Orcollo vs SVB confirmed

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe Shane wasn't happy when Dennis beat him in the 9b finals at DCC and proceeded to do his frog walk dance around the table.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Maybe Shane wasn't happy when Dennis beat him in the 9b finals at DCC and proceeded to do his frog walk dance around the table.

Like I said earlier, there is no love lost between these two. IMO that makes for a good match.

Dimeball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Of course... there are only two reasons why someone becomes the best on the planet at something, like anyone with with less than half a brain knows, SVB's break over the last 12 or so years, as set forth by every other person, who can be clearly defined as not the best, second best, or in all honestly, first through infinity losers. The majority of losers will always say it's because of cheating, that's why they're losers, because if they can't, then no one can, not possible, vomit diarrhea of the mouth negative negative negative thoughts. Boy that sounds political, apologies about that...
To these people, practice, given talent, and hard work doesn't get anyone anywhere... :/

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Of course... there are only two reasons why someone becomes the best on the planet at something, like anyone with with less than half a brain knows, SVB's break over the last 12 or so years, as set forth by every other person, who can be clearly defined as not the best, second best, or in all honestly, first through infinity losers. The majority of losers will always say it's because of cheating, that's why they're losers, because if they can't, then no one can, not possible, vomit diarrhea of the mouth negative negative negative thoughts. Boy that sounds political, apologies about that...
To these people, practice, given talent, and hard work doesn't get anyone anywhere... :/

Except you want to ignore the fact that Shane plays with the rack.

Nobody said he cant play and isnt great, but you want to disregard the fact that multiple pros have had issues with his racking and some have quit in the middle of the match because of it.

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This match will get SVB at his best. That's the SVB practicing his break for hours on end along with everything else. I really don't know why Dennis agreed to this match. A highly motivated SVB playing 10 Ball with a template is scary. I really don't think with even an improved break, Dennis can keep up. He must fancy himself a dragon slayer because that's about what he'll need to do to win this match.

I'm not on the GAL but I'll give someone who is on it Dennis +7 for a fun hundred. That's provided they don't change the break rules prior to the match.

Dimeball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Except you want to ignore the fact that Shane plays with the rack.

Nobody said he cant play and isnt great, but you want to disregard the fact that multiple pros have had issues with his racking and some have quit in the middle of the match because of it.
Hi Jason,
I normally agree with you. If you notice in my comments, I mentioned those "pro's",... first place losers.

I get your point, one question though, the last couple of large events, China and Russia, at some point a ref began to rack and I noticed those refs doing closely similar racking movements as SVB and others racking their own. You cool with that?

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Hi Jason,
I normally agree with you. If you notice in my comments, I mentioned those "pro's",... first place losers.

I get your point, one question though, the last couple of large events, China and Russia, at some point a ref began to rack and I noticed those refs doing closely similar racking movements as SVB and others racking their own. You cool with that?

Yes, as long as they are not making a gap, I'm good with it.

I didnt notice them doing it, but when a ref is racking I just dont watch it, I'm usually on here arguing with somebody between racks :grin:

Btw, SVB is one of my favorite players to watch and I agree he has worked on his break more than anybody. But you cant help but notice he is one of the very few players that always has a "problem" with the 1 ball.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
10b Race to 120 is a borefest IMO.

That race to 3 like Cheng and Bergman did is much more intense.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I don't think so, because if sbv's break is working, we'll see some big packages.....

Or

If svb's isn't working, well see a lot of "tactical play" by Dennis.

Either way, it should be at the top of great matches.

Jeff

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think so, because if sbv's break is working, we'll see some big packages.....

Or

If svb's isn't working, well see a lot of "tactical play" by Dennis.

Either way, it should be at the top of great matches.

Jeff

A little animosity between players sure doesn't hurt.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

I agree....to 120 is a borefest.
Race to 15, best of seven sets is long....but we would see some exciting matches....
...and we could bet on each match.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member

Ditto. Cheng/Bergman and also Kaci/Pagulayan raced to three sets. Way more exciting to watch and noone's ever out of it.

I'd say a race to 100 in 9-ball is a borefest. A race to 100 in 10-ball is an ultra-borefest. A race to 120 in 10-ball qualifies as a superultraborefest, and threatens to become unwatchable at some point.

… but it's gambling and the players get whatever game they negotiate, and that's as it should be,

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I prefer LONG races to short races.

Race to 120 is good if the money is right.

People come on here and make comments that, to me, indicate that they have way less "betting sense" than somebody like SVB or Orcollo, or any player who wants the "BEST" possible "chance" to win.

They play at such a high level that they know you can lose a match by losing two sets 11-10, 11-10, and winning one set 11-0. That is a stupid bet, IMO.

If you think you are the "better" player (and you actually are), then the odds are a lot better in going one LONG match and not playing sets, where one or two errors may cost you the match.

If I'm playing and betting, I don't give a damn how many spectators are BORED. I'm not in it for the "entertainment value", I'm in it to win it.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since we argue here on the forums about the racks all the time, and the pros do amongst themselves as well while racking, it would be cool if the streamers started putting a dedicated camera directly overhead of the rack and permanently zoomed into the rack as tight as possible. Then display its feed onto a dedicated TV at the venue. And for the online streamers, cut to that camera during the racking process. Don't use that camera for anything else. Completely optimize it for this task only, then don't touch it.

I don't know if there would be enough resolution or a good enough viewpoint to see all the gaps. I know when I'm checking, I have to get my face pretty close, and also move my head around to check the different balls. But this would be a good start.

It can also be used to very easily check for a crooked rack, or a rack in the wrong place. Whether using a magic rack, or a triangle, if the outside of said rack was drawn on the table, the camera would for sure pick up if the rack was in the wrong place.

Having the TV at the venue will make it clear to all who is doing a good job racking, and who is not. I think exposing one's rack for all the room to see automatically, will take care of any players "purposely" cheating, and also of player "too lazy" to do it correctly.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since we argue here on the forums about the racks all the time, and the pros do amongst themselves as well while racking, it would be cool if the streamers started putting a dedicated camera directly overhead of the rack and permanently zoomed into the rack as tight as possible. Then display its feed onto a dedicated TV at the venue. And for the online streamers, cut to that camera during the racking process. Don't use that camera for anything else. Completely optimize it for this task only, then don't touch it.

I don't know if there would be enough resolution or a good enough viewpoint to see all the gaps. I know when I'm checking, I have to get my face pretty close, and also move my head around to check the different balls. But this would be a good start.

It can also be used to very easily check for a crooked rack, or a rack in the wrong place. Whether using a magic rack, or a triangle, if the outside of said rack was drawn on the table, the camera would for sure pick up if the rack was in the wrong place.

Having the TV at the venue will make it clear to all who is doing a good job racking, and who is not. I think exposing one's rack for all the room to see automatically, will take care of any players "purposely" cheating, and also of player "too lazy" to do it correctly.

Mighty fine idea.

Expose the bastards. :)