with a *Meucci*! How bout that? How strong is that???"

EDITED FOR CLARIFICATION: People, this is NOT a thread about the bad rep pool has gotten or who believes it or doesn't. It is about a HILARIOUS ( in mho, at least ) video of comedian Joe Rogan, doing an impersonation of Earl Strickland. "Pool is a beautiful game played by ugly people" is a quote from the video, PLEASE WATCH THE VIDEO before commenting. Thank you! ;)

Last edited:

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Swanee 2010... bunch of guys shooting the shit .. having fun. I was there and it was funny then as it is now!!

Michael Andros

Silver Member
Swanee 2010... bunch of guys shooting the shit .. having fun. I was there and it was funny then as it is now!!

I saw video of Joe and Earl talking a year or so later and Earl didn't seem upset at all toward him. The first time I saw this, I almost passed out I was laughing so hard.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw video of Joe and Earl talking a year or so later and Earl didn't seem upset at all toward him. The first time I saw this, I almost passed out I was laughing so hard.

Fact is pool is played now by all walks of life there is actually a general who plays regularly where I play the only people who think pool has a bad rap are old heads , no one in today's world even gives it a second thought, it's by far the misconception of pool created by pool players

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fact is pool is played now by all walks of life there is actually a general who plays regularly where I play the only people who think pool has a bad rap are old heads , no one in today's world even gives it a second thought, it's by far the misconception of pool created by pool players

Right, the old crew knows darn well how the image of pool used to be.
Luckily, pool's image has changed to a more refined and sporty pastime.

Those too young to know about pool's history in the U.S. don't give that old image a second-thought.
You're correct, one stroke.

Michael Andros

Silver Member
People, this is NOT a thread about the bad rep pool has gotten or who believes it or doesn't. It is about a HILARIOUS ( in mho, at least ) video of comedian Joe Rogan, doing an impersonation of Earl Strickland. "Pool is a beautiful game played by ugly people" is a quote from the video, PLEASE WATCH THE VIDEO before commenting. Thank you! ;)

Last edited:

zeeder

Will queue for cues
Silver Member
This is my first time seeing this and it was freaking hilarious! Thanks for the share for those of us who haven't seen it.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
OLD news. Still funny tho. And Max Eberle is still "out there". ;)

From Reddit
--------------------------------------------------------------
Max won't win the 2018 World 9 Ball Championship, but he's the odds-on favorite to win the 2018 Flat-Earth 9 Ball Championship.
-------------------------------------------------------------

:rotflmao1:

Michael Andros

Silver Member
Seen that, got the tee shirt :thumbup:

Dave

Hey Dave - What does the t-shirt say?

Yeah, I imagine a lot of people have seen it, Maybe a few haven't. Either way it's still hilarious. The real reason I posted this thread was to see if anyone has any back-stories on it. Someone already said they were there. I wanted to see what Earl said to Rogan after it came out if anyone knew. And anything else anyone might know about the video itself. :grin:

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Heading to SBE Thursday just hoping to see Earl cranked up. His beautiful intense craziness or is it his crazy intensity? Either way it's a show of pool greatness by someone who's all in.

Michael Andros

Silver Member

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
I've seen this countless times and yet I still laughed. My favorite line is at the end ... "Effren, you got the eight." :rotflmao1: