Filler's Cue?

bob b.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone know what cue Filler was playing with? I assume it is a Predator? What model? Or is it a "one off"? (I heard it said he was using a Z shaft as well).

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Karl Boyes said yesterday that he spoke with Filler about that and Filler is using an 11.5 mm Predator Z shaft. He didn't say Z2 or Z3, but I don't know whether it is really the original Z version.

[Repeated from another thread.]

Catalin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Karl Boyes said yesterday that he spoke with Filler about that and Filler is using an 11.5 mm Predator Z shaft. He didn't say Z2 or Z3, but I don't know whether it is really the original Z version.

[Repeated from another thread.]
Aren't all the Predator skinny shafts 11.9 mm?

Julian

Catalin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
isn't that the one i linked?

anyway. have predator gone over to radial joints? i saw a roadline recently that also was radial
Predator has been using radial in paralel with Unilock quick for as long as I can remember. Some Roadline and higher end models have Unilock.

Julian

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
isn't that the one i linked?

anyway. have predator gone over to radial joints? i saw a roadline recently that also was radial

It's close to what you linked, same design but different woods I believe. Hoping we get a clean pic or view of his.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
don't know what you mean, but the z shaft is conical

That's what I meant. I don't know what part of my brain parabolic came out of. I'm guessing Filler has a snooker background if he is using conical.

Thanks.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
one of the commentators said something to the effect of … "he hasn't gone over to the dark side yet and used a carbon fiber shaft"

when in fact he did play with a Revo for a short time, maybe just to try out and then switched back

Catalin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's what I meant. I don't know what part of my brain parabolic came out of. I'm guessing Filler has a snooker background if he is using conical.

Thanks.
No, most of the skinny shaft are conical.

Julian

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
one of the commentators said something to the effect of … "he hasn't gone over to the dark side yet and used a carbon fiber shaft"

when in fact he did play with a Revo for a short time, maybe just to try out and then switched back

The 1st time I saw him play he was using it, won the China Open I believe, that was a couple years ago I think. It was a stream.

His wife uses the Revo full time last I saw her in a tourney.

poolscholar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably switched back to Z3 because it deflects less than the Revo especially the 12.4

12.9 is closer to Z deflection but very thick of course

pinkspider

Crap user name, I know.
Silver Member
You have a link to it with a picture, would like to see the wood colors

You might need to have an account to access these taobao links so I just included the pics here. The cues start from approx USD3650 or so depending on your shaft choice. Really expensive

With wrap:
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...aBPj7w&id=587033611420&ns=1&abbucket=8#detail

O1CN015Y1IAZ1KT9W8wUOqI_!!0-item_pic.jpg
O1CN01YVH5xH1KT9W7Wkobj_!!0-item_pic.jpg
O1CN01CK3TLw1KT9W678DW8_!!0-item_pic.jpg
O1CN01AIyj5u1KT9W8SQL3K_!!0-item_pic.jpg

Wrapless:
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...aBPj7w&id=586507888242&ns=1&abbucket=8#detail

O1CN01eDR3Vo1KT9W8eXaAe_!!0-item_pic.jpg
O1CN01jMuG3u1KT9W55EkBM_!!0-item_pic.jpg
O1CN01nvEv6e1KT9W6QpsCf_!!0-item_pic.jpg
O1CN01NaMHGy1KT9W8NyM8U_!!0-item_pic.jpg

I think Pia uses one and Josh uses the other. Could be wrong but I think they mentioned that on their instagram when they first received the cues.