Vegas, May, 2014 Australian team.

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
pool halls @ Vegas

Cue Club - don't go there; dangerous
Pool Sharks - ok, but you have to cross a parking lot that you can get robbed at
Best Billiards - 25 of us went @ Mosconi @ Night 2. it's 5 miles from your hotel. $18 taxi from Mirage. it's 5 miles out Flamingo @ airport (same) side. in a strip shopping center. AND THE LIQUOR STORE IS AROUND THE CORNER - CHEAP. they have 3 BBs. 7 9Fs. and 3-4 3Cs, heated. y'all should fit right in! smoking. NO LIQUOR - i UNDERLINE this. only beer/wine. (hence the liquor store around the corner, cause i only drink whiskey....)
they serve subs & pizza, but i heard it's not that great - i don't know.

Lee Brett lives @ Vegas - he's a Brit - be nice to him. cause he's your bail -

**make sure your cab takes you to IN AND OUT hamburgers - @ end of strip @ Mandalay/airport over the highway. you can't butt the US without this**

tryin2hustle

Registered
Congrats on qualifying. The dates for the vnea world championships for 2014 are may 21st through may 31st. Make sure they attend the opening ceremonies with the parade of flags, national anthems for all nations present,and FREE BEER. For poker the WSOP will be running at the rio and has some really juicy cash games. What's the team name so when my team whoops yours I can gloat a little. Just kidding.Maybe.

Tickets

Little Aussie Battler
Silver Member
Teams called Nice Rack though I think they will get called Australia 2 or Australia 3 etc.

Best of luck to your team.

Hey I saw on the website it said no devices for jumping. That meaning no jump cues? If so, wasn't sure why they didn't just say "no jump cues"

Tickets

Little Aussie Battler
Silver Member
pool halls @ Vegas

Pool Sharks - ok, but you have to cross a parking lot that you can get robbed at
Best Billiards - 25 of us went @ Mosconi @ Night 2. it's 5 miles from your hotel. $18 taxi from Mirage. it's 5 miles out Flamingo @ airport (same) side. in a strip shopping center. AND THE LIQUOR STORE IS AROUND THE CORNER - CHEAP. they have 3 BBs. 7 9Fs. and 3-4 3Cs, heated. y'all should fit right in! smoking. NO LIQUOR - i UNDERLINE this. only beer/wine. (hence the liquor store around the corner, cause i only drink whiskey....)

**make sure your cab takes you to IN AND OUT hamburgers - @ end of strip @ Mandalay/airport over the highway. you can't butt the US without this**

Thanks again mate. Really do appreciate it very much.

tryin2hustle

Registered
No jump cues must be a new rule. I really can't believe it to be true. I'll check with my league operator tommorow night at league andupdate tommorow night. One other thing. Bally's is very convient to stay at for the short walk butand the rooms are clean and very reasonably priced but need to be updated badly.

Tickets

Little Aussie Battler
Silver Member
No jump cues must be a new rule. I really can't believe it to be true. I'll check with my league operator tommorow night at league andupdate tommorow night. One other thing. Bally's is very convient to stay at for the short walk butand the rooms are clean and very reasonably priced but need to be updated badly.

This is off the PDF they have concerning the event.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 124

Tickets

Little Aussie Battler
Silver Member
Also bottom left has the statement as well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 124

tryin2hustle

Registered
According tomy league operator jump cues are still allowed she is looking into it further to see exactly what that means.More to come later.....

RackOnTour

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have been there before and had a ball...I know ;-)

George has the trip wired and will be able to point them anywhere for anything...especially poker and food.

Don't stress about having a welcoming committee as they will be hard pressed to pack all they want into the 10 days they are there and also play their matches.

The standard venues we went to on The Strip still hold great appeal for 'first timers'.
Best thing to do is get them to follow suit with the regular travellers who are single.
Scully, Matty and Scotty and a couple of others will show them how to rock the city.

PINKLADY gave a great list that would take them months to get through.
Those Shire boys would be happy with Hard Rock, all the bars at MGM, Stratosphere, poker with Slug at Bellagio and Caesar's Palace, huge meals at Maggiano's and Peppermill, a day trip to the canyon or Lake Mead or spending up at the outlet centres.

Best place other than the venue for pool is just that - Best Billiards. The food there is pretty good too.

They will have no problems 'mingling' with so many players from all over the world.
Within 1 hour at the bar at Bally they will have 20 new Canadian and Kiwi friends (we are all still like magnets when there is a drinking session).

Truth be told they might all hook up with someone at the Suds'N'Chips mixer and only see each other while passing the bar or 5 minutes before a team match!

Remember...

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
pool halls @ Vegas

I take exception to your classifying the LV Cue Club as dangerous.. Anyone who spends a lot of time in Vegas will tell you the Cue Club is no more dangerous than any pool room anywhere in the US. The new Hispanic and Asian restaurants and clubs helped to upgrade the plaza over the past few years. Perfect? No. Just not dangerous.

Pool Sharks has had its days of problems as well. Still no food. The Cue Club looks new in comparison.

Best is very good not great. The new Asian billiard room next to Rum Runner Tropicana has the best equipment and staff. Joy to watch three cushion by real players.

You missed Mickey's Cues and Brews. Good equipment and like Best, a nicer neighborhood.

Perhaps we can agree to disagree. To our Aussie friends, this is Vegas. Pay attention to your surroundings and take nothing for granted. Most importantly, have FUN!

Lyn