Burl Variety Thread

Tickets

Little Aussie Battler
Silver Member
Hi everyone,

does anyone recall the thread where everyone named different types of burl?

Id like to see some examples used in cues.

Im using the search function and am up to page 35 with no luck.

Tickets

Little Aussie Battler
Silver Member
Must have been deleted? cant find it anywhere.

Had a good read of the Trent saga.

Been a long road for meridian blades.

Tickets

Little Aussie Battler
Silver Member
Thanks again. Spot on. Don't know how I missed it.

Appreciate your time.

meridianblades

BIG SHILL
Silver Member
Must have been deleted? cant find it anywhere.

Had a good read of the Trent saga.

Been a long road for meridian blades.

Tickets I hope that thread helped. I will say this.... I'm glad I stuck around because I have had the opportunity to meet a lot of GREAT cuemakers. Good people, that are very talented....

On a side note....If your from Sydney then you're sitting on some of the greatest burl in the world. (Red Morell / Vasticola / Mallee's)... the finest "red" burl in the world....IMO. One of the toughest to process however..... but well worth it.

One of my "Grail" cues, is a cue made entirely out Ringed Gidgee. Probably take me years to find some that is worthy.

Tickets

Little Aussie Battler
Silver Member
Tickets I hope that thread helped. I will say this.... I'm glad I stuck around because I have had the opportunity to meet a lot of GREAT cuemakers. Good people, that are very talented....

On a side note....If your from Sydney then you're sitting on some of the greatest burl in the world. (Red Morell / Vasticola / Mallee's)... the finest "red" burl in the world....IMO. One of the toughest to process however..... but well worth it.

One of my "Grail" cues, is a cue made entirely out Ringed Gidgee. Probably take me years to find some that is worthy.

Gday Meridian.

Even though we do have some great wood over here in Australia, i would have to pick it and send it to the states to be used in a custom cue which is pretty counterproductive. Was thinking of looking for what is available in the states to most cue makers. That thread you started has some great examples, so thankyou again.

The goal one day is to start making cues as a hobby, using Australian wood. There is a whole lot against me though. Access to equipment and tools id imagine will be incredibly hard. Im 30 now. Looking for something that will keep me going at 60 and onwards.

Speaking of burl, is the one on the next door neighbours tree interesting to anyone?

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 194
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 213

meridianblades

BIG SHILL
Silver Member
The shipping is expensive from or to ..... Looks like a nice size burl there...if your neighbor is OK with a little trimming.